Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Majority of Americans want Confederate statues to remain...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Meanwhile, in the real world, back before the Civil Rights era, when blacks faced serious discrimination and even the threat of lynchings crime rates among blacks are nothing like what we witness today.
    Yeah, we really knew how to deal with those evil buggers back in the day, didn't we rogue.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      This doesn't alter the fact that blacks are still marginalised to a large extent in the US
      No they aren't.

and are incarcerated at disproportionately high levels in a prison population,
      Because they commit a disproportionately high amount of crimes.

which is already the highest in the world.
      Actually, it's Seychelles. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rceration_rate
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        They aren't, and if and when white people are treated in the same fashion by the police and the justice system as are black people, then I'm sure you'd be out there protesting as well. ...

Race of Defendants Executed in the U.S. Since 1976
        BLACK
        34.5%
        LATINO
        8.3%
        WHITE
        55.6%
        OTHER
        1.6%

NOTE: The federal government counts some categories, such as Hispanics, as an ethnic group rather than a race. DPIC refers to all groups as races because the sources for much of our information use these categories.

def_race.jpg
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
          If and when these statues ever become the focal point of rampaging, violent hate-filled Antifa supporters, as the Confederate monuments have for the White Supremacist Nazis, then they should be removed too. Or better, placed in a museum as a reminder of the destructive power of extremist ideologies.
          No. Most countries actually realize they are just statues and should be admired for their artistry and history - nothing more.
          That's what
          - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

They aren't, and if and when white people are treated in the same fashion by the police and the justice system as are black people, then I'm sure you'd be out there protesting as well. But since that isn't the case, since its only a problem with black people, you don't care. Thats a racist attitude.
            You don't know me nearly as well as you think you do, Jim. I have always held that people should be treated the same, regardless of skin color - and I hold white racists, black racists, Latino racists, etc. to the same level of contempt.
            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Yeah, we really knew how to deal with those evil buggers back in the day, didn't we rogue.
              Yes Jimmy because we all know everyone to the right of Obama must be a racist, right? Tell me, did your MSM masters tell you what to think about blacks, asians, or latinos yet? Are they 'Uncle Toms'?
              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                Yes Jimmy because we all know everyone to the right of Obama must be a racist, right? Tell me, did your MSM masters tell you what to think about blacks, asians, or latinos yet? Are they 'Uncle Toms'?
                Actually I didn't know that lilpix, nor do I believe you, I just calls em as I sees em.

Comment

Actually I didn't know that lilpix, nor do I believe you, I just calls em as I sees em.
                  That's because you're pre programmed to believe that. Do you have any evidence that anyone on this thread, who isn't a liberal, must be a racist or do you believe that based up the fact they reject the notion that white racist exist behind every corner, to keep the black man down?
                  "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

No idiot child, the point as always soars over your pinhead.

Back when things were much, much worse for blacks their crime rate was but a fraction of what is seen today. They weren't out killing each other. But then the Welfare State destroyed their family structure and later rap music glorified violent behavior and we see a totally different culture where violence is accepted.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                      This doesn't alter the fact that blacks are still marginalised to a large extent in the US and are incarcerated at disproportionately high levels in a prison population, which is already the highest in the world.
                      The incarceration rate might just reflect the crime rate you know.

0000000000000a7.jpg 0000000000000a7.png

They're only 12 to 13% of the population yet commit half the violent crime. Statistics from the Bureau of Justice Statistics reveal that blacks were charged with 62% of robberies, 57% of murders and 45% of assaults in the 75 biggest counties in the country, despite only comprising roughly 15% of the population in these counties.
                      Last edited by rogue06; 08-28-2017, 09:05 AM.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        They aren't, and if and when white people are treated in the same fashion by the police and the justice system as are black people, then I'm sure you'd be out there protesting as well. But since that isn't the case, since its only a problem with black people, you don't care. Thats a racist attitude.
                        Posted this while the Ferguson shooting was still hot

And the Washington Times recently ran this:

Source: Police kill more whites than blacks, but minority deaths generate more outrage

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Wrt the last statistic, a recent study that a black person living in Chicago has an 1.13 in 1000 chance of being shot. Period. Funny how groups like Black Lives Matter and liberal politicians aren't up in arms (no pun intended) about this. But then they can't blame whites, or the police or give their typical knee jerk reaction of demanding stricter gun control since Chicago already has some of the toughest gun laws in the country. They cannot figure out how to exploit it to further their agenda so they simply ignore it.

One last factoid for you to hand wave away... According to FBI data (which also found that 40% of cop killers are black) blacks are more likely to kill police officers than to be killed by the police. . Apparently a police officer is something like 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black person than a cop killing an unarmed black person.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          The incarceration rate might just reflect the crime rate you know.
                          Don't confuse Tass with facts...
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                            Don't confuse Tass with facts...
                            What do you do when even the facts are racist (and probably white supremacist, too)?
                            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Wrong, the statues, monuments, and the confederate flag, were used by the racists, by the white supremacists, by the KKK, as symbols of white supremacy long before, very long before, the targets of their hate rose up in response. Dylann Roof is a prime example.
                              Dylan Roof was in 2015 and was the start of this nonsense. And it was him holding up a flag and nothing to do with a Statue. How is that "very long before"?

Comment

wow I didn't know you were such a bigoted, nazi racist JimL.

Comment