Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Majority of Americans want Confederate statues to remain...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
    Plenty of countries with even more liberal programs than ours have less poverty and less crime. Try again.
    It is not the existence of help for those in need. It is the actual results of the actions by liberals in this nation.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      There is less crime in other areas of this country too, like the poor in appalachia which I already mentioned. The difference in the inner city is all of the social programs being concentrated in one area. While you might have welfare in appalachia, you don't typically have the government concentrating people in slums, for example.

The inner city slums are a direct result of social programs by our government. They concentrate poor people in a small area, give them welfare to make them not work and have a lot of free time on their hands, give them affirmative action programs to make them feel entitled to special treatment, while being surrounded and bombarded by all the nice stuff they can't afford, and so what do they do? They decide they deserve that stuff, so they steal from their neighbors or sell them drugs to get enough money to get the things they can't afford.
      Of course the poor in Appalachia experience less crime. It's easier to commit a crime and there is more opportunity for criminal behavior in a densely populated area. You've even been emphasizing that factor.

Your characterization of welfare recipients isn't supported by the facts. 73% of the families receiving welfare have at least someone working.* Also, affirmative action isn't special treatment, it was designed to correct a societal bias.

*Page 5, Table 2

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
        It is not the existence of help for those in need. It is the actual results of the actions by liberals in this nation.
        Could you elaborate?

Comment

Granted their poverty problem is different from ours, but your link gives the rate as 14% as of 2013, while the US poverty rate is 13.5% as of 2015.

Source: https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/93583589/Unicef-report-New-Zealand-34th-out-of-41-developed-countries-for-child-wellbeing

Poverty
          New Zealand was not ranked against the goal of ending poverty as it only provided data in one of three indicators*used in the report.
          That was relative income poverty, with 19.8 per cent of Kiwi children living in a household with an income lower the 60 per cent of the median. Slightly better than the average of 21 per cent.
          However, the report's authors were critical of New Zealand's measurement of*poverty.
          Saying, "multidimensional poverty" should be measured as the per cent of children being*deprived of only two or more material indicators, while the New Zealand Government now defines it as being deprived of seven.*
          "New Zealand is clearly capable of reporting against Innocenti's*measures for multidimensional poverty, but hasn't, and has instead broadened the definitive lines of measurement for multidimensional poverty when reporting internally to New Zealand audiences."

© Copyright Original Source

That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Of course the poor in Appalachia experience less crime. It's easier to commit a crime and there is more opportunity for criminal behavior in a densely populated area. You've even been emphasizing that factor.

Your characterization of welfare recipients isn't supported by the facts. 73% of the families receiving welfare have at least someone working.* Also, affirmative action isn't special treatment, it was designed to correct a societal bias.

*Page 5, Table 2
            You know, I do enjoy how you act as though those living in inner cities have no choice, but to be criminals. Are you saying they are uncontrollable animals that are incapable of controlling themselves? In reality I've lived in small towns and cities and know you're full of it. It's not uncommon for doors to be unlocked and stuff to be left out in the yard without fear of theft in a smaller town. Can I do the same thing in a city? If anything it's pretty easy to steal in such open places, but it almost never happens. Sorry, but it has noting to do with opportunities because if anything, it might be easier in a small town vs a large city. Again, being poor is no excuse for criminal behavior.
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

*Page 5, Table 2
              Affirmative action should have been stopped by now. it was OK once upon a time but there is no point of it today other than special treatment.

You should watch this video, an interview of Larry Elder, a black man, who discusses whether there is systemic racism in the US today. He also touches on affirmative action.

https://www.facebook.com/Conservativ...0355643663013/

It is about 8 minutes long and worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                Affirmative action should have been stopped by now. it was OK once upon a time but there is no point of it today other than special treatment.

You should watch this video, an interview of Larry Elder, a black man, who discusses whether there is systemic racism in the US today. He also touches on affirmative action.

https://www.facebook.com/Conservativ...0355643663013/

It is about 8 minutes long and worth it.
                Larry Elder is one of my favorite columnists.
                Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  Larry Elder is one of my favorite columnists.
                  Thanks, now PM won't watch it for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                    Wouldn't the "much more discrimination" and "actually had to fear being lynched" be a reason for them to have a lower crime rate? If you could get lynched for stepping out of line, I'd expect you'd want to work really hard to not step out of line.
                    This logic implies that blacks are naturally violent and prone to criminal activity and it is only through being harshly repressed that they can be forced to keep their nature in check

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      Right, we've got to bring back lynching, that should take care of those uppity blacks.
                      For a brain dead twit such as yourself that would appear to be the natural conclusion.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                        Can you get any stupider? My God, how do you remember to breathe? Where's that head pounding the desk kid Rogue posts?
                        Face Palm - better.gif

Comment

I'm sorta impressed that you managed to somehow get that interpretation out of rogue's post.
                          I'm frequently impressed that he's capable of operating a key board.

Comment

Plenty of countries with even more liberal programs than ours have less poverty and less crime. Try again.
                            Are their programs designed to destroy the family structure like ours do? Do they have a culture that celebrates random violence and misogyny (listen to American rap music for a continuous stream of it)?

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              I'm frequently impressed that he's capable of operating a key board.
                              Maybe he has a servant type it in for him.
                              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Maybe he has a servant type it in for him.
                                "hey Siri, post an idiotic liberal rant for me"

Comment