Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Sotomayer Doesn't Understand Guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

And the case being made by the left is mass shootings. Rapid fire is not necessary, as most mass shooters aren't interested in just "spraying bullets", but maximum kill rate. You can do that with a semi-auto handgun and a backpack full of magazines.
    Sure you can CP, and I'll bet you'd agree that the guy in the Las Vegas mass shooting would have killed (68) just as many, and wounded (500) just as many without the bump stock. LOL!!

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Sure you can CP,
      I have absolutely no intention of ever trying.

and I'll bet you'd agree that the guy in the Las Vegas mass shooting would have killed (68) just as many, and wounded (500) just as many without the bump stock. LOL!!
      What kind of sick reprobate makes a joke out of killing innocent people?

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Sure you can CP, and I'll bet you'd agree that the guy in the Las Vegas mass shooting would have killed (68) just as many, and wounded (500) just as many without the bump stock. LOL!!
        Out of curiosity, you are aware that bump‐stocks are just one kind of a variety of attachments that are designed to increase the rate of fire of semi-automatic weapons, right?

And the only reason that action was taken against them was because that was the particular one that Paddock picked to use. Not because it is better or worse than the others, which were ignored.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Out of curiosity, you are aware that bump‐stocks are just one kind of a variety of attachments that are designed to increase the rate of fire of semi-automatic weapons, right?

And the only reason that action was taken against them was because that was the particular one that Paddock picked to use. Not because it is better or worse than the others, which were ignored.
          So what? If there are other kinds of attachments that accomplish the same goal as a machine gun does which is the killing of as many people as quickly as is possible, then they should be banned as well. That's the point of it's being banned.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I have absolutely no intention of ever trying.
            Well I would certainly hope not. Why, did someone suggest that you had such intentions?

What kind of sick reprobate makes a joke out of killing innocent people?
            Weird that you would see a joke in that.

Comment

Weird that you would see a joke in that.
              It was your goofy LOL at the end.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

You misunderstand me. I completely agree with SCOTUS's ruling. It falls short of the explicit definition of machine gun in the law.

I'm pointing out that the argument being made about "One guy is really fast, therefore point invalid" is not a good argument.
                The point I was make was that even a bump stock requires skill.
                P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

How much to skill and training to get near equivalent speed?

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

How much to skill and training to get near equivalent speed?
                    A quick search revealed this comparison of all three variances (starts ~1:30):

The bump stock only improved the fire rate by 2.5 bullets per second and 2 seconds total and it's still only have half the fire rate and time it took the full auto to empty the clip. I would doubt the average person could obtain fully automatic speeds. Accuracy is also lost with a bump stock. It barely does anything to improve on the gun.
                    P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

It was your goofy LOL at the end.
                      I see. Well, that was directed at your ignorance, not at the mass murder. LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

Your point being that so long as it requires skill it should be legal?

Comment

A quick search revealed this comparison of all three variances (starts ~1:30):

The bump stock only improved the fire rate by 2.5 bullets per second and 2 seconds total and it's still only have half the fire rate and time it took the full auto to empty the clip. I would doubt the average person could obtain fully automatic speeds. Accuracy is also lost with a bump stock. It barely does anything to improve on the gun.
                          Tell that to the families of the 68 dead and the 500 wounded in the Las Vegas mass shootings.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post

Tell that to the families of the 68 dead and the 500 wounded in the Las Vegas mass shootings.
                            I would because it's the facts.

Your point being that so long as it requires skill it should be legal?
                            Please tell me you're going to suggest fast fingers should be illegal. Please.
                            Last edited by Diogenes; 06-17-2024, 09:24 PM.
                            P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

I would because it's the facts.

Please tell me you're going to suggest fast fingers should be illegal. Please.
                              Haha, it's not fast fingers goofball, it's a bump stock.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post

Haha, it's not fast fingers goofball, it's a bump stock.
                                So it should be illegal t o have the ability to not apply too forward pressure or too little pressure. You're wanting to outlaw having a certain amount of manual dexterity. As demonstrated, a bump stock doesn't make a gun have a firing rate on par with an automatic weapon. It barely even improves fire rate. It's the basic mentality of "ban scary looking gun".
                                P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment