Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Abrams calls for removal of Confederate faces off Stone Mountain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Wrong, I'm not against free speech of any kind, I'm just pointing out how you conservatives automatically come to the defense of the white supremacists racists in your conservative party and automatically attack, condemn and assign the guilt of instigator to the counter protesters that stand against them. You weren't there, you don't know, yet, like Trump himself, that is what you do.
    We haven't defended racism or white supremacy have we Jimmy? We defended their right to free speech even though we disagree with them. We have ONLY been against the violence. ON BOTH SIDES. The right and left are both guilty of this at Charlottesville and other places. The KKK came ready for a fight, and the Antifa gave it to them. Both sides were wrong in the violence. well all three since the BLM was there too fighting.

And you just defended using violence in your last post! You claimed speech was a form of violence with the implication that it is OK to use violence in return to stop it!

And Tassman has been arguing that free speech doesn't include hate speech. Well in fact, it does. So yeah, you guys have been against free speech.

Comment

• As you've been reading on Wikipedia, the case against Black was dismissed because the law forced citizens accused of breaking it to prove their innocence rather than force the government to prove their guilt. In the majority ruling, it was agreed that burning a cross for intimidation purposes is illegal. Here's a case of a man sentenced for cross burning in a federal court 12 years after that decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
        As you've been reading on Wikipedia, the case against Black was dismissed because the law forced citizens accused of breaking it to prove their innocence rather than force the government to prove their guilt. In the majority ruling, it was agreed that burning a cross for intimidation purposes is illegal. Here's a case of a man sentenced for cross burning in a federal court 12 years after that decision.
        Apples and oranges, in your link the men went to the man's house and burnt the cross in his driveway. If they had did it on their own property there would have been no issue.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• And yet the MSM somehow managed to continuously misquote him. The vaunted New York Times, the supposed paper of record, "heard what Trump said...live and unedited" and yet still misquoted him on not one, not two, but five separate occasions and had to sheepishly issue five different retractions.

And who on God's green earth cares a whit what David Duke has to say? I mean, how many people follow what Duke says? Aside from the media maybe two or three hundred -- if even that? Moreover, no one seemed to care when the communist party[1] announced their enthusiastic support of Hillary for president, or Obama before her[2]. Compared to the communists the number of folks that the Klan has terrorized and killed is like comparing a thimble to a swimming pool.

1. You know, the folks who produced such folks as Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot. Who are responsible for slaughtering over a hundred million people trying to implement their policies.

2. The Democrats have swung so far to the left in recent years that the communist party no longer bothers to run a candidate for president any longer being more than happy to support the Democrat nominee.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• I think Tassman is a wonderful guy and I support him completely!

There, now you must be an alt-right, conservative, racist, bigot, homophobe, Christian like me because I praised you.

Comment

• Note that Duke likes Trump because of his good immigration policy rather than because Trump said anything white supremacist whereas he likes Ellison because he is openly anti-semitic (like many muslims/democrats). The "he knows" in his tweet refers to "he knows about Jews".
              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Z4sPLlK.jpg

Comment

Burning a cross for the purpose of intimidation is illegal in the US.
                  But not on your own private property as part of a KKK gathering. Just because they are slime does not make their actions illegal.
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                    But not on your own private property as part of a KKK gathering. Just because they are slime does not make their actions illegal.
                    The whole "for the purpose of intimidation" is the key here. It is still legal to do it at their rallies and such.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                      Apples and oranges, in your link the men went to the man's house and burnt the cross in his driveway. If they had did it on their own property there would have been no issue.
                      It doesn't matter where it happens, it matters if the intent was to intimidate. That's what the supreme court said and that what the law says.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                        Sure, as long as the KKK members aren't trying to intimidate someone.

Comment

As you've been reading on Wikipedia, the case against Black was dismissed because the law forced citizens accused of breaking it to prove their innocence rather than force the government to prove their guilt. In the majority ruling, it was agreed that burning a cross for intimidation purposes is illegal. Here's a case of a man sentenced for cross burning in a federal court 12 years after that decision.
                          I was actually giving the info to clear up what you said. You're welcome.
                          That's what
                          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

It doesn't matter where it happens, it matters if the intent was to intimidate. That's what the supreme court said and that what the law says.
                            So then you would say that this is illegal then and the people doing it should be arrested?

Comment

No Psychic cross burning is legal, period - that is what the Court said. In your one case they went to the man's house. And I would say that all cross burning have a bad intent.
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                                No Psychic cross burning is legal, period - that is what the Court said.
                                Why is Psychic cross burning not legal?!? How could a Court say such a thing?
                                Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                                sigpic
                                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment