Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Abrams calls for removal of Confederate faces off Stone Mountain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    You can honor even your enemies without celebrating or agreeing with their causes. Even though the South was wrong, they were still Americans, and most were honorable men fighting for what they believed was just. We can honor that without celebrating them. Besides, "celebrating" as used by the liberals and Tassy means "agreeing with them and promoting their ideals of racism and slavery" and trying to associate anyone who wants to keep the statues as being White Supremacists."
    If you were a black person who these Confederate leaders were fighting to keep enslaved, I think you might have a different attitude concerning their honor..

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      If you were a black person who these Confederate leaders were fighting to keep enslaved, I think you might have a different attitude concerning their honor..
      http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/17/po...atues-removed/

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
        i.chzbgr copy.jpg
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]23834[/ATTACH]
          Offended by:

Tacos and Peanut Butter Sandwiches
          Free Speech
          The American Flag
          Statues

Comment

• So if you were a black person, knowing the history of the south and of slavery and what those statues commemorate and symbolize concerning the treatment of your ancestors, you'd be just fine with them?

Comment

So if you were a black person, knowing the history of the south and of slavery and what those statues commemorate and symbolize concerning the treatment of your ancestors, you'd be just fine with them?
              Yep. Just like every black person and liberal has until you all went nuts trying to find something to obsess about to change the topic from the fact that there is no evidence of a Russian collusion.

Comment

• But folks like Jimmy blacks aren't smart enough to make such decisions for themselves. They need folks like him to tell them what to think and do.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yep. Just like every black person and liberal has until you all went nuts trying to find something to obsess about to change the topic from the fact that there is no evidence of a Russian collusion.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    But folks like Jimmy blacks aren't smart enough to make such decisions for themselves. They need folks like him to tell them what to think and do.
                    I am glad the liberals have all gone nuts and are showing America how insane they really are with all of this nonsense and flinging accusations at everyone who doesn't follow the talking points. It just hurts them in the long run when election time comes along. I wonder if they think that accusing all white people and conservatives of being Nazi Racists will endear them to the left and convince them to vote Democrat?

Comment

I am glad the liberals have all gone nuts and are showing America how insane they really are with all of this nonsense and flinging accusations at everyone who doesn't follow the talking points. It just hurts them in the long run when election time comes along. I wonder if they think that accusing all white people and conservatives of being Nazi Racists will endear them to the left and convince them to vote Democrat?
                      A couple weeks back I was reading of a study that found that a large portion of those who had voted for Obama but voted for Trump this go around did so largely because they were sick and tired of the bizarre social engineering that the left was determinedly engaged in. Specifically many thought that Hillary and other Democrats were far more interested in making sure transsexuals would have access to whatever bathroom they wanted to use at the moment than they were about jobs and the economy. And as long as they continue to do so a significant portion of the voters that they count will likely stay at home come the next election.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                        So if you were a black person, knowing the history of the south and of slavery and what those statues commemorate and symbolize concerning the treatment of your ancestors, you'd be just fine with them?
                        Yeah, that's not the statutes symbolize, you doofus.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

A couple weeks back I was reading of a study that found that a large portion of those who had voted for Obama but voted for Trump this go around did so largely because they were sick and tired of the bizarre social engineering that the left was determinedly engaged in. Specifically many thought that Hillary and other Democrats were far more interested in making sure transsexuals would have access to whatever bathroom they wanted to use at the moment than they were about jobs and the economy. And as long as they continue to do so a significant portion of the voters that they count will likely stay at home come the next election.
                          One of my cousins said that she has always been a democrat and her dad too, and this time they both voted for Trump because the democrats have gone nuts with all this nonsense and violence.

Comment

But folks like Jimmy blacks aren't smart enough to make such decisions for themselves. They need folks like him to tell them what to think and do.
                            Who do you think set in motion the tearing of the statues down you dope?

Comment

Who do you think set in motion the tearing of the statues down you dope?
                              Liberal snowflakes. Their skin color does not matter.
                              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Statues can represent lots of things Jimmy. Some of those statues were built as a memorial to those who died or for peace. You should really try reading dedication plaques on statues sometime. Likewise, many of my ancestors were Irish, Italian, and American Indians and we know how poorly these groups were treated. How should I feel about their treatment? Nothing because those events happened to them and not me. Same is true for the descendents of slaves. It was your ancestors who were locked into slavery, not you. So remember the past, make sure those events don't repeat, and stop trying to benefit from the suffering of your ancestors.
                                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment