Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden Admin Privately Asks Hamas Not to Attack U.S. Forces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    Of course he could have changed the date if he'd wanted. I'm just noting the pullout was bipartisan. If someone's going to argue that Trump is better than Biden on foreign policy, then they can't make that argument by pointing to things Trump and Biden agreed on.

I grant you that the pullout looked pretty suckful. But I have no interest whatsoever in this argument, because Biden wasn't the one managing the details of the pullout. If you think there should be an investigation as to why the US military sucked in their organisation of the pullout, go for it, such an investigation would be sensible. But don't waste my time pretending Biden was the one who decided all the details of how the pullout would happen. And do remember that the pullout was Trump's plan.
    Biden is the head of the military (Commander in Chief), he chose his Generals. He even argued with them when he was told that his plan was not a good one.

Top generals contradict Biden, say they urged him not to withdraw from Afghanistan
    https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...hearing-514491

Generals once again criticize Biden’s Afghanistan withdrawal
    https://www.politico.com/live-update...enzie-00147797

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Biden is the head of the military (Commander in Chief), he chose his Generals. He even argued with them when he was told that his plan was not a good one.

Top generals contradict Biden, say they urged him not to withdraw from Afghanistan
      https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...hearing-514491

Generals once again criticize Biden’s Afghanistan withdrawal
      https://www.politico.com/live-update...enzie-00147797
      But Star has a point in that Biden probably didn't make the actual decision, as his handlers probably pushed this. But, yes, the military obviously thought this was a bad idea.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Of course he could have changed the date if he'd wanted. I'm just noting the pullout was bipartisan. If someone's going to argue that Trump is better than Biden on foreign policy, then they can't make that argument by pointing to things Trump and Biden agreed on.
        Yes, Americans wanted out of Afghanistan. There was definitely bi-partisan support for that. Nobody disagrees.

But the issue you want to draw attention away from is how to accomplish it.

Old Joe, ignoring the advice of the military appeared to opt for the screw it up in spectacular ways route. So much so even those with little to no understanding how the military operates and how to conduct a withdraw could see that this was an inexcusable colossal series of unforced errors. I mean what idiot would ever think removing the troops before the civilians was a good idea?

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
        I grant you that the pullout looked pretty suckful.
        I guess you forgot that you are on record describing it as "by far the best thing Biden's done"

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
        But I have no interest whatsoever in this argument, because Biden wasn't the one managing the details of the pullout. If you think there should be an investigation as to why the US military sucked in their organisation of the pullout, go for it, such an investigation would be sensible. But don't waste my time pretending Biden was the one who decided all the details of how the pullout would happen. And do remember that the pullout was Trump's plan.
        The idea of the pull out was Trump's.

The initial date set was Trump's.

The execution of the plan was all old Joe.

Moreover...

Top generals told lawmakers under oath on Tuesday that they advised President Joe Biden early this year to keep several thousand troops in Afghanistan — directly contradicting the president’s comments in August that no one warned him not to withdraw troops from the country.

The remarkable testimony pits top military brass against the commander-in-chief as the Biden administration continues to face tough questions about what critics are calling a botched withdrawal that directly led to the deaths of 13 American service members, scenes of chaos at the Kabul airport, and the abandonment of American citizens and at-risk Afghans in the war-torn country.

It is telling that old Joe didn't demand any resignations after this humiliating FUBAR blunder, but then it was his plan and he insists that it was, as he put it, an "outstanding success" and was "flawless" -- although at some point it has sunk through the layers of worsening senility that his accounting might not be accurate, so he has also declared that the withdraw was Trump's fault.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

No.

Biden has been expanding the Abraham Accords. Which was a terrible decision, building on Trump's terrible Abraham accords.

Far from leading to peace in the middle east, it cause the largest death toll for Jews we've seen in the 21st century, and set the table for the genocide we are currently witnessing.

The Abraham Accords were lunacy negotiated by morons, and were always going to lead to the death on both sides we are seeing.

It was a massively negative accomplishment. Nobody else could aspire to screw up peace in the middle east as much as it did. Behold the current "peace" we can all see as a result.
          It was going splendidly with other nations indicating a willingness to sign on or create their own separate deal. Then old Joe stumbled into the White House and sought to renege on several commitments we made as part of the deals bringing everything to a screeching halt. After he succeeded in stopping it he then announced that on principle he supports the Accords -- but insisted that they be called something else.

So they were effectively dead in the water during old Joe's Administration. As a result some Middle Eastern countries even started to turn toward China to keep the peace process going.

LGB!

As Obama's Secretary of Defense, Robert Gates put it

"I think he has been wrong on nearly every major foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades."

And of course there's Obama's notorious comment about old Joe screwing up everything he does.
          Last edited by rogue06; 06-17-2024, 11:39 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment