Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

LGBTQ Fascists, again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

I would not "advocate" for women in combat, but I would allow it as long as the women showed they could perform comparably to men.

And yes, I would probably be considered an "unmanly wuss." Definitely a nerd.
    I have no problem with women in combat as long as it does not depend on physical strength. Fighter or drone pilots, for example. Maybe even as snipers. Same with any men that are not physically large or strong enough - that would probably include me, even when I was young enough to be in the military. I am more of a nerd though so I would have ended up in Tech Support.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I have no problem with women in combat as long as it does not depend on physical strength. Fighter or drone pilots, for example. Maybe even as snipers. Same with any men that are not physically large or strong enough - that would probably include me, even when I was young enough to be in the military. I am more of a nerd though so I would have ended up in Tech Support.
      The traditional opposition to "women in combat" has been the fact that the prospect of the enemy showing women (if captured by the enemy) being raped and/or sexually abused would be far more problematic than a man being tortured in a POW camp or elsewhere.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

The traditional opposition to "women in combat" has been the fact that the prospect of the enemy showing women (if captured by the enemy) being raped and/or sexually abused would be far more problematic than a man being tortured in a POW camp or elsewhere.
        That is a concern.

Comment

I have no problem with women in combat as long as it does not depend on physical strength..
          I do, I was raised to protect women not to send them into harms way. Not to send them in the middle of the night to check if there is a burglar breaking in.

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post

I do, I was raised to protect women not to send them into harms way. Not to send them in the middle of the night to check if there is a burglar breaking in.
            From growing up as an Army brat and interacting with soldiers, I know the women in the military are not princesses needing saving. They are generally as tough and crude as the male soldiers. More like biker chicks than damsels in distress.

Comment

From growing up as an Army brat and interacting with soldiers, I know the women in the military are not princesses needing saving. They are generally as tough and crude as the male soldiers. More like biker chicks than damsels in distress.
              As an ex Marine I will say that is bunk, go back to the pugil stick fighting video..
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

As an ex Marine I will say that is bunk, go back to the pugil stick fighting video..
                There are a lot more jobs in the military than physical combat jobs, seer. And there are a lot of men that would have been in the same position as that women in that video. I think people in the military should be placed in the positions they are qualified to be in. If you are a physical monster, sure, go into a ground troop front-line position, or if really good, special forces. But even they need support, from cooks, to supply personnel, air support, medical, payroll managers, tech support, and a whole host of jobs that don't require them to fight physically but still are what you would call combat positions

Comment

But even they need support, from cooks, to supply personnel, air support, medical, payroll managers, tech support, and a whole host of jobs that don't require them to fight physically but still are what you would call combat positions
                  But they are not actually combat positions, nor are they generally at the front lines. Sure a nurse could be killed in a MASH unit in the rear but that is unusual. Only eight American servicewomen were killed in all the years of the Vietnam war.

Comment

But they are not actually combat positions, nor are they generally at the front lines. Sure a nurse could be killed in a MASH unit in the rear but that is unusual. Only eight American servicewomen were killed in all the years of the Vietnam war.
                    Medics go out with troops, pilots take the troops to and from the front line. And even when they are in the "rear" they are still targets for enemy attacks. Women could be part of a tank crew and not need physical strength to do their job.

Comment

Medics go out with troops, pilots take the troops to and from the front line. And even when they are in the "rear" they are still targets for enemy attacks. Women could be part of a tank crew and not need physical strength to do their job.
                      Medics and Corpsmen - and I always smile at the fact that Obama called them "Corpse men".

And my guide on the last trip to Israel was a woman who had been a Tank Commander INSTRUCTOR for the IDF.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Again, I don't support women in any position that will likely get them killed. Period.

Comment

Again, I don't support women in any position that will likely get them killed. Period.
                          I'm concerned - as I said earlier - about positions that will put them at risk of rape or other sexual exploitation - that is a tremendous propaganda tool for the captors.
                          We EXPECT to see men tortured or abused in captivity in war, but women - that's a whole different thing.

Comment