Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden and Trump agree to debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    The problem with that explanation is that he turned to the mayor of Detroit and added about how much time they spent together.

"Well the poor mayor, he spent more time with me than he thought he was ever going to have to. God love you.”

But the current mayor wasn't the mayor during the recession. He didn't become mayor until 2014. It would be hard to confuse him with the mayor back during the recession, partly because he's the first white mayor the city has had since the 1970s.

Keep in mind that during his interview with Special Council Robert Hur it was determined that the duffer was confused about when his term in office began and ended
    Biden shills are experiencing a case of cognitive dissonance. It's easier to dismiss it as just a normal human flub (even though we know Biden is anything but normal), than to admit he actually thought he was VP during covid. The latter is too horrifying to admit.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

Biden shills are experiencing a case of cognitive dissonance. It's easier to dismiss it as just a normal human flub (even though we know Biden is anything but normal), than to admit he actually thought he was VP during covid. The latter is too horrifying to admit.
      As noted, during his interview with Hur, old Joe couldn't remember when exactly he was VP.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

As noted, during his interview with Hur, old Joe couldn't remember when exactly he was VP.
        I guess we now know why they're fighting tooth and nail not to release the audio recordings.

Comment

If it were anyone else, you might give them a pass as just a simple slip up. Like when he claims the inflation rate was 9% when he came into office. If that were a normal person without cognitive decline, we'd assume he's a just blatant liar, but it's Biden, so we expect such absurd distortions of reality, much like him thinking he was VP during the covid pandemic.

When he keeps repeating things like the 9% inflation rate (which was really something under 2%) then he has no excuse of "misspeaking" a word. That is deliberate and most likely his handlers telling him to use that to gaslight the American people. But a simple slip-up of a single word that in context shows it was a slip-up should not be used against anyone, even Biden.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            Then he keeps repeating things like the 9% inflation rate (which was really something under 2%) then he has no excuse of "misspeaking" a word. That is deliberate and most likely his handlers telling him to use that to gaslight the American people.
            I really have to wonder about that --- I wonder if, perhaps, his handlers keep telling him "DON'T SAY THAT", but Joe is too demented to process that.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Here's the context (from the corrected record)

Source: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/speeches-remarks/2024/05/19/remarks-by-president-biden-at-a-campaign-event-detroit-mi-2/

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Please, have a seat.

I don’t feel tired. I feel inspired. (Applause.)

Hello, Detroit. My name is Joe Biden, and I’m a lifetime member of the NAACP. (Applause.) As a matter of fact, the first organization I ever joined was the NAACP. Didn’t get to vote until you were 21 in those days, but I got involved in civil rights when I was 15.

And, folks, look, I want to thank Reverend Anthony for that introduction. I tell you what, I measure the significance of an award based on the character and the consequence of those organizations bestowing it.

And I love Detroit for three reasons. Number one, my dad was an automobile manager. Detroit put food on our table every night. (Applause.) Oh, not a joke. Not a joke.

And when I was vice president, things were kind of bad during the pandemic [recession], and what happened was Barack said to me, “Go to Detroit and help fix it.” Well, poor mayor, he spent more time with me than he ever thought he was going to have to. (Laughter.) God love you.

PARTICIPANT: Love you.

© Copyright Original Source

To be frank, there's nothing here that (to me) seems to be referencing the current mayor. It reads as just a reminiscence.
              The videos show that he was addressing the mayor. He literally reached over to shake his hand after saying "Well, poor mayor, he spent more time with me than he ever thought he was going to have to" and told him "God love you."

Given that he wasn't mayor in 2009 but was mayor during the pandemic that is another indication this was not just a simple misstatement of a single word. He directly tied the current mayor to the trip Obama sent him on.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The videos show that he was addressing the mayor. He literally reached over to shake his hand after saying "Well, poor mayor, he spent more time with me than he ever thought he was going to have to" and told him "God love you."

Given that he wasn't mayor in 2009 but was mayor during the pandemic that is another indication this was not just a simple misstatement of a single word. He directly tied the current mayor to the trip Obama sent him on.
                Well at least he wasn't shaking hands with a ghost.

Comment

Well at least he wasn't shaking hands with a ghost.

His linking the mayor who was in office during the pandemic to his story about Obama sending him to Detroit to deal with the pandemic indicates more is going on than a simple slip of the tongue.

Comment

When he keeps repeating things like the 9% inflation rate (which was really something under 2%) then he has no excuse of "misspeaking" a word. That is deliberate and most likely his handlers telling him to use that to gaslight the American people. But a simple slip-up of a single word that in context shows it was a slip-up should not be used against anyone, even Biden.
                    As rogue pointed out, he thought Mike Duggan was mayor, so he was clearly confusing covid with the recession.

Comment

• I have to wonder if old Joe's less-than-stellar performances since he's gone out campaigning have his keepers questioning whether letting him actually debate was a bad idea. They won't be able to ignore or spike the steady stream of head-scratching flubs and forced errors in a nationally televised debate.

If he does something like insist that the inflation rate was at 9% when he stumbled into the White House like he did recently, it'll be like when Ford insisted that the people behind the Iron Curtain were free. Something a campaign won't recover from.

Biden is reaching the point where simply not doing a major screw up won't be enough. He has to win. And in spite of the MSM insisting he won no matter how well or poorly he performs, I have serious doubts that he can do that minus an OMB implosion.

Comment

As rogue pointed out, he thought Mike Duggan was mayor, so he was clearly confusing covid with the recession.
                        When he insisted that Duggan was the mayor back then that clearly indicates that old Joe had done more than a slip of the tongue.

Comment

When he insisted that Duggan was the mayor back then that clearly indicates that old Joe had done more than a slip of the tongue.
                          But at least Duggan was there for the handshake, not just an imaginary person.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

But at least Duggan was there for the handshake, not just an imaginary person.
                            It is truly frightening to realize that this is an improvement.

Comment

It is truly frightening to realize that this is an improvement.

Him thinking he was VP during covid is more frightening IMO.

Comment