Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Atlanta gym bans police officers, members of military from joining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlanta gym bans police officers, members of military from joining

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/atlanta-...inkId=40765135

ATLANTA -- An Atlanta gym owner has banned police officers and military members from working out at his facility.

Jim Chambers put up a sign on the door of EAV Barbell Club that used an expletive to announce that police aren't welcome there. Chambers tells WXIA-TV that his gym has "had an explicitly stated 'No Cop' policy" since it opened. He says active members of the military also aren't eligible for membership.

The gym posted a photo of the sign on its Instagram account with the caption "We simplified our membership policy."

The Atlanta Police Department tells the station that the policy wouldn't prevent them from responding to an emergency at the gym.

Chambers says he's taken the sign down due to its vulgarity, but plans to replace it with a clean version. He told the station that people who work out there are generally minorities who are uncomfortable with law enforcement.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    He told the station that people who work out there are generally minorities who are uncomfortable with law enforcement.
    What if they were uncomfortable with gays or transgenders - the left would go crazy, but I bet they will applaud this!
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I think idiots do stuff like this for free publicity.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        What if they were uncomfortable with gays or transgenders - the left would go crazy, but I bet they will applaud this!
        Police officers and members of the military aren't a protected class.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Police officers and members of the military aren't a protected class.
          In private business no one is. IF you follow the letter of the law. but we seem to be past that now. I would organize protest about equality means equality.
          A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

The only time liberals care about the law is when they can twist it to their advantage.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
              He told the station that people who work out there are generally minorities who are uncomfortable with law enforcement.
              In other words, the local criminal element is beefing up for their eventual stints in prison.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                In private business no one is. IF you follow the letter of the law. but we seem to be past that now. I would organize protest about equality means equality.
                I would be tempted to open up a gym next door for cops, vets, and concealed carry permit holders.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

That's really sad.
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    I would be tempted to open up a gym next door for cops, vets, and concealed carry permit holders.
                    Better yet a donut shop/shooting range!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                        It seems to be another hysteria-driven comment on the phony liberal stereotype of rampant and wide spread police brutality and attacks on civil liberties.
                        FIFY

It's not surprising at all that actually swallow this cow poop.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          FIFY

It's not surprising at all that actually swallow this cow poop.

Comment

Of course I am! You're one of my favorite hooligans! What made you think I wasn't speaking to you?

So, like a snowflake, he doesn't want to try to resolve the problem - just isolate himself from it. Very cowardly. And very typically hypocritical leftist "inclusion".

Now, do you see how fair I am being compared to your biased diatribe?
                            Nope.

Comment

I can understand the logic for not letting police officers in, even if I think it's stupid, but the argument about police brutality making minorities uncomfortable in having the police around doesn't make any sense for banning the military.

Comment