Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

How long can Netanyahu survive in power?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair, none of this was actually Biden. His handlers and advisors are who told him what his position is and put it on the teleprompter for him to read. That is why he never takes questions. He has no idea what he just read and no understanding of the issues. He is just more of a spokesmodel for the democrats than an actual President.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

To be fair, none of this was actually Biden. His handlers and advisors are who told him what his position is and put it on the teleprompter for him to read. That is why he never takes questions. He has no idea what he just read and no understanding of the issues. He is just more of a spokesmodel for the democrats than an actual President.
      No disagreement there whatsoever.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

On what evidence?
        From last year but still pertinent
        Hamas has spent years stockpiling desperately needed fuel, food and medicine, as well as ammo and weapons, in the miles of tunnels it has carved out under Gaza.

As supplies of virtually every basic human necessity dwindle in Gaza, one group in the besieged enclave remains well-stocked: Hamas.

Arab and Western officials say there is substance to Israeli claims of Hamas stockpiling supplies, including desperately needed food and fuel. Hamas, they say, has spent years building dozens of kilometers of tunnels under the strip where it has amassed stores of virtually everything needed for a drawn-out fight. It is a reality that Israel may soon find itself grappling with if it makes good on its threat to invade Gaza.

Hamas has hundreds of thousands of gallons of fuel for vehicles and rockets; caches of ammunition, explosives and materials to make more; and stockpiles of food, water and medicine, the officials said. A senior Lebanese official said Hamas, which is estimated to number between 35,000 and 40,000, had enough stocked away to keep fighting for three to four months without resupply.

One of the four Israeli hostages released by Hamas even described the group providing captives with medicine, shampoo and feminine hygiene products. All are now said to be extraordinarily scarce in Gaza more than two weeks after Israel, aided by Egypt, imposed what it called a “complete” blockade following the attack by the terrorist group on Oct. 7.

The Arab and Western officials who described Hamas’s supply situation all spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were disclosing information gleaned from human sources, communications intercepts and other streams of intelligence. The stockpiles are typically kept underground, they said, and cautioned that precise details on Hamas’s supplies were difficult to come by.

While the blockade has left Gaza’s roughly 2 million people scraping by with what little food and water they scrounge up, it does not yet appear to have begun to degrade Hamas’s ability to fight. The group has launched hundreds of rockets at Israel since the blockade began and have fended off preliminary Israeli incursions into the enclave.

The supply situation speaks to the relative sophistication of Hamas as a fighting force — an axiom among military professionals is that while amateurs talk about tactics, professionals talk about logistics. Yet with Gazans facing a humanitarian catastrophe, Hamas’s stockpiles raise questions about what responsibility, if any, it has to the civilian population.

History abounds of well-supplied armies fighting on the front lines while the home front went hungry. Germans, for instance, endured what became known as the “Turnip Winter” at the height of World War I, even as the Kaiser’s armies were well provisioned. They eventually lost and the German Empire fell.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by eider View Post

Interesting question...... That you think of a situation where an extremist maniac set about the denocide of 11 million people.

We didn't even know about them until American and Russian forces came upon them.
          The point that you are wholly incapable of comprehending is that you don't allow your enemy to continue to be resupplied if you can help it. That's pretty much a basic "rule" of warfare.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Of course I oppose Hamas murdering innocent civilians, but I thought we were talking about Israel.
            So you oppose Hamas murdering innocent civilians, but won't oppose Israel murdering innocent civilians, and won't even discuss the topic.

You are a despicable coward.
            Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
            MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              From last year but still pertinent
              Hamas has spent years stockpiling desperately needed fuel, food and medicine, as well as ammo and weapons, in the miles of tunnels it has carved out under Gaza.

As supplies of virtually every basic human necessity dwindle in Gaza, one group in the besieged enclave remains well-stocked: Hamas.

Arab and Western officials say there is substance to Israeli claims of Hamas stockpiling supplies, including desperately needed food and fuel. Hamas, they say, has spent years building dozens of kilometers of tunnels under the strip where it has amassed stores of virtually everything needed for a drawn-out fight. It is a reality that Israel may soon find itself grappling with if it makes good on its threat to invade Gaza.

Hamas has hundreds of thousands of gallons of fuel for vehicles and rockets; caches of ammunition, explosives and materials to make more; and stockpiles of food, water and medicine, the officials said. A senior Lebanese official said Hamas, which is estimated to number between 35,000 and 40,000, had enough stocked away to keep fighting for three to four months without resupply.

One of the four Israeli hostages released by Hamas even described the group providing captives with medicine, shampoo and feminine hygiene products. All are now said to be extraordinarily scarce in Gaza more than two weeks after Israel, aided by Egypt, imposed what it called a “complete” blockade following the attack by the terrorist group on Oct. 7.

The Arab and Western officials who described Hamas’s supply situation all spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were disclosing information gleaned from human sources, communications intercepts and other streams of intelligence. The stockpiles are typically kept underground, they said, and cautioned that precise details on Hamas’s supplies were difficult to come by.

While the blockade has left Gaza’s roughly 2 million people scraping by with what little food and water they scrounge up, it does not yet appear to have begun to degrade Hamas’s ability to fight. The group has launched hundreds of rockets at Israel since the blockade began and have fended off preliminary Israeli incursions into the enclave.

The supply situation speaks to the relative sophistication of Hamas as a fighting force — an axiom among military professionals is that while amateurs talk about tactics, professionals talk about logistics. Yet with Gazans facing a humanitarian catastrophe, Hamas’s stockpiles raise questions about what responsibility, if any, it has to the civilian population.

History abounds of well-supplied armies fighting on the front lines while the home front went hungry. Germans, for instance, endured what became known as the “Turnip Winter” at the height of World War I, even as the Kaiser’s armies were well provisioned. They eventually lost and the German Empire fell.

I regret that I would not trust the IDF's public information comments further than I can throw the proverbial Bechstein Grand.
              "It ain't necessarily so
              The things that you're liable
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life
              Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

I regret that I would not trust the IDF's public information comments further than I can throw the proverbial Bechstein Grand.
                But anything Hamas says can be taken to the proverbial bank?
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

You are welcome to trawl this site to find any comments by me that have defended or endorsed Hamas.
                  "It ain't necessarily so
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

You are welcome to trawl this site to find any comments by me that have defended or endorsed Hamas.
                    By your standard, your lack of condemnation is proof of your support.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignorant Roy View Post
                      So you oppose Hamas murdering innocent civilians, but won't oppose Israel murdering innocent civilians, and won't even discuss the topic.

You are a despicable coward.
                      Unlike Hamas, Israel is not deliberately targeting innocent civilians. But I'm sure a despicable coward like you is well aware of that, and you're just trying to score cheap debate points with your pretend outrage.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

By your standard, your lack of condemnation is proof of your support.
                        As I have several times condemned the atrocity of 7 October your comment is invalid.
                        "It ain't necessarily so
                        To read in the Bible
                        It ain't necessarily so
                        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

As I have several times condemned the atrocity of 7 October your comment is invalid.

Sure.

Comment

Please note that the New York Times article that you dutifully ignored cites both "Arab and Western officials" as corroborating the general claim.

Comment

FWICT, you have never "condemned" the October 7th attack, but instead repeatedly said that you won't "condone" it.

There's a world of difference between refusing to condone an action and condemning the action.

Comment

Like the claim that an Israeli jet launched a missile into a Gaza hospital killing "hundreds" whereas in the real world it was shown to be the debris from an exploded Hamas (or one of their allies) rocket that rained down in the parking lot killing several and injuring dozens. The NYT did their level best to push the lie, even publishing a picture of a bombed out building claiming it was the hospital after the Israeli's supposedly attacked it.

Comment