Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

BOMBSHELL: FBI Staged Fake Photo of Classified Documents for PR Purposes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by View Post
    ... judge Cannon who has been doing everything she is told to do in order to postpone the trial until after the election in order to protect her masters chances in that election.
    Of course you wouldn't make such an accusation without good evidence to back it up, right? Right?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

You forgot to add the word "treason".
      You're already totally aware of Trumps treason anyway. Apparently you're just right there with him!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post

Main document is here and attachments are here.
        Thanks, but I meant the recent filing, where the government (allegedly) admits that it stated falsely that some of the documents were found with cover sheets attached.

Certain of the documents had colored cover sheets indicating their classification status. See, e.g., Attachment F (redacted FBI photograph of certain documents and classified cover sheets recovered from a container in the “45 office”).

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post
          Thanks, but I meant the recent filing, where the government (allegedly) admits that it stated falsely that some of the documents were found with cover sheets attached.

Certain of the documents had colored cover sheets indicating their classification status. See, e.g., Attachment F (redacted FBI photograph of certain documents and classified cover sheets recovered from a container in the “45 office”).

My apologies for the misunderstanding. I understand what you're saying now and I think you're right that the recent government filing does not explicitly say that these cover sheets aren't original. I had assumed they weren't under the idea that the empty classification folders were the appropriate method of covering the documents but if people with some expertise in the matter here say that's not the case, I think your question is pertinent.

The filing does say that the recovery team brought cover sheets and that those cover sheets were used as placeholders for classified documents as they were removed. I think it's reasonable to assume that the FBI's cover sheets are the paperclipped ones in the photo but I do not believe the government's filing explicitly states as much.

-Sam
          "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            No matter how you try to spin it, Sam, the fact is, Judge Cannon considers the prosecution's misconduct to be serious enough to indefinitely suspend the trial while she double checks their work. One legal analyst opined that this additional scrutiny is guaranteed to give Jack Smith some sleepless nights.
            As already cited, that's not the reason Cannon provided for officially delaying the trial date, which was not expected to begin on May 20 with the numerous pre-trial issues still left standing.

-Sam
            "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

My apologies for the misunderstanding. I understand what you're saying now and I think you're right that the recent government filing does not explicitly say that these cover sheets aren't original. I had assumed they weren't under the idea that the empty classification folders were the appropriate method of covering the documents but if people with some expertise in the matter here say that's not the case, I think your question is pertinent.

The filing does say that the recovery team brought cover sheets and that those cover sheets were used as placeholders for classified documents as they were removed. I think it's reasonable to assume that the FBI's cover sheets are the paperclipped ones in the photo but I do not believe the government's filing explicitly states as much.
              Again, thanks for the link.

Without evidence to the contrary, I would tend to believe the FBI's original statement that the cover sheets shown in the photo were already with the documents when they were found (whether attached or not). There would be no reason to put the documents into folders, since the cover sheets prevent any classified information from being visible.

Comment

As already cited, that's not the reason Cannon provided for officially delaying the trial date, which was not expected to begin on May 20 with the numerous pre-trial issues still left standing.

-Sam
                You're right, Jack Smith has nothing to worry about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

You're right, Jack Smith has nothing to worry about.
                  Well, he mainly has to worry about Cannon waiting until after jeopardy attaches, and then dismissing the case.

I don't think he has to worry about the trial being put off until after the election. That ship has sailed.

Comment

-Sam
                    CNN

Cannon noted in her Tuesday order that there are eight substantive pending motions she has yet to decide. She also reiterated that she believes the national security mishandling allegations in the case “present novel and difficult questions.”
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      You're already totally aware of Trumps treason anyway.
                      A) It would be Trump's, not Trumps -- possessive vs. plural. We've been working on this, Jim.
                      2) I am not aware of treason on Trump's part, so that would be an outright lie.

Apparently you're just right there with him!
                      wrong.gif

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Well, he mainly has to worry about Cannon waiting until after jeopardy attaches, and then dismissing the case.

I don't think he has to worry about the trial being put off until after the election. That ship has sailed.
                        He also has to be concerned about more of the prosecution's underhanded dealings being exposed, such as recent revelations that the National Archives and FBI were coordinating with the White House with direct orders from Joe himself to target President Trump. That is by far the biggest danger Smith faces with Cannon slowing things down.

Comment

A) It would be Trump's, not Trumps -- possessive vs. plural. We've been working on this, Jim.

wrong.gif

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

wrong.gif

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Sure you are, you're fully aware of the treason, either that or you're a complete ignoramus. You're not a complete ignoramus are you? Or is it that you just don't consider that trying to overthrow an election, democracy, the will of the people, the elected government of the U.S. and the incitement of an insurrection along with aiding and comforting the convicted insurrectionists and ending for the first time in American history the "peaceful transfer of power," treason?

Nope, I'm right, and you know it.

Comment

CNN

Cannon noted in her Tuesday order that there are eight substantive pending motions she has yet to decide. She also reiterated that she believes the national security mishandling allegations in the case “present novel and difficult questions.”
                            If you look up the order, that's not what she wrote:

Source: Case 9:23-cr-80101-AMC Document 530 Entered on FLSD Docket 05/07/2024. pp. 4-5

Time under the Speedy Trial Act is therefore tolled—up to and including July 22, 2024—to permit adequate time for hearings and adjudication of substantive pretrial motions, discovery disputes, and CIPA issues, many of which present novel and difficult questions. 18 U.S.C. § 3161(h)(1)(D), (h)(7)(A)-(B) (directing judicial consideration of the needs of the proceeding, the complexity or unusual nature of the case, the need for adequate preparation for pretrial and trial proceedings, and the need to afford adequate time for effective preparation, accounting for the exercise of due diligence); [see also ECF Nos. 83, 154; ECF No. 215 p. 3].

© Copyright Original Source

Emphasis added. Cannon didn't write that she was delaying the trial over concern about the government's behavior, though that might be one of the "disputes" referenced, nor did she write that those allegations present novel and difficult questions: "many of" the outstanding issues that Cannon hasn't resolved, she writes, "present novel and difficult questions".

It's a quote-mined bit and a hasty (or cynically opportunistic) conclusion. Read the order and the claim doesn't stand up.

-Sam

Comment

If you look up the order, that's not what she wrote:

Source: Case 9:23-cr-80101-AMC Document 530 Entered on FLSD Docket 05/07/2024. pp. 4-5

Time under the Speedy Trial Act is therefore tolled—up to and including July 22, 2024—to permit adequate time for hearings and adjudication of substantive pretrial motions, discovery disputes, and CIPA issues, many of which present novel and difficult questions. 18 U.S.C. § 3161(h)(1)(D), (h)(7)(A)-(B) (directing judicial consideration of the needs of the proceeding, the complexity or unusual nature of the case, the need for adequate preparation for pretrial and trial proceedings, and the need to afford adequate time for effective preparation, accounting for the exercise of due diligence); [see also ECF Nos. 83, 154; ECF No. 215 p. 3].

© Copyright Original Source

Emphasis added. Cannon didn't write that she was delaying the trial over concern about the government's behavior, though that might be one of the "disputes" referenced, nor did she write that those allegations present novel and difficult questions: "many of" the outstanding issues that Cannon hasn't resolved, she writes, "present novel and difficult questions".

It's a quote-mined bit and a hasty (or cynically opportunistic) conclusion. Read the order and the claim doesn't stand up.

-Sam
                              So, CNN lied?

Sam, there is often "what is written formally", and things that are said about that in interviews.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                Nope, I'm right, and you know it.
                                wrong.gif

Comment