Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Off With Their Heads...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    As Sparko pointed out after going through the exchange, that wasn't what happened.

All you've done is everything you can think of to distract from your inability and / or unwillingness to support your claim that in Britain special needs means capable and gifted people

First you made an unsupportable claim about it meaning capable gifted people only for that to implode.

Then you tried claiming that "special needs" is a slur (even though you had used the term yourself) only for that to implode.

Then you switched gears and declared that it's "disabled" (even though you had used the term yourself) that's a slur only for that to implode as well.

You have lurched from one failed attempt after another trying deflect attention away from yet another of your bizarre declarations.
    Coming from our exchange on my thread, the textual evidence for the posts being made contradicts all the above

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

My error. I intended your flagrant self promotion as if you are a special individual.

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

We're all special. In different ways. Like you are special... special needs, apparently.
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Why did I use the phrase? Because you made the false claim that in Britain it also means capable, gifted children when there is not only a lack of evidence to support this claim of yours and a good deal that flies in its face. .

You have now successfully used another thread to draw attention to your pusillanimity and dishonesty.

Well done!
    "It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Again, I think she's a real life example of Romans 1:28.
      Then why don't you answer to post #321 and explain the reasoned logic that you used which brought you to the conclusion you came to that raping an infant is always wrong?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post

Then why don't you answer to post #321 and explain the reasoned logic that brought you to the conclusion that raping an infant is always wrong?
        Still waiting on H_A to back up her assertion that every single one of those guys she referenced raping infants thought it wasn't wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Still waiting on H_A to back up her assertion that every single one of those guys she referenced raping infants thought it wasn't wrong.
          That's no excuse. You , CP, Sparko can all answer post #321 while you're waiting for whatever.

Comment

That's no excuse. You , CP, Sparko can all answer post #321 while you're waiting for whatever.
            Why do you believe that deliberately exposing helpless infants to a fatal disease in order to save your own skin is bad?

Meanwhile, I'll wait on her to back up her claim that all men she referenced did not think raping infants was wrong.

Comment

Why do you believe that deliberately exposing helpless infants to a fatal disease in order to save your own skin is bad?
              I assume you did not intend that?

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
              Meanwhile, I'll wait on her to back up her claim that all men she referenced did not think raping infants was wrong.
              Let us go back to what I actually wrote not what you have imagined I wrote:

In response to CP's question on raping infants I replied;

I would agree with you because I also consider such an act abhorrent but evidently some individuals, through ignorance and fear, did not.
              On his remark that the act is abhorrent regardless I replied

I would agree but evidently others did not.

We then had this exchange

I gave you a horrific example from recent South Africa.
              Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Yeah, some perverts who had some really screwy thinking -- perhaps you can start a thread on that.

I do not think those men were perverts they were simply uneducated and believed in various superstitions concerning sex with a virgin as a cure for AIDs

And then you posted this.

A very rare occurrence. I'm going to have a level of agreement with h-a here.

Pervert is the wrong word here. What was done was wrong on every level. However, accepting as true her description of the circumstance, I wouldn't call it perverted.

Why?

Perversion suggests a level of sexual desire.

This seems to be a wrong headed, cowardly, act of self preservation. This is the type of person who would drink the rationed water and let the kids die of starvation, or sell thier kids into slavery to save thier own life.

It is, in essence sacrificing the infant because you think it'll save your own life.

Make no mistake, there is no excuse or absolution for the act. I just think perversion is the wrong description.

I also wrote

I provided a link from twenty years ago that reflected ignorance among some men. They evidently did not see their actions as wrong, although we do.
              You then started your parroting.

They took desperate measures to try and save their own lives, but how do you KNOW that none of them thought what they were doing was wrong? Did you ask every one of them?

Your rather inane question is an unknown. Hence it is rather futile to keep asking it. That they performed these horrendous acts would indicate they did not see anything wrong with what they doing. Furthermore, some people are able to explain and/or justify their actions, however obscene or depraved.

"It ain't necessarily so
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

I provided a link from twenty years ago that reflected ignorance among some men. They evidently did not see their actions as wrong, although we do.
                So, once again where's your evidence that every single man referenced in that article thought thier actions were not wrong.

Comment

So, once again where's your evidence that every single man referenced in that article thought thier actions were not wrong.
                  Could you just clarify that this was not what you intended?

And as you seem to have missed it.

Your rather inane question is an unknown. Hence it is rather futile to keep asking it. That they performed these horrendous acts would indicate they did not see anything wrong with what they doing. Furthermore, some people are able to explain and/or justify their actions, however obscene or depraved.

"It ain't necessarily so
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Could you just clarify that this was not what you intended?

And as you seem to have missed it.

I was responding to Jim who asked cp to explain the logic behind raping babies is always wrong. I worded my reply intentionally.

As for your second point, you seem to be saying that people never do anything that they think is wrong.

Comment

Then why don't you answer to post #321 and explain the reasoned logic that you used which brought you to the conclusion you came to that raping an infant is always wrong?
                      Wow, what word salad!

Jim, it doesn't surprise me in the least that a doper like you would need somebody to explain why raping infants is wrong.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Wow, what word salad!

Jim, it doesn't surprise me in the least that a doper like you would need somebody to explain why raping infants is wrong.
                        Really CP. Then why don't you just answer post #321 so that I can see lolexactly what it is that you know and how it is that you came to know it?
                        Last edited by JimL; 05-18-2024, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Really CP. Then why don't you just answer post #321 so that I can see lolexactly what it is that you know and how it is that you came to know it?
                          What on earth are you babbling about, Jim? Post #321 is from Rogue.

321.png

And, what the Sam Thunder is "lolexactly"?

Try really hard to type something coherent, Jim.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

What on earth are you babbling about, Jim? Post #321 is from Rogue.

321.png

And, what the Sam Thunder is "lolexactly"?

Try really hard to type something coherent, Jim.
                            Hmm, I think you may have had one too
                            ​​​​many there my belligerent friend. Post #321 is me replying to Sparko. Maybe you'd better wait until your head clears and give it another try.
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

I was responding to Jim who asked cp to explain the logic behind raping babies is always wrong. I worded my reply intentionally.

As for your second point, you seem to be saying that people never do anything that they think is wrong.
                              Neither of us can know the thoughts of those South African men who committed those terrible acts. Clearly they were driven by the fear of their condition but were also ignorant, as the nonsense about sex with a virgin being a cure, demonstrated. However, that same nonsense was believed by a senior police officer.

The fact is that some people can justify their actions to themselves. The human traffickers who entice young girls from eastern European villages with the promise of jobs in shops, hair salons, or restaurants in other countries know exactly what they are doing, where those girls will end up, and how they will be treated.
                              "It ain't necessarily so
                              To read in the Bible
                              It ain't necessarily so
                              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Neither of us can know the thoughts of those South African men who committed those terrible acts. Clearly they were driven by the fear of their condition but were also ignorant, as the nonsense about sex with a virgin being a cure, demonstrated. However, that same nonsense was believed by a senior police officer.

The fact is that some people can justify their actions to themselves. The human traffickers who entice young girls from eastern European villages with the promise of jobs in shops, hair salons, or restaurants in other countries know exactly what they are doing, where those girls will end up, and how they will be treated.
                                However, it was your claim that every single one of those people didn't think it was wrong. Are you backing away from that assertion?

Comment