Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Off With Their Heads...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I hereby condemn anything the Charlottesville marchers said that was... what, racist? anti-Semitic? hateful?
    And I'm serious!!!

There.
    Took you long enough!
    "It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Took you long enough!
      Still waiting: Now let's see HA condemn the anti semitic rants by these protestors in the same fashion...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Now let's see HA condemn the anti semitic rants by these protestors in the same fashion...
        I understood from the OP that this thread was about some students calling for certain individuals among the staff at George Washington University staff to be guillotined.

I am not sure how you equate that with anti-Semitism.
        "It ain't necessarily so
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

I understood from the OP that this thread was about some students calling for certain individuals among the staff at George Washington University staff to be guillotined.

I am not sure how you equate that with anti-Semitism.
          Because you introduced the Charlottesville thing. So why won't you condemn the anti Semitism we are hearing in these protests?
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
            Don't worry. Roy will be along any moment to debunk the actual video of the tribunal at the protest making these calls by pointing to a press release from GWU Protesters that says they promote peaceful resolution, and do not tolerate direct or indirect threats of violence.
            You should change your name to UncivilWhining.

Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
            MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

I typed Jews will not replace us into Advanced Search and got 34 pages but found nothing pertaining to that precise phrase.
              and yet you still distract for the calls for violence

Comment

Took you long enough!
                What are you talking about - the VERY moment I saw what you posted, I responded.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

What are you talking about - the VERY moment I saw what you posted, I responded.
                  Oh, she's still trying to claim (without evidence) that nobody condemned the racists at charlottesville...(Or perhaps she's trying to claim nobody condemned the specific statements, but she wouldn't be THAT pedantic would she?)

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Because you introduced the Charlottesville thing.
                    As an example of selective forum silence. I found no threads or comments censuring or condemning either that particular chant or that event. Perhaps there has been some loss of data since 2017 but nothing came up on the Advanced Search function.
                    "It ain't necessarily so
                    To read in the Bible
                    It ain't necessarily so
                    ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

and yet you still distract for the calls for violence
                      I find it interesting that so many comments have been posted criticising any protests that are anti-Israeli over the Gazan war, yet there was, apparently, silence on this site over the 2017 Charlottesville marchers and what they chanted.

"It ain't necessarily so
                      To read in the Bible
                      It ain't necessarily so
                      ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

I find it interesting that so many comments have been posted criticising any protests that are anti-Israeli over the Gazan war, yet there was, apparently, silence on this site over the 2017 Charlottesville marchers and what they chanted.
                        That wasn't as high profile, and the liberal media jumped on the whole thing like a duck on a June bug. As soon as I was aware of it (whatever "it" is) I condemned it.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Are you complaining there was no denunciation of the people at the rally, OR are you trying to specifically look for denunciations of the particular phrase you searched for? You might have trouble finding denunciations of that particular phrase, because, if you hadn't heard, something else happened that kind of sucked up the oxygen of discussion...

Comment

Are you complaining there was no denunciation of the people at the rally, OR are you trying to specifically look for denunciations of the particular phrase you searched for? You might have trouble finding denunciations of that particular phrase, because, if you hadn't heard, something else happened that kind of sucked up the oxygen of discussion...
                            Part of the problem with the Charlottesville situation was (to paraphrase Saint Sam) there were lying liars who knew they were lying...

He admits the "fine people on both sides" narrative was a hoax.

Anti-Trump actor and activist Michael Rapaport has now acknowledged he peddled fake news about the Charlottesville narrative surrounding former President Donald Trump when he said there were "fine people on both sides."

"I was wrong,” Rapaport commented on the Patrick Bet David (PBD) podcast about the Charlottesville narrative.

Rapaport has recently even said that voting for Trump is now "on the table" because of Biden's actions with the Israel-Hamas war, as well as when a group of illegal immigrants beat up cops in New York City.

“I’m not voting for Biden, I’m not voting for Kamala,” Rapaport said to the other hosts on PBD. He said he would also not vote for California Gov. Gavin Newsom if he were to run.

Rapaport said that he used to "rant" about Charlottesville all the time when the media portrayed Trump as calling neo-Nazis "very fine people" in April 2017.

In context, the former president had been talking about those that were not neo-Nazis as "very fine people" and had previously stated, "We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry, and violence" earlier in the same well-known interview.

The crazy German Cat Lady is just trying, once again, to divert attention from the topic at hand.

Comment

Oh, she's still trying to claim (without evidence) that nobody condemned the racists at charlottesville...(Or perhaps she's trying to claim nobody condemned the specific statements, but she wouldn't be THAT pedantic would she?)
                              Did the topic of "Jews will not replace us" even come up at the time? She is arguing from silence again.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Did the topic of "Jews will not replace us" even come up at the time? She is arguing from silence again.
                                Oh it was in the coverage....but again, the actual discussions got overshadowed by the violence of the day, and the fact that it ratcheted up to someone being killed in the resulting violence.

Comment