Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Columbia University - Remote Learning As Campus ‘Rancor’ Puts Jewish Students On Edge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Somewhat tongue-in-cheek....
    Watching LAPD remove sheets of plywood the "students" had erected as a wall to keep the cops out.
    Where do they get money for plywood? I can't afford plywood!!!!
    Heck, after it was over I would swing by and pick up was left behind...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

Granted the cuffs weren't plastic. That makes it worse, because plastic cuffs can't be loosened. Or maybe these can't be loosened either. I don't know. I do know that being picked up from the elbow, the weight is born by the wrists, neatly explaining the greater distress everybody listening to this video is hearing.

Maybe you know the difference between an armpit and elbow, all evidence to the contary.

It's one wrong read after another with you, and all of them make you look like a nazi. None of this in any way provides an excuse for taking delight in somebody yelping in pain.

Dude, we've already got one seer.

This isn't a competition.
      Even if he was picked up by the elbow the weight would still be born from his body through his upper arm, not his wrists. The only nazi's here are the ones defending those who are supporting Hamas and who want to destroy Israel and Jews. Jesse.

This guy was whining and screaming before the Trooper even carried him. Just walking him along.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
        These protests are not related to a war going on half-way across the world.
        This is why no one takes you seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

This is why no one takes you seriously.
          Dropped comma:
          These protests are not, related to a war going on half-way across the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
            It appears that the student protesters at UCLA were violently attacked during the night by a pro-Israel group who were wearing masks and appeared older than student age. The masked attackers seem to have wielded baseball bats, and launched exploding fireworks into the tent area.

BBC: 'Horrific' violence at UCLA after counter-protesters attack pro-Palestinian camp
            CNBC: Israel backers attack pro-Palestinian camp at UCLA
            Al Jazeera: Israel supporters attack anti-war protesters at UCLA university in US
            So you're saying the counter protests to calls for a global Intifada have been mostly peaceful, cool.
            P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post

Heck, after it was over I would swing by and pick up was left behind...
              I think some contractor should say, "hey, I'll do the cleanup for free if I can keep those tents, Igloo and Yeti coolers, plywood, folding tables, nail guns...."
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post

Simple: I read the sentences before the passage you quoted, where Krugman explained he was talking about speculating on foreign currencies, and the sentences after the passage you quoted, where Krugman discussed how to beat the "Soroi" by simply not caring about the exchange rate. If Krugman were talking about anything beyond market speculation in the passage you quoted, what he writes immediately after it wouldn't make sense.

We're back to a "can't even read" situation.

-Sam

The speculating on foreign currencies is the method used to crash them. That he offers a solution on how to stop Soros and those who emulate him hardly changes this.

You really don't understand how any of this works do you?

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                We're back to a "can't even read" situation.
                An instance of the royal "we"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Humboldt Hamas militants hijack campus, damage estimated 'in the millions'

Anti-Israel students at California State Polytechnic University, Humboldt have taken over a campus building in addition to occupying a portion of campus, forcing administrators to close campus for the rest of the semester.

University officials say damage is likely in the millions.

free gaza.jpg
                  Anti-Israel students at California State Polytechnic University, Humboldt have taken over a campus building in addition to occupying a portion of campus, forcing administrators to close campus for the rest of the semester.

Posts on social media show that the protesters have vandalized a building on campus with anti-Israel messaging. The university estimates damage to property is in the millions.

The building protesters took over was dubbed as “Intifada Hall” and allegedly vandalizes the university president’s office.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

What amazes me is how many liberals think parents actually send their offspring to these expensive colleges - not so they can learn and become productive members of society - but so they can hunker down in comfort and demand food and drink be brought to them.

When these kids graduate - IF they graduate - do they really think they're going to be able to pitch hissies in the workplace to get what they want?
                    If they get hired in the first place

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

The speculating on foreign currencies is the method used to crash them. That he offers a solution on how to stop Soros and those who emulate him hardly changes this.

You really don't understand how any of this works do you?

An instance of the royal "we"
                      Krugman calls the speculators "Soroi" in reference to Soros' shorting of the British pound on Black Wednesday. He's very specifically talking about market speculation and you tried to turn the quote into evidence for the antisemitic trope that Soros is pulling the strings of whatever social or political movement that needs a boogeyman.

To do this, you have to completely ignore the context of the passage you're quoting from Krugman's book — as you have done, even after demanding the citation for the quote you introduced. And then you just kept on digging and tripping.

J. Quincy Magoo, as I said.

-Sam
                      "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post

Krugman calls the speculators "Soroi" in reference to Soros' shorting of the British pound on Black Wednesday. He's very specifically talking about market speculation and you tried to turn the quote into evidence for the antisemitic trope that Soros is pulling the strings of whatever social or political movement that needs a boogeyman.

To do this, you have to completely ignore the context of the passage you're quoting from Krugman's book — as you have done, even after demanding the citation for the quote you introduced. And then you just kept on digging and tripping.

J. Quincy Magoo, as I said.

-Sam
                        It's funny. Democrats make the same accusations about the Koch Brothers....but they pretend that the republicans doing the same thing is inherently different.

Comment

A noble action with a clear attainable goal with realistic expectation of success.

OR simply... well, you say it below....

This morning it's looking far more like the Occupy movements than "Free Palestine".
                          All that's missing is for a protestor to get raped and the organizers tell her to keep quiet about it and for someone to poop on a car.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It's funny. Democrats make the same accusations about the Koch Brothers....but they pretend that the republicans doing the same thing is inherently different.
                            C'monman! Those are the wrong sort of Jews. They're conservative. It's okay to go after what they do. No lie.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              C'monman! Those are the wrong sort of Jews. They're conservative. It's okay to go after what they do. No lie.
                              Nah. It's close to how everyday attacks that were used against George W. were treated as somehow inherently racist because they got used against Obama. Remember how they treated "hung in effigy" as something never before done, and obviously was alluding to lynching a black man.....even though they did such things numerous times to Bush.

Same thing.

Comment

Nah. It's close to how everyday attacks that were used against George W. were treated as somehow inherently racist because they got used against Obama. Remember how they treated "hung in effigy" as something never before done, and obviously was alluding to lynching a black man.....even though they did such things numerous times to Bush.

Same thing.
                                Contrarianism without principle is just shilling.

No one here is invoking the Koch brothers and I haven't seen anyone do so in ages. Rogue's trying to tie Soros, a prominent target of antisemitic attacks, to politically-destabilizing protests, not only despite a lack of evidence but directly in spite of lacking evidence. And we've seen Soros' name invoked here repeatedly over even the last month — Cow Poke imagined that Soros-money was flooding in to his school board elections.

Tu quoques get tiresome when the people pushing them aren't principled enough to recognize the fingers pointing back and are too lazy to cover their rhetorical tracks. They're outright ineffective when you have to attribute them to some nebulous force out there to cover for someone right here.

-Sam
                                "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment