Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

London Police; You Look Jewish...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Are you a linguist? The English language is a complex topic. Perhaps you should refrain from commenting on English words and their use.
    You need a dictionary.
    "It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

You need a dictionary.
      Pontificate:
      express one's opinions in a way considered annoyingly pompous and dogmatic.

That's you to a tee.

Comment

Pontificate:
        express one's opinions in a way considered annoyingly pompous and dogmatic.

That's you to a tee.
        You really are in need of a course in remedial English.

I do not make dogmatic statements and regularly chide others for doing so.

Nor am I pompous. That I use a form of English you find strange or that I employ words with which you are not familiar is not a sign I am pompous, although it may indicate something about your educational background.

"It ain't necessarily so
        The things that you're liable
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life
        Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

You really are in need of a course in remedial English.

I do not make dogmatic statements and regularly chide others for doing so.

Nor am I pompous. That I use a form of English you find strange or that I employ words with which you are not familiar is not a sign I am pompous, although it may indicate something about your educational background.
          Go on! Pull the other leg!

ray-liotta-laughing.gif

Comment

These protests are not just criticism of the Israeli government Roy.
            That some protests go beyond criticism of the Israeli government and into anti-Semitism does not make criticism of the Israeli government inherently anti-Semitic.

Your comparison of criticisms of a government to prejudice against a race was unjustified.

That is not what is happening on campuses. They are anti-Israel existing. Anti-Zionism. Anti-zionism is against Israel existing as a country at all. It is believing that Jews should not have their own homeland. No Jewish state at all. It is not saying "Israel's policy on X is wrong and they should change it" it is "Israel should not exist, we need to destroy the country and drive out all Jews"
            Then they are not just criticising the Israeli government. You should not have associated criticism of the Israeli government with what happens on campuses.

However:
            And that is what these protests are about: Destroying Israel, and establishing "Palestine" in it's place.
            Many, possibly most, are not.
            Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
            MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post

However:

Many, possibly most, are not.
              Chants of "from the river to the sea" would mean they are.
              P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

And haven't they been calling for Death to America and Death to Israel?

At Michigan Quds Day rally, protesters chant ‘Death to Israel’ and ‘Death to America’

https://www.timesofisrael.com/protes...uds-day-rally/

At Brooklyn pro-Palestine rally, calls to eliminate both Israel and US

Hundreds take part in anti-annexation protest in which activists call to abolish police, Israel and American government, and cry ‘From Gaza to Minnesota, globalize the Intifada!’

https://www.timesofisrael.com/at-bro...israel-and-us/

'Death to Israeli real estate,' 'Death to America' signs found on NYU property, NYPD says

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/de...ys/ar-AA1o69nx
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

That some protests go beyond criticism of the Israeli government and into anti-Semitism does not make criticism of the Israeli government inherently anti-Semitic.
                  As I said, people keep saying there's a difference....BUT, those who are Anti-Israel seem to have very little problem tolerating the anti-semitic groups and messaging, welcoming them in with open arms.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

In this case they were chanting "Israel out".

Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post

And haven't they been calling for Death to America and Death to Israel?
                      Not in this case.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
                        As I said, people keep saying there's a difference....BUT, those who are Anti-Israel seem to have very little problem tolerating the anti-semitic groups and messaging, welcoming them in with open arms.
                        Because there is a difference - which, by describing those who are anti-Israel as not being just the anti-Semitic groups, you just confirmed.

Comment

Not in this case.

In this case they were chanting "Israel out".
                          Israel out of what? Gaza? Palestine? We know that 'free Palestine' is a mantra of London protests. In any case what does any of this have to do with a free British citizen being able to cross the street?
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Because there is a difference - which, by describing those who are anti-Israel as not being just the anti-Semitic groups, you just confirmed.
                            A difference with little practical value, given who they keep company with, who they support, who they tolerate, who they welcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post

Israel out of what?
                              Ask them.

If what they were actually chanting doesn't have anything to do with the thread topic you shouldn't have been talking about it. Pretending their chant is irrelevant after you have referred to chants multiple times is a transparently desperate attempt to avoid admitting you can't back up your claims.

Comment

Ask them.

If what they were actually chanting doesn't have anything to do with the thread topic you shouldn't have been talking about it. Pretending their chant is irrelevant after you have referred to chants multiple times is a transparently desperate attempt to avoid admitting you can't back up your claims.
                                Back up what claim? My claim has been that a free British citizen should be able to cross the street. With police support if necessary. Obviously your police force is kowtowing to radical Islamic supporters.

https://twitter.com/DSchwammenthal/s...66411680006467

Comment