Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Sean "Diddy" Combs homes in LA & Miami raided by feds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    [*Assumes a buffalo stance*]
    GettyImages-1294935359.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I have MIcrosoft Co-Pilot do such drudgery for me.

Yo, yo, check it out, here's a tale that's true,
      'Bout a man named Rogue06 and his squirrel crew.
      With bacon in hand, he's the leader of the pack,
      Ninja squirrels on the move, ready to attack.

(Beat kicks in)

Verse 1:
      In the heart of the woods, where the shadows play,
      Rogue06 stands tall, night and day.
      Bacon grease shines, it's the signal they heed,
      Squirrel ninjas assemble, moving with speed.

Chorus:
      Rogue06, oh, he's got that plan,
      Leading his army, like no other man.
      With a flip and a kick, and a bacon strip,
      His ninja squirrels are equipped for the trip.

Verse 2:
      Some say he's crazy, some say he's insane,
      But in his world, he's got the ultimate reign.
      Squirrels in formation, they're ready to roll,
      With Rogue06, they're on patrol.

Chorus:
      Rogue06, with his bacon delight,
      His ninja squirrels leap from incredible height.
      They're swift, they're silent, they're ready to fight,
      Under the moon's soft and silver light.

Bridge:
      So here's to the man with the wildest dreams,
      Where nothing is ever quite as it seems.
      With his squirrel army and bacon in hand,
      He's the undisputed ruler of the land.

Outro:
      So let's give it up for Rogue06 and friends,
      Their adventures and antics, they never end.
      In a world of fantasy, fun, and sun,
      The bacon sizzles, and the squirrels run.
      Was this approved by our AI gatekeeper? If not you need to go to time out.

Comment

T.D. Jakes, pastor of The Potter’s House in southern Dallas, has been named in a recent lawsuit against music producer Sean “Diddy” Combs.

Combs’ Los Angeles and Miami homes were raided by federal agents Monday as part of a sex trafficking investigation, reports say. Over the past year, Combs has been the subject of several lawsuits that have accused him of sexual assault and sex trafficking.

In February 2024, producer Rodney “Lil Rod” Jones filed a federal suit in the southern district of New York that accused Combs and several of his associates of participating in a “sex-trafficking venture.”

The suit states that Jones has “irrefutable evidence” of “Mr. Combs detailing how he planned to leverage his relationship with Bishop T.D. Jakes to soften the impact on his public image of Cassie Ventura’s lawsuit.”

Ventura, Combs’ former girlfriend, filed a suit in November 2023 that said Combs had put her through a “cycle of abuse, violence, and sex trafficking.” Three more women later filed sexual assault suits against Combs last year.

When reached by The Dallas Morning News on Tuesday, a representative for T.D. Jakes initially declined to comment on the lawsuit in which Jakes is named.

Jakes is one of many celebrities named in Jones’ lawsuit, including Prince Harry, actor Cuba Gooding Jr. and rapper Yung Miami.

In December 2023, Jakes was accused of participating in sex parties hosted by Combs in unverified reports on social media. Jakes appeared to respond to the reports in a Christmas Eve service at The Potter’s House.

“The worst that could happen, if everything was true, all I got to do is repent sincerely, from my heart. There’s enough power in the blood to cover all kinds of sin. I don’t care what it is, the blood would fix it,” Jakes said. “But I ain’t got to repent about this.”

When reached for comment about those reports, Jordan Hora, director of communications for The Potter’s House and T.D. Jakes Ministries, told The Christian Post that “recent claims circulating on pockets of social media about Bishop T.D. Jakes are unequivocally false and baseless.”

In November 2022, Jakes attended Combs’ 53rd birthday party, a representative for Jakes confirmed to The Christian Post, and video of him at the party was criticized on social media.

Derrick Williams, executive vice president of entertainment at T.D. Jakes Enterprises, told The Christian Post in December 2023 that he attended Combs’ birthday party with Jakes. “We both greeted the family, Bishop Jakes recorded a brief celebratory birthday video and left immediately to take our other scheduled meetings. Any accusation to the contrary is wholly unsubstantiated, unverified, and false.”

In 2021, Jakes partnered with Revolt Media, a cable TV network co-founded by Combs, for an ongoing sermon series called “Kingdom Culture with T.D. Jakes.” Combs stepped down as chair of Revolt Media in November 2023 and reportedly sold his stake in the company this week.

Jakes founded The Potter’s House in 1996 and it had 30,000 members as of 2021. He also leads global humanitarian efforts through the church.

I would think that someone with Jakes popularity and position would have enough basic common sense not to be directly involved with sex trafficking.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Was this approved by our AI gatekeeper? If not you need to go to time out.
          We have an AI gatekeeper? Cool.

Comment

The baseball player is doing it to nonverbally show his disagreement with the umpire's call.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

"puff daddy" sounds familiar.

But I can't stand hip hop/rap so I still don't know who he is other than a rapper who used to be named puff daddy.
              From what I've read, the guy expanded his wealth through several business ventures, while continuing his rapping fame (for people who care about that stuff).

Like you, I take pride in not knowing the "who's who" names in the world of garbage that is passed off as music.*

* But I am specifically talking about rap. I do not hold hip hop to be in a similar total lack of artistic merit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

From what I've read, the guy expanded his wealth through several business ventures, while continuing his rapping fame (for people who care about that stuff).

Like you, I take pride in not knowing the "who's who" names in the world of garbage that is passed off as music.*

* But I am specifically talking about rap. I do not hold hip hop to be in a similar total lack of artistic merit.
                Other than some country, I haven't really listened to music much in the last 20 years. The Pop scene is all manufactured stars singing manufactured songs (probably written by AI by now). Rap and Hip Hop is more original but I just can't stand it.
                Other than some really famous celebs like Lady Gaga, I have no idea who any of the current pop stars are.

I mostly listen to audio books nowadays.

I guess I am officially "old" and don't "get the music you young folks listen to"

Comment

We have an AI gatekeeper? Cool.
                  Wasn't whag getting bent out of shape over people using chatbots the "wrong" way?
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Wasn't whag getting bent out of shape over people using chatbots the "wrong" way?
                    Oh I thought CD meant we had a gatekeeper who WAS an AI.

disappointed.

Comment

Other than some country, I haven't really listened to music much in the last 20 years. The Pop scene is all manufactured stars singing manufactured songs (probably written by AI by now). Rap and Hip Hop is more original but I just can't stand it.
                      Other than some really famous celebs like Lady Gaga, I have no idea who any of the current pop stars are.

I mostly listen to audio books nowadays.

I guess I am officially "old" and don't "get the music you young folks listen to"
                      My kids and grandkids tell me about their music and famous musicians. I've sometimes been impressed with hip hop and found it to be atmospheric, but nothing I would go out of my way to listen to. Rap I avoid like the plague.

The only thing that I liked in the past 10 years (that they played for me) is "Ex's and Oh's" by Elle King. I'm a sucker for a boogie beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

My kids and grandkids tell me about their music and famous musicians. I've sometimes been impressed with hip hop and found it to be atmospheric, but nothing I would go out of my way to listen to. Rap I avoid like the plague.

The only thing that I liked in the past 10 years (that they played for me) is "Ex's and Oh's" by Elle King. I'm a sucker for a boogie beat.

And here I thought this was more your speed

Comment

I'm a little surprised a few of you have never heard of him. He's been massive in the world of music for almost 30 years. He's not just some random TikTok rapper. (He's also widely thought by many people to have been involved in Tupac Shakur's 1994 murder.)

There are people pushing 50 who listened to him when they were young.
                          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Anyone else following the reports of the raids on Sean “Diddy” Combs homes in Los Angeles and Miami by Homeland Security investigating charges of sex trafficking? And these weren't your typical raids. They came loaded for bear launching the raids from both land and sea by scores of heavily armed officers. It looked like what you'd see in a war zone.

Source: Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs’ L.A., Miami homes raided in sex-trafficking inquiry, sources say

accused him of rape and repeated physical assaults, and said he forced her to have sex with male prostitutes in front of him. Joi Dickerson-Neal accused Combs in a suit of drugging and raping her in 1991, recording the attack and then distributing the footage without her consent.

Liza Gardner filed a third suit in which she claimed Combs and Guy singer Aaron Hall sexually assaulted her. Hall could not be reached for comment.

Another lawsuit alleges Combs and former Bad Boy label president Harve Pierre gang-raped and sex-trafficked a 17-year-old girl. Pierre said in a statement the allegations were “disgusting,” “false” and a “desperate attempt for financial gain.”

After the filing of the fourth suit, Combs wrote on Instagram, “Enough is enough. For the last couple of weeks, I have sat silently and watched people try to assassinate my character, destroy my reputation and my legacy. Sickening allegations have been made against me by individuals looking for a quick payday. Let me be absolutely clear: I did not do any of the awful things being alleged. I will fight for my name, my family and for the truth.”

A source familiar with HSI’s criminal inquiry said investigators have interviewed some of the people tied to the sex-trafficking allegations in the lawsuits against Combs.

Combs’ legal problems extend beyond the rape allegations. Last month, producer Rodney “Lil Rod” Jones filed a federal lawsuit against Combs accusing the embattled media mogul of sexually harassing and threatening him for more than a year.

Jones, whose lawsuit also named Diddy’s son Justin Dior Combs, alleged that he was “the victim of constant unsolicited and unauthorized groping and [sexual] touching” by the elder Combs and was “uncomfortable with Mr. Combs’ advances.” When he expressed his complaints to Diddy’s chief of staff, the lawsuit claims, he was told, “You know, Sean will be Sean.”

He also alleged that Combs tried to groom him into engaging in sex with a fellow producer. Jones further alleged that Combs provided him with footage of people involved in sexual activity at Combs’ home, which Jones believed was procured through hidden cameras throughout the properties.

“Mr. Combs possesses compromising footage of every person that has attended his freak-off parties, and his house parties,” the lawsuit alleged. “Upon information and belief, due to this treasure trove of evidence he has in his possession, Mr. Combs believes that he is above the law and is untouchable.” Holley, in the wake of the lawsuit, called the allegations untruthful.

On Monday, Douglas Wigdor, a lawyer for Cassie Ventura and another, unnamed plaintiff, said in response to reports of a search warrant issued on Combs: “We will always support law enforcement when it seeks to prosecute those that have violated the law. Hopefully, this is the beginning of a process that will hold Mr. Combs responsible for his depraved conduct.”

Combs has a long history of run-ins with the law. in 1999, Combs was charged with assaulting an Interscope Records executive and pleaded guilty to harassment.

Later that same year, after a shooting in a Manhattan nightclub where Combs was partying with then-girlfriend Jennifer Lopez and Bad Boy artist Shyne, Combs was charged with gun possession and bribery charges. He was acquitted, but Shyne was sentenced to 10 years in prison for first-degree assault in the shooting.

In 2003, a former Bad Boy Entertainment president sued Combs, alleging that in 1996 his former partner threatened him — with a baseball bat in hand — into signing over his shares of the company. An appeals court dismissed the suit in 2006, ruling that the statute of limitations had expired.

In her lawsuit, Ventura alleges that Combs told her in 2012 he was going to blow up the car of rap artist Kid Cudi, suspecting that Ventura and Cudi were dating. The suit alleges, “Around that time, Kid Cudi’s car exploded in his driveway.” (Cudi told the New York Times through his publicist, “This is all true.”)

In 2015, Combs was arrested after allegedly attacking his son Justin’s UCLA football strength and conditioning coach with a kettlebell weight. He was never convicted of a crime in connection with that incident.

In a 2019 interview, Gina Huynh, Combs’ former girlfriend of five years, said that during one incident in Miami, he “stomped on my stomach really hard — like, took the wind out of my breath.... I couldn’t breathe. He kept hitting me. I was pleading to him, ‘Can you just stop? I can’t breathe.’”

Source

© Copyright Original Source

This is starting to look like it'll be bigger than the Bill Cosby case.

Looks like his friends and associates are trying to distance themselves.

Sean “Diddy” Combs has always run in A-list circles, but it seems that his high-profile friends are a bit nervous about the sex-trafficking allegations. No one is jumping to the music mogul’s defense right now, they all seem to be hanging back and waiting to see what happens next after last week’s federal raid.

“No one is saying anything because they have gone to his parties,” noted an Us Weekly source. His parties, according to a second insider, are “insane” with “big stars” and lots of “wilding out, taking drugs and participating in orgies.” They also alleged that many of these activities were “likely on camera” which is also noted in producer Rodney “Lil Rod” Jones’ sexual assault and harassment civil lawsuit. And the first insider described Combs as “a very spiteful guy” which is probably why his famous BFFs are making sure to stay out of the fray.

Mila Kunis has reportedly asked husband Ashton Kutcher to not get involved in any of Combs’ legal matters even though they’ve been friends for over two decades. “Regardless of Ashton’s long history with him, he has distanced himself from Diddy since Cassie’s [Ventura] lawsuit, and even more so in the wake of the new ones. Mila will not let Ashton be in any sort of contact,” a Daily Mail insider revealed. “He is expecting a subpoena as they have been good friends for 20 years.” That probably isn’t good news for either Kunis or Kutcher who have been mired in controversy after sending letters of support in Danny Masterson’s rape case last year.

Combs’ attorney Aaron Dyer has denied all of the claims against his client and pushed back on the federal investigation. “This unprecedented ambush – paired with an advanced, coordinated media presence – leads to a premature rush to judgment of Mr. Combs and is nothing more than a witch hunt based on meritless accusations made in civil lawsuits,” Dyer said in a statement last week. “There has been no finding of criminal or civil liability with any of these allegations. Mr. Combs is innocent and will continue to fight every single day to clear his name.”

Many fans keep pointing back to Usher’s 2016 interview with Howard Stern which seems to confirm Combs lived hard and partied hard. “I got a chance to see some things. I went there to see the lifestyle — and I saw it,” he told Stern of the time he lived with the entrepreneur as a teen. “I don’t know if I could indulge and understand what I was even looking at. It was pretty wild.” When asked if he would ever send his own kids to “Puffy camp,” Usher had a firm response, “Hell no.”

Possibly having video tapes of them and his vengeful nature would explain why nobody wants to turn on him but doesn't explain why they aren't stepping forward to defend him

Comment

Comment