Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Morgan Freeman on Black History Month

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Morgan Freeman on Black History Month

    This old video is resurfacing on Al Gore's Information SuperHighway....



    Watching Mike Wallace's response is amusing - he really appears "taken aback".
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

  • #2
    And Don Lemon....

    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

    Comment


    • #3
      Wow. That didn't go well for Mike Wallace at all. Freeman really throws that back in his face. Loved it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Those in power won't allow that because it would unite people rather than divide them.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          This old video is resurfacing on Al Gore's Information SuperHighway....



          Watching Mike Wallace's response is amusing - he really appears "taken aback".
          That is such a classic clip. I don't think I've ever before or ever since seen an interviewee take so complete control of an interview and leave the interviewer so visibly flustered.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God


          From "Fools Gold" by Petra

          Comment


          • #6
            I really do wonder, however, if this is Freeman's view today -- I kinda think he wouldn't change just to "adapt".
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Ronson View Post
              Wow. That didn't go well for Mike Wallace at all. Freeman really throws that back in his face. Loved it.
              I think Wallace thought he was pitching a softball to Freeman, and Freeman took a mighty swing and hit the ball right back at Wallace where it hurts.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

                That is such a classic clip. I don't think I've ever before or ever since seen an interviewee take so complete control of an interview and leave the interviewer so visibly flustered.
                I think it revealed a lot about Wallace and Leftward thinking. They assume all blacks are the same (Biden certainly thinks that way) and they will all agree. Freeman was insulted, understandably.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  I really do wonder, however, if this is Freeman's view today -- I kinda think he wouldn't change just to "adapt".
                  He's changed. Here's an interview of him in 2012. He blames the GOP of being "racist" for wanting to keep Obama from being reelected - even though he acknowledged the same thing happened with Clinton. So, he adapted.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

                    That is such a classic clip. I don't think I've ever before or ever since seen an interviewee take so complete control of an interview and leave the interviewer so visibly flustered.
                    Watch the interview of the Canadian politician Pierre Poilievre nonchalantly crunching on an apple while a reporter interviews him.




                    I would so love to vote for him.

                    I'm always still in trouble again

                    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Watch the interview of the Canadian politician Pierre Poilievre nonchalantly crunching on an apple while a reporter interviews him.

                      I would so love to vote for him.
                      He's very alert and loaded with common sense. A combination puts reporters on their heels.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Ronson View Post

                        He's very alert and loaded with common sense. A combination puts reporters on their heels.
                        He won't let them box him in with their narrative.

                        I'm always still in trouble again

                        "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          This old video is resurfacing on Al Gore's Information SuperHighway....



                          Watching Mike Wallace's response is amusing - he really appears "taken aback".
                          Do you know who started black history month CP,? No, of course you don't. Well it was Republican President Gerald Ford back in the 70's. And he did it because he apparently recognized how black people's part in the history of the U.S. was neglected. It wasn't included in history books, it wasn't taught in schools..I don't really get what black history month accomplishes though. A better way would have been to include the contributions of black Americans in the American history books in the first place. But that's not the sense I'm getting from what's seems to be your problem.
                          Is black history month really something that gets under your skin? Does it really bother you so much.that blacks peoples roles in history are recognized? I don't see you arguing that black peoples part in American history should be imoreso ncluded in American history books.You give the impression that you just don't like the idea of recognizing black peoples contributions to American history.
                          I agree with Morgan Freeman though, you Republicans didnt need to create a "black history" month, though I guess it was better than to do nothing at the time, better than to just ignore the absence and significance of black peoples place in American history. But I don't see you arguing for that,, your just butt hurt that blacks in history are being recognized at all..
                          Last edited by JimL; 02-04-2024, 11:57 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            Do you know who started black history month CP,? No, of course you don't. Well it was Republican President Gerald Ford back in the 70's. ..
                            Yes, Jim, I do --- and just because Gerald Ford did something doesn't mean it was a good idea.

                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Ronson View Post

                              He's changed. Here's an interview of him in 2012. He blames the GOP of being "racist" for wanting to keep Obama from being reelected - even though he acknowledged the same thing happened with Clinton. So, he adapted.

                              Oh, well.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Cow Poke, Today, 11:39 AM
                              10 responses
                              30 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Started by Juvenal, Today, 10:50 AM
                              7 responses
                              41 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Juvenal
                              by Juvenal
                               
                              Started by eider, Today, 03:45 AM
                              40 responses
                              157 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Hypatia_Alexandria  
                              Started by Cow Poke, Yesterday, 08:26 AM
                              18 responses
                              144 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post whag
                              by whag
                               
                              Started by Cow Poke, Yesterday, 07:51 AM
                              3 responses
                              29 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Cow Poke  
                              Working...
                              X