Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump tanks favorability ratings worldwide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    I guess you are that stupid.
    Your assessment means nothing to me, asshat.

Did you even try reading the article I linked to? The CBO found Trumpcare will cause 15 million to lose insurance coverage. From existing scientific studies, we can reasonably predict this will translate to 18,000 preventable American deaths from lack of ability to access needed healthcare.
    "Trumpcare" is step 1 in a long process of bettering healthcare access and costs. That has been stated dozens of times. Jacked up taxes and subsidies are simply not the right way to address it.

Dude your article says he had a working lunch one time. I guess you are that stupid, but one time is not all the times.
    Dude, I literally only had a few minutes to cite one article before heading out to 4th of July festivities with my family. Fact is that Trump routinely works from his golf courses when he travels.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/02/20...nds-work-golf/

That's just another example that says Trump works from his properties. They all did in one way or another - whether it was Obama at Martha's Vineyard, or Bush Jr at his ranch in Texas. I don't care if they take vacations.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      We tried that. Didn't work out as planned.
      Prohibition basically failed because of the lost tax revenue and the effects on the economy.

Which is why universal healthcare won't work either. Health insurance is the fastest growing private employment sector in the US. Shifting that to a single payer government-run system will not only put scores out of work, it will moderately increase government workers, which increases things like pension expenses - which are currently a trillion dollars in the red. Our economy is not built on government control, so forcing one of the largest industries under government control is a recipe for disaster.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        Prohibition basically failed because of the lost tax revenue and the effects on the economy.

Which is why universal healthcare won't work either. Health insurance is the fastest growing private employment sector in the US. Shifting that to a single payer government-run system will not only put scores out of work, it will moderately increase government workers, which increases things like pension expenses - which are currently a trillion dollars in the red. Our economy is not built on government control, so forcing one of the largest industries under government control is a recipe for disaster.
        There was also the increase in violent crime and the huge growth in organized crime.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

There was also the increase in violent crime and the huge growth in organized crime.
          True, but few historians cite that as the reason for repeal of the 18th
          That's what
          - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

True, but few historians cite that as the reason for repeal of the 18th
            Didn't say it was but rather it was an example of how Prohibition didn't work out as planned.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
              Being denied insurance just means you're on the hook to pay for your own healthcare. It's not the same as being denied healthcare
              Yeah, paying out of your own pocket isn't a practical option for almost anyone, especially if those with chronic illness. The point then is rather moot.

What does "quite often" mean? People on welfare vote democrat in very high proportions.
              Rural whites are often on government assistance of some kind, and they supported Trump.

Seems to me that's all they ever asked for.
              Believe me, I'm more than happy to let them have it too.

Comment

Didn't say it was but rather it was an example of how Prohibition didn't work out as planned.
                Agreed. I was highlighting the economic impact of basically dismantling an entire industry, especially one as huge as health insurance, and how a similar economic decision crippled an industry and economy.
                That's what
                - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                  That Trump supporters are so dumb they believe his "Any negative polls are fake news" tweets? Or not to trouble TWeb conservatives with facts and information?

Republican talking heads pretended to care when it was Obama. The bizarre and false claim that Obama "has emboldened our enemies and discouraged our allies" was a reasonably common talking point among low-information conservatives.
                  so you think it is a good idea to follow suit and be a low-information liberal. OK. You go girl.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                    Explain why Trump, and his groupies brag on polls if the support Trump, and condemn polls that show the dark side as you do here.
                    Well, maybe because they crow at the polls that prove accurate and not the ones that the liberals drag out that are shown to be false. Those they laugh at.

Comment

Originally posted by Jin-roh View Post
                      Yeah, paying out of your own pocket isn't a practical option for almost anyone, especially if those with chronic illness. The point then is rather moot.

Rural whites are often on government assistance of some kind, and they supported Trump.

Believe me, I'm more than happy to let them have it too.
                      here's the thing. If Obamacare and Trumpcare went totally away, it would not mean the end of healthcare or health insurance. The government is not supplying healthcare. The healthcare and insurance companies were taking care of things just fine before Obamacare even came along. Obamacare was supposed to make healthcare better and more affordable. It didn't. It make it more expensive. And started fining people who could not afford insurance. So it actually punished those who could not afford the "affordable" health insurance. And all of the insurance companies have been pulling out of the marketplace. leaving less choice and more cost.

I don't think the republican plan is doing much better. When government sticks their nose in business and says they are here to help, start running. I think we would be better off with NO government healthcare, let things go back to the way they were before all this started. Maybe keep a few of the new regulations, like coverage for pre-existing conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        here's the thing. If Obamacare and Trumpcare went totally away, it would not mean the end of healthcare or health insurance. The government is not supplying healthcare. The healthcare and insurance companies were taking care of things just fine before Obamacare even came along. Obamacare was supposed to make healthcare better and more affordable. It didn't. It make it more expensive. And started fining people who could not afford insurance. So it actually punished those who could not afford the "affordable" health insurance. And all of the insurance companies have been pulling out of the marketplace. leaving less choice and more cost.

I don't think the republican plan is doing much better. When government sticks their nose in business and says they are here to help, start running. I think we would be better off with NO government healthcare, let things go back to the way they were before all this started. Maybe keep a few of the new regulations, like coverage for pre-existing conditions.
                        Bunk, the only way to make healthcare affordable for all is to get rid of the private insurance companies whose only purpose is profit, not healthcare, and go to single payer, a.k.a Medicare for all.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          Bunk, the only way to make healthcare affordable for all is to get rid of the private insurance companies whose only purpose is profit, not healthcare, and go to single payer, a.k.a Medicare for all.
                          Congratulations, stupid. You just put 2.5 Million people out of work, destroyed the service sector associated with their businesses, and crippled the local economies of several areas. Classic liberal.
                          That's what
                          - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Congratulations, stupid. You just put 2.5 Million people out of work, destroyed the service sector associated with their businesses, and crippled the local economies of several areas. Classic liberal.
                            not to mention how the rest of the world will be pretty pissed off when all of the pharmaceutical companies go out of business or stop developing new drugs because they are now run by the government. The only reason the other parts of the world can even afford to be single payer is because most of the Pharma companies are US based.

Comment

Well since there are only approximately 525,000 employed in the Health Insurance Industry, not 2.5 million, I guess that would make you the stupid one. And having 525,000 jobs shouldn't be dependent upon 23 million going without affordable health insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                not to mention how the rest of the world will be pretty pissed off when all of the pharmaceutical companies go out of business or stop developing new drugs because they are now run by the government. The only reason the other parts of the world can even afford to be single payer is because most of the Pharma companies are US based.
                                Thats a separate, immoral, profits over people Industry Sparko, and they are in no risk of going out of business.

Comment