Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Wage Slave Shortage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wage Slave Shortage

Civilization depends on birthing wage slaves, and the end of mindless procreation is on the rise thanks to actual mindful consideration of children’s future over the biological drive to continue one’s lineage. Consider Asia’s massively declining birth rate. The same thing is happening in the US, and it’s mostly conservatives who are freaking out about it, attributing it to selfishness or laziness or “wokeness”.

It’s one of the most hopeful signs that today’s youth is actually more intelligent and considerate of the future than their ancestors were. It suggests that young people are slowly realizing that having children isn’t in itself moral and is actually cruel if the future is bleak, which indeed it is. The bleakness of existence has been evident for centuries, but definitely has been more concentrated as wage slavery and inconsideration of the future has increased in the past few decades. It spells doom for the world as we know it, but what’s more doomy? Continuing to produce workers who continually struggle and have to fight for basic rights or the natural collapse of the world system based on people’s refusal to mindlessly make new souls? It’s a toss up.

It’s more interesting and entertaining to watch places like the US and China have to cope with the cruel systems they created.

Wow, you really have jumped ship.
    P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
        The bleakness of existence has been evident for centuries...
        Spoken like a true atheist.

Yes, I know you identify as an agnostic, but in my experience, agnostics claim to be unsure whether or not God exists but live like they're certain he doesn't, which effectively makes them atheists, and as you demonstrate here, one of the defining traits of atheism is nihilism.

Scripture Verse: Ecclesiastes 2

So I hated life, because the work that is done under the sun was grievous to me. All of it is meaningless, a chasing after the wind. I hated all the things I had toiled for under the sun, because I must leave them to the one who comes after me. And who knows whether that person will be wise or foolish? Yet they will have control over all the fruit of my toil into which I have poured my effort and skill under the sun. This too is meaningless. So my heart began to despair over all my toilsome labor under the sun. For a person may labor with wisdom, knowledge and skill, and then they must leave all they own to another who has not toiled for it. This too is meaningless and a great misfortune. What do people get for all the toil and anxious striving with which they labor under the sun? All their days their work is grief and pain; even at night their minds do not rest. This too is meaningless.

© Copyright Original Source

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Yep...

“Life's but a walking shadow; a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.”

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Civilization depends on birthing wage slaves, and the end of mindless procreation is on the rise thanks to actual mindful consideration of children’s future over the biological drive to continue one’s lineage. Consider Asia’s massively declining birth rate. The same thing is happening in the US, and it’s mostly conservatives who are freaking out about it, attributing it to selfishness or laziness or “wokeness”.

It’s one of the most hopeful signs that today’s youth is actually more intelligent and considerate of the future than their ancestors were. It suggests that young people are slowly realizing that having children isn’t in itself moral and is actually cruel if the future is bleak, which indeed it is. The bleakness of existence has been evident for centuries, but definitely has been more concentrated as wage slavery and inconsideration of the future has increased in the past few decades. It spells doom for the world as we know it, but what’s more doomy? Continuing to produce workers who continually struggle and have to fight for basic rights or the natural collapse of the world system based on people’s refusal to mindlessly make new souls? It’s a toss up.

It’s more interesting and entertaining to watch places like the US and China have to cope with the cruel systems they created.
            Yes, population decline means things end up alot like Detroit.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Yes, population decline means things end up alot like Detroit.

One of the biggest problems in cities today is that they are being run into the ground by liberals. Liberal DA's are letting the criminals have free reign, Liberal city government is hobbling police, etc. Who want's to live in such a cesspool of crime? Businesses are fleeing from such places, taking people with them.

Comment

Yes, I know you identify as an agnostic, but in my experience, agnostics claim to be unsure whether or not God exists but live like they're certain he doesn't, which effectively makes them atheists, and as you demonstrate here, one of the defining traits of atheism is nihilism.

Scripture Verse: Ecclesiastes 2

So I hated life, because the work that is done under the sun was grievous to me. All of it is meaningless, a chasing after the wind. I hated all the things I had toiled for under the sun, because I must leave them to the one who comes after me. And who knows whether that person will be wise or foolish? Yet they will have control over all the fruit of my toil into which I have poured my effort and skill under the sun. This too is meaningless. So my heart began to despair over all my toilsome labor under the sun. For a person may labor with wisdom, knowledge and skill, and then they must leave all they own to another who has not toiled for it. This too is meaningless and a great misfortune. What do people get for all the toil and anxious striving with which they labor under the sun? All their days their work is grief and pain; even at night their minds do not rest. This too is meaningless.

© Copyright Original Source

Solomon literally talked to God yet married pagan wives in the very presence of his creator. Solomon was a theist who’ve lived like an atheist. Thanks for playing.

Comment

Solomon literally talked to God yet married pagan wives in the very presence of his creator. Solomon was a theist who’ve lived like an atheist. Thanks for playing.
                  You say this like you are refuting me, but you are actually agreeing with me. Solomon is presented in the Bible as a cautionary tale. Yes, he was a theist, but you can see in Ecclesiastes how miserable he became when he pursued a life without God. It's the same misery you feel when you contemplate "the bleakness of existence".
                  Last edited by Mountain Man; 01-03-2024, 08:57 AM.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Naw, Solomon was a theist who had women troubles!
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Lolno. Solomon was polylatrous when he should have been monolatrous.
                      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

You say this like you are refuting me, but you are actually agreeing with me. Solomon is presented in the Bible as a cautionary tale. Yes, he was a theist, but you can see in Ecclesiastes how miserable he became when he pursued a life without God.
                        Solomon didn’t write Ecclesiastes. But assuming the traditional view that he did, I’ve still invalidated your argument that atheists are miserable. There are many of examples of theists in the Bible who had direct communion with God who acted the way you imagine atheists do. You don’t avoid fornication because of a cautionary tale but because you have faith.

Theists do savage, stupid things with the same frequency as atheists, so, yes, I have refuted you.

It's the same misery you feel when you contemplate "the bleakness of existence".
                        I didn’t feel miserable and am encouraged to see today’s generation considering the moral cost of giving birth. Our theistic ancestors didn't consider this as much.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

One of the biggest problems in cities today is that they are being run into the ground by liberals. Liberal DA's are letting the criminals have free reign, Liberal city government is hobbling police, etc. Who want's to live in such a cesspool of crime? Businesses are fleeing from such places, taking people with them.
                          Ignore all of that, and just focus on the fact that when cities shrink, things don't actually get better most of the time. It just leads to bigger problems.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            Lolno. Solomon was polylatrous when he should have been monolatrous.
                            LOL. I couldn’t even find that word when I looked it up, but assuming you simply mean he had sex with a lot of women even after having direct communication with the creator of the universe, I agree. He acted like an atheist when he was a theist. The world is replete with examples of scoundrels who are theists.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Naw, Solomon was a theist who had women troubles!
                              I bet you have a great sermon on Solomon. =)

Is there anything more cringeworthy than the Song of Solomon?

Comment