Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

California crime spike fuels movement to recall progressive district attorneys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California crime spike fuels movement to recall progressive district attorneys

California crime spike fuels movement to recall progressive district attorneys

Yes, it's only anecdotal, but my son-in-law is currently overseeing a construction job in California, and in broad daylight, some thieves broke into the onsite job box and began stealing tools.
    My son-in-law went out to confront them, but several of the thugs brandish crowbars and shovels in a threatening manner, so he went back inside to call police.
    When police arrived, the job box was completely empty, and the police told him they'd take a report, but "don't count on anything being done".
    When they found out he was from Texas, they admitted "yeah, this would never happen there".

As soon as the police left, the thugs were back breaking into the foreman's pickup truck job box to steal tools from it.

MAYBE this is a step in the right direction....

Several California counties have recalled or are trying to recall their progressive district attorneys as community leaders say they are fed up with violent crime.

In Alameda County, home to the cities of Oakland and Berkley, the group Save Alameda For Everybody, known as SAFE, has received over 70,000 signatures to recall Alameda County District Attorney Pamela Price in what is the county's first-ever recall effort, CBS News reported Monday.

SAFE says it needs 73,195 valid signatures from county voters for the recall effort to get on the ballot.

The effort comes after San Francisco voters successfully recalled now-former District Attorney Chesa Boudin last year in a 55% to 45% vote.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

It is happening everywhere. And now they don't even wait for the packages to show up on your porch, they are raiding trucks on the road!

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12749747/FedEx-loot-truck-Tennessee-Memphis-theft.html

Video shows moment mob of FORTY people loot FedEx truck while it's stopped at red light in Memphis

• A 53-foot FedEx trailer was broken into and ransacked in Memphis on Saturday
    • A group of thieves rummaged through the back of the truck and caused nearly $10,000 in damages

© Copyright Original Source

Source: https://nypost.com/2023/11/16/news/amazon-driver-watches-as-group-of-looters-raid-her-truck-in-atlanta-neighborhood/

Helpless Amazon driver watches as group of looters raid her truck

A group of thieves ransacked an Amazon delivery van as the helpless driver looked on stunned during the brazen daylight robbery in Atlanta in the latest string of attacks on delivery trucks.

Comment

Refund Police?

Or..... DeSoros Prosecution?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Refund Police?

Or..... DeSoros Prosecution?
        educate the public. But, I think the crime wave is educating them enough now. A bit late though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

educate the public. But, I think the crime wave is educating them enough now. A bit late though.
          Just heard from son-in-law that his company (construction company that modernizes name-brand restaurant chains) is having a meeting in the morning to discuss totally pulling out of California.
          They had checked with the DA's office, and confirmed that the DA has no intention of pursuing charges of the gang - who is actually known to police.

Comment

Just heard from son-in-law that his company (construction company that modernizes name-brand restaurant chains) is having a meeting in the morning to discuss totally pulling out of California.
            They had checked with the DA's office, and confirmed that the DA has no intention of pursuing charges of the gang - who is actually known to police.
            Do you know which DA? Any names?

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Do you know which DA? Any names?
              I'm not sure which county he's in right now, but I can ask. I do know that he's on a flight home tonight while the biggies decide over the holidays what to do.

I think I remember them mocking the guy calling him "gas can" -- is that a clue?

Comment

I'm not sure which county he's in right now, but I can ask. I do know that he's on a flight home tonight while the biggies decide over the holidays what to do.

I think I remember them mocking the guy calling him "gas can" -- is that a clue?
                Nah. Not a clue for me.

I'd just like to see these DA's get called out for their lack of concern. They are elected to do a job, so if they refuse to do it the voters need to know that, and to know them by name. Otherwise, it will never end.

Comment

Nah. Not a clue for me.

I'd just like to see these DA's get called out for their lack of concern. They are elected to do a job, so if they refuse to do it the voters need to know that, and to know them by name. Otherwise, it will never end.
                  George Gascon.... hence, the "gas can". And, yes, he has a tough reelection campaign because he did so badly, but the problem may be that he has attracted quite a few opponents, which may actually help him win.
                  I have officially done did tell you all I knows about California politics.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    It is happening everywhere. And now they don't even wait for the packages to show up on your porch, they are raiding trucks on the road!

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12749747/FedEx-loot-truck-Tennessee-Memphis-theft.html

Video shows moment mob of FORTY people loot FedEx truck while it's stopped at red light in Memphis

• A 53-foot FedEx trailer was broken into and ransacked in Memphis on Saturday
                    • A group of thieves rummaged through the back of the truck and caused nearly $10,000 in damages

Source: https://nypost.com/2023/11/16/news/amazon-driver-watches-as-group-of-looters-raid-her-truck-in-atlanta-neighborhood/

Helpless Amazon driver watches as group of looters raid her truck

A group of thieves ransacked an Amazon delivery van as the helpless driver looked on stunned during the brazen daylight robbery in Atlanta in the latest string of attacks on delivery trucks.

There was a rumor that it was carrying a large load of bacon.

Or so I heard.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Soros-Funded DA Robbed After Leaving $90K SUV Unattended in California

So predictable.
                      P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Her bodyguard left the county-owned SUV unattended, where her county-owned laptop was stolen. She's still not feeling enough sting, IMO. Criminals should go to her actual home and steal goodies from there - items that she actually owns. THEN, maybe she will "get it."

Comment

Her bodyguard left the county-owned SUV unattended, where her county-owned laptop was stolen. She's still not feeling enough sting, IMO. Criminals should go to her actual home and steal goodies from there - items that she actually owns. THEN, maybe she will "get it."
                          Yeah, that's going to result in being more embarrassed than feeling violated. Now, if she had been car-jacked at gunpoint -- particularly by someone she released without bail...

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment