Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

yet another attack in London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
    This attack wasn't terrorism in any meaningful sense of the word.

Here are some common definitions:

There is nothing in there about revenge killings.
    There is nothing in there about responding to attacks to signal that a people is ready to fight back.

Part of terrorism is indiscriminate killing but that wasn't what the latest attack was about; it was a targeted killing.
    This killing had nothing to do with politics or trying to change a public policy - it was sans politics.

It is a little irritating to see people jumping around for joy because the media and government are getting sloppy with the use of words. I'm baffled that labeling something 'terrorism' or a 'hate crime' makes it worse in some people's estimation. It is unclear to me how labeling this incorrectly is somehow a win for the Islamic community. All the misuse of terms does is allow politicians to score points for doing nothing and it clouds the steps/solutions that may be necessary in dealing with the very real differences between terrorism and revenge killings. I don't know why this frustrates me. I guess if London wants to be sloppy they'll have to live with the consequences.
    I agree, mostly. It wasn't a targeted killing, because the guy just picked a random group of Muslims. I don't think he was trying to send any message, just lost self-control.
    Last edited by One Bad Pig; 06-19-2017, 02:30 PM.
    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      And there wasn't.
      Sorry. No intention to suggest there was in your statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
        ISIS and Al Qaeda might be relatively recent, but Islam has been causing these problems for closer to 1,400 years.
        yeah I have said this in the past. Islam was STARTED and spread by these tactics: attacks on civilians, raiding caravans and invading towns, "convert or die"

Nothing has changed, except now you have a few muslims claiming that Islam is a religion of peace. These are the ones who are the outliers, the unorthodox. The "radical" muslims are happy to let these guys go out into the world preaching peace, and then use them as a way to get others to put down their guard so they can follow and destroy. The "good" muslims are just bait.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          yeah I have said this in the past. Islam was STARTED and spread by these tactics: attacks on civilians, raiding caravans and invading towns, "convert or die"

Nothing has changed, except now you have a few muslims claiming that Islam is a religion of peace. These are the ones who are the outliers, the unorthodox. The "radical" muslims are happy to let these guys go out into the world preaching peace, and then use them as a way to get others to put down their guard so they can follow and destroy. The "good" muslims are just bait.
          Yup, and Mohammed himself said "I have been made victorious through terror". Given that he is supposed to be the example of what a Muslim is supposed to be, it's not surprising that many Muslims would turn to terrorism in order to follow him.

Comment

well, gorsh, if their religion didn't go around being the cause of nearly EVERY SINGLE terrorist attack for the last 50 years maybe people wouldn't be "islamophobic"
            Your list of attacks must be awfully selective. It's not even close to being 'nearly every'.
            I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Comment

Islamophobia is a religion of peace. The guy wasn't a real islamophobe.
                "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Wrong, most religions are tribal and their practitioners have no interested in evangelizing. It's just that universalist religions tend to be a lot more successful (for obvious reasons). Your own religion, liberalism, is the same.

What they ought to do is set an example that others may follow of their own accord. That would be worth doing. But no, it would be far too reasonable for any religioso to act decently. Instead, they have to get into full strength castigation, brainwashing, strange rituals and reciting their rotten book at every opportunity.

Would you not rather be left alone by those who would impose their will on you? Then leave us alone too. Leave everyone alone. Put away the rotten book. Stop the incantations, the blessings and the curses. Keep it safe and pure in your own imagination and let your secret die with you.
                  Pretty much all you do is evangelize against "religion", hypocrite.

Why don't YOU teach by example instead and throw your modem out the window?

If you stay quiet, and the others follow your example, the Muslims and the ultra-right too; this violence will diminish. No one will know what the fight was about.
                  Yeah religious violence will cease just as soon as Sparko stops evangelizing. Idiot.
                  Last edited by Darth Executor; 06-19-2017, 05:54 PM.
                  "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

I think we should just have state-mandated enlightenment and rationality atheism. Imagine how much more peaceful everything could be!
                    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                      I think we should just have state-mandated enlightenment and rationality atheism. Imagine how much more peaceful everything could be!
                      Didn't somebody already try that?
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                        Didn't somebody already try that?
                        Well if they did, they didn't do it right. We know that, because we aren't in an a-religious paradise. Duh.
                        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                          Well if they did, they didn't do it right. We know that, because we aren't in an a-religious paradise. Duh.
                          You mean the Soviet Union and Mao's China weren't paradises?
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Now the idiot left is blaming Trump for an attack on muslims in the UK. You must have left your intelligence in your other pants.
                            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                              This attack wasn't terrorism in any meaningful sense of the word.

Here are some common definitions:
                              You don't think there is any intimidation or attempt to coerce involved? I do. That is what this sort of revenge is all about.
                              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                                Now the idiot left is blaming Trump for an attack on muslims in the UK. You must have left your intelligence in your other pants.
                                Jed, you ignorant hillbilly - let me show you how this works:
                                Trump --> Rhetoric/Twitter --> Butterflies --> Hurricane --> 1,400 years of violence --> cold tea --> Violence.
                                Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment