Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

US Congressman and Others Shot...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
    Exactly.

Some drug dealer who has killed multiple people, sold drugs to minors, who has stolen cars and committed other crimes, finally gets shot in the ghetto and the response from people is "Meh, if he didn't want to die he shouldn't have lived like a criminal. Oh well, live by the sword, die by the sword." The killing of the drug dealer is tragic but most people aren't going to get worked up about it. There are far too many innocent people who die every day to worry about those that court death.

I feel the same way about Congress.

For decades those criminals have sat on their hands while the enslavement of the poor continues. For decades they've held Mexican immigrants in this pseudo-legal place where they can be taken advantage of but they've no legal recourse. Because of the on again off again border policy thousands have died. The same could be said for the completely idiotic wars in the middle east - trillions spent, many thousands died, and all so sugar daddy can get another payout from oil companies and defense contractors. It isn't a Democrat vs. Republican thing - they're all whores.

So a Congressman got shot, well if he didn't want to get shot he shouldn't have lived his life like a criminal.
    It is wrong, I don't advocate it, but I'm not going to worry about it either.
    so you know this congressman was living his life like a criminal then?

If you ever voted one of them into office then you are a criminal too. Maybe you should start wearing kevlar too?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      so you know this congressman was living his life like a criminal then?
      That is the beauty of Congress.
      Because they pass the blame around nobody can be said to be guilty.
      It is always the process, the law, the judge, the opposition across the aisle.

When 400+ criminals get together and vote on something suddenly it is okay to do horrible things and nobody is guilty.

Looks like the shooter saw through the nonsense.
      The shooter did the wrong thing, but he does see the truth of the matter.
      Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

When 400+ criminals get together and vote on something suddenly it is okay to do horrible things and nobody is guilty.

you are insane. He saw the truth of the matter? that congress deserves death?

Nice job Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          you are insane. He saw the truth of the matter? that congress deserves death?
          Nice job Christian.
          He saw the truth of the matter that the congressman is a criminal.
          His response was also a crime; he should not have shot anyone at all.
          Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Out of curiosity... has anyone seen or read anything about a Democrat leader saying maybe it is time to ratchet down the rhetoric? Someone like an Obama, a Clinton, a Pelosi or even a Biden?

I mean right now there is a play showing where Trump is assassinated every night[1]lot more examples (and Trump hasn't even been president 6 months). Compare all of this to how the left went absolutely apoplectic just because a rodeo clown wore an Obama mask. Nothing more.

1. Yeah, I know that it is technically Julius Caesar but Caesar wearing a bright red tie with blonde hair in a massive comb over. Even the New York Times (who is also a sponsor) and Washington Post don't pretend that Caesar isn't Trump.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Please, I implore you with all seriousness -- If any politician you have ever supported has ever participated in a "criminal lifestyle" that you believe makes his murder or attempted murder deserved or even "understandable" -- kill yourself forthwith. You are an accomplice.
              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                Please, I implore you with all seriousness -- If any politician you have ever supported has ever participated in a "criminal lifestyle" that you believe makes his murder or attempted murder deserved or even "understandable" -- kill yourself forthwith. You are an accomplice.
                How do you make the connection that I'm an accomplice to murder, having done nothing but state an opinion, but Congressmen who...

1: Send young men and young women into illegals wars for the sake of defense contracts
                2: Leave a border open so Mexicans can be enslaved by big US businesses
                3: Leave a border open so drugs can flow across almost unhindered
                4: <insert dozens of other crimes>

..how is it that these Congressmen aren't accomplices?

Oh, that's right.
                When 400+ people vote it doesn't matter if the issue is horrible/self-serving/criminal/unethical - hey, they voted so it is okay.

Using the criteria you seem to be operating under it is impossible for the government to commit a crime; that by definition if it is an act of a voting body it cannot be wrong.
                That is ridiculous.

Comment

Maybe we should get upset about people in need dying instead of getting upset about fat oligarchs catching blowback for criminal behavior.
                  Maybe we need to realize these guys have programmed us to view their murderous behavior as acceptable.

Comment

I agree with your analysis overall but this shooter did not see the truth of the matter. He just got mad and did bad.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Out of curiosity... has anyone seen or read anything about a Democrat leader saying maybe it is time to ratchet down the rhetoric? Someone like an Obama, a Clinton, a Pelosi or even a Biden?

I mean right now there is a play showing where Trump is assassinated every night[1]lot more examples (and Trump hasn't even been president 6 months). Compare all of this to how the left went absolutely apoplectic just because a rodeo clown wore an Obama mask. Nothing more.

1. Yeah, I know that it is technically Julius Caesar but Caesar wearing a bright red tie with blonde hair in a massive comb over. Even the New York Times (who is also a sponsor) and Washington Post don't pretend that Caesar isn't Trump.
                      Just symptoms of a once great nation swirling down the toilet.
                      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                        Where did anyone come close to saying it was deserved. If understanding the symptoms of the down fall of a nation makes one an accomplice, add me to that. Our federal legislators lie to us routinely and no one thinks any thing of it. We elected a raft of supposedly pro life congressmen who are actively stalling when it comes to defunding Planned Parenthood. Many of them campaigned on this and now sit around with their hands in their pockets. The shooting was evil, as is a whole lot going on in our once great republic. I understand why people can follow through on what the media, Hollywood, et al tell them. If I am an accomplice so be it. I can only trust that God will work it all out according to His will. I trust him even while understanding the situation of the frustrated lost in America.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          And this is just a list from memory. I'm sure with a bit of Google-fu I could come up with a lot more examples (and Trump hasn't even been president 6 months). Compare all of this to how the left went absolutely apoplectic just because a rodeo clown wore an Obama mask. Nothing more.
                          Yeah, that was the only offensive thing ever said about Obama. These things were totally never created.

And one that's similar in quality to the Kathy Griffin thing.
                          https://mangozeen.blogspot.com/2012/08/rope-obama.html
                          Find my speling strange? I'm trying this out: Simplified Speling. Feel free to join me.

"Nature has placed mankind under the governance of two sovereign masters, pain and pleasure. It is for them alone to point out what we ought to do, as well as to determine what we shall do."-Jeremy Bentham

"We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question."-Orson Scott Card

Comment

• Originally posted by stfoskey15 View Post
                            Yeah, that was the only offensive thing ever said about Obama. These things were totally never created.

To clarify, all that the rodeo clown did was wear an Obama mask. Nothing more. He had a history of wearing masks of whoever was president at the time but it was only when it was the Obamessiah that caused a sector of our society to become enraged and lose it.

One other thing, with the incredibly rare exception those sort of things were said by folks that nobody pays any attention to whereas with the left its a legion of celebutards, MSM personalities and upon occasion prominent politicians -- folks with a big microphone and spotlight.
                            Last edited by rogue06; 06-15-2017, 09:15 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by stfoskey15 View Post

These are nothing compared to what liberals were doing in the Bush era.
                              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment