Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

US Congressman and Others Shot...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
    I see no evidence he's a whackjob like, say, the guy who shot Giffords was.
    The insanity defense is stupid.
    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
      honestly, at this point I think we all need to seriously start preparing for the inevitable civil/world war. pick up some related skillsets, learn a bit of survival, get into good physical shape, store food/basic necessities, etc.
      I've decided to go down with the ship.
      I'm not going to be running through a burned out city trying to escape CHUDs, eating mushrooms, skinning dogs, and treating serious wounds with whiskey.

As soon as the internet goes down I'll lose my will to live.
      Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        The Bible also speaks pretty bluntly about not rendering evil for evil.
        Yes but what does that have to do with shooting politicians?
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
          Government can carry out any number of atrocities by using due process.
          A process isn't a guarantee that the system is good - it only describes a series of steps.

The abortionists used 'due process', does that make the death of millions of dead children any less murder?
          No, but that's hardly a direct comparison.[/QUOTE]
          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

No, but that's hardly a direct comparison.
            I may be missing your point.
            I don't know how voting on a murderous policy is different than a random act of violence... other than making it premeditated.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              . . . Whatever happened to common decency and compassion? There was a time when our nation would have collectively mourned something like this. Now we have people practically if not outright celebrating just because the victims happen to sit "across the aisle".
              This is just part of the death throes of our once great republic. Symptom of decay.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                While I'm no fan of politicians to try to make it out that they're all Hitler or Mao is just ignorant.
                Difference is only in the extremity of their actions that we see. How many people have the Clintons killed? That is just one example. Congressmen making and selling drugs is not much less than what Hitler did except in the number of victims.
                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

By Joe Schmoe? Absolutely. By order of Governor X, following due process? Absolutely not. Can you see the difference?

The Bible also speaks pretty bluntly about not rendering evil for evil. The proper response to all those is not to grab your Uzi and set it on rock'n'roll.
                  Understanding why people may do such evil things is not the same as approving of such evil things.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    so now the liberals are turning into terrorists? Protests, burning cars, decapitating the president in effigy, now assassinating republican senators?

At this point, how do we tell the difference between a liberal and ISIS?

oh yeah...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22769[/ATTACH]
                    But most Republicans are just liberal lite, not conservative.

Comment

I'm not going to be running through a burned out city trying to escape CHUDs, eating mushrooms, skinning dogs, and treating serious wounds with whiskey.

At my age and with my physical limitations I will go down with you if it comes soon. And it is coming.

Comment

I may be missing your point.
                        I don't know how voting on a murderous policy is different than a random act of violence... other than making it premeditated.
                        Perhaps you're missing my point because I wasn't trying to differentiate between voting on a murderous policy and a random act of violence.

Now that you mention it, though, your attempted comparison is manifestly absurd. It takes a ginormous leap to equate voting on, e.g., healthcare with murder.
                        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                          Understanding why people may do such evil things is not the same as approving of such evil things.
                          That's not how I understood the post to which I was replying. It looked rather more like "I wouldn't personally do such things, but I can see how others would see them as reasonable."
                          sigpic

Comment

Perhaps you're missing my point because I wasn't trying to differentiate between voting on a murderous policy and a random act of violence.
                            Now that you mention it, though, your attempted comparison is manifestly absurd. It takes a ginormous leap to equate voting on, e.g., healthcare with murder.
                            How is it that for every other person in society the action and the result of the action are measured together and accountability applied?
                            I'm sure they'll be relieved to know that you don't hold them accountable for abortion - you know, because an organized political body voted on it.

These fatheads can sell us on the most hair brained nonsense, collect fat checks from their globalist buddies for selling us out, and then retire from office and never face prosecution for their crimes. There is literally no other occupation on the planet (besides being a politician) where a person can commit those kinds of crimes and walk away with absolutely no fear of blowback. Defense contractor buddy needs a war? Start one. It doesn't matter because you cannot be held accountable - as long as you voted on it, regardless of what pack of lies you told the American people to sell it.

You and I pay for the bad choices we make.
                            We need a mechanism to make politicians pay for theirs.

Comment

Wait. There are are alternative treatments?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That's not how I understood the post to which I was replying. It looked rather more like "I wouldn't personally do such things, but I can see how others would see them as reasonable."
                                I guess it is obvious that I did not. You may be right but I doubt it.

Comment