Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Populist Anthem Goes Viral!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

You are no different than Nancy I-can't-blink Pelosi who notoriously praised the Obama-era $40 tax cut as a "victory for America" and then dismissed the $1000 bonuses that many workers received under the 2017 tax cuts as nothing more than "pathetic crumbs"
    What are you talking about a $1000 bonus? "Many workers" who? Do you think they should be paid a living wage? Do you think they should have access to affordable Healthcare? Do you think they deserve public assistance, should have food stamps, or affordable housing etc etc.

Of course you don't. Republicans don't believe in government.Remember?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post

What are you talking about a $1000 bonus? "Many workers" who? Do you think they should be paid a living wage? Do you think they should have access to affordable Healthcare? Do you think they deserve public assistance, should have food stamps, or affordable housing etc etc.

Of course you don't. Republicans don't believe in government.Remember?
      I got over $800 IIRC. Everyone I know who worked for a living got a refund. But the left soon cancelled it while pretending to care.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        I got over $800 IIRC. Everyone I know who worked for a living got a refund. But the left soon cancelled it while pretending to care.
        What do you mean you got a refund? You got a tax cut! So you got a few extra dollars a week. The rich man North of Richmond got "as Trump put it" a lot richer while the debt increased by 2 trillion, and by 8 trillion under Trump. Did you watch the clown show last night? Niki Haley got it right at least. "The republicans are the big spenders she said", and you get nothing out of their spending.
        Last edited by JimL; 08-24-2023, 10:35 AM.

Comment

What do you mean you got a refund? You got a tax cut! So you got a few extra dollars a week. The rich man North of Richmond got "as Trump put it" a lot richer.

Ya just gotta laugh at such stupidity.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I don't think it CP, I know it. The funny thing is you, believing that the republican party cares one bit for those people he singing about.
            I'm not a Republican, Jimmy.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

You're in denial concerning just about everything you are CP. You're not a Trumpster either.

Comment

I'm in denial concerning just about everything I am, CP.
                I fixed it for you, Jimmy.

You're not a Trumpster either.
                FINALLY got something right!!!

Comment

• Oliver Anthony, who wrote and performed the song Rich Men North of Richmond, isn't pleased that one of the topics at the Republican debate was his song:

"The one thing that has bothered me is seeing people wrap politics up into this. I'm disappointed to see [it]. It's aggravating seeing people on conservative news try to identify with me like I'm one of them. It's aggravating seeing certain musicians and politicians act like we're buddies and act like we're fighting the same struggle here, like we're trying to present the same message. It seems like certain people want to ride the attention of this song to maybe make their own selves relevant. That's aggravating as hell. The other thing I find aggravating, it was funny seeing my song at the presidential debate, because it's like, I wrote the song about those people, so for them to have to sit there and listen to that, that cracks me up, It was funny seeing the response to it. That song has nothing to do with Joe Biden — it's a lot bigger than Joe Biden. That song was written about the people on that stage, and a lot more, too, not just them, but definitely them."
                  "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
                  "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

• Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
                    Oliver Anthony, who wrote and performed the song Rich Men North of Richmond, isn't pleased that one of the topics at the Republican debate was his song:

"The one thing that has bothered me is seeing people wrap politics up into this. I'm disappointed to see [it]. It's aggravating seeing people on conservative news try to identify with me like I'm one of them. It's aggravating seeing certain musicians and politicians act like we're buddies and act like we're fighting the same struggle here, like we're trying to present the same message. It seems like certain people want to ride the attention of this song to maybe make their own selves relevant. That's aggravating as hell. The other thing I find aggravating, it was funny seeing my song at the presidential debate, because it's like, I wrote the song about those people, so for them to have to sit there and listen to that, that cracks me up, It was funny seeing the response to it. That song has nothing to do with Joe Biden — it's a lot bigger than Joe Biden. That song was written about the people on that stage, and a lot more, too, not just them, but definitely them."
                    Understandably he doesn't want it turned into a political football and was targeting the elites on both sides of the aisle.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
                      Oliver Anthony, who wrote and performed the song Rich Men North of Richmond, isn't pleased that one of the topics at the Republican debate was his song:

The right was quick to latch onto two verses they interpreted as being pro-coal and anti-social welfare and assume it was a song for them.

The right isn’t known for calls for unity but rather “FYF”, so they overwhelmingly embraced it. In response, the left overreacted thinking their interpretation true. Now, Oliver Anthony is in damage control.

One wonders if the song had gotten traction without those verses.

Comment

Yes, I know the game CP. You're not a Republican, you only vote Republican!

Comment

Yes, I know the game CP. You're not a Republican, you only vote Republican!
                          You're confusing party affiliation and voting alignment. One could be a registered Democrat, consider themself ideologically Independent, and also vote for a Republican candidate without contradiction.

One could even be a registered Republican, consider themself a Republican, and still vote for a Democrat candidate.
                          P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

You're confusing party affiliation and voting alignment. One could be a registered Democrat, consider themself ideologically Independent, and also vote for a Republican candidate without contradiction.

One could even be a registered Republican, consider themself a Republican, and still vote for a Democrat candidate.
                            Apparently, one has to have more than a half dozen working brain cells to grasp that.

I will have to admit that the term "moderate Democrat" has pretty much gone the way of the dinosaur, and it's rarer and rarer that I actually get to vote for a Democrat.

I did vote for a Democrat County Commissioner recently, because he was less corrupt than his Republican opponent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

I'm libertarian. I've voted for both Democrats and Republicans for every elected office except President, whether that be city and county officials, state representatives and senators, Governor, Lt. Governor, Secretary of State..., U.S. Representatives and Senators.

Until very recently my state was a firm red state which allowed me to vote for Third Party candidates in the presidential elections so I have rarely voted for either party in that contest.

Yet Little jimmy and similar ilk would insist that I'm a Trumpster Republican.

Comment

I will have to admit that the term "moderate Democrat" has pretty much gone the way of the dinosaur, and it's rarer and rarer that I actually get to vote for a Democrat.
                                As has the term "moderate Republican." Your posting a Cliff's Notes version of GOP and Democratic platforms from Family Research Council being exhibit A.

Comment