Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Lt. Richard Collins III; murdered by Alt-Right terrorist...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    Right so you agree that men can be Christians and not always follow the teachings and example of Christ.
    Of course. Including yours truly.

fwiw,
    guacamole
    "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
    Hear my cry, hear my shout,
    Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
      Alright, good point. Repudiate your crazies. Do you think that Westboro are actually Christians? I feel like I can repudiate their "tactics" (because I'm not sure about their statement of faith and everything they believe) while still acknowledging that they are Christians.

I agree that Islam has a problem with its extremists.

fwiw,
      guacamole
      I think it is safe to say that a cult defined by hatred isn't Christian.
      Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

republicanriotmeme.jpg
        One notable difference

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]22475[/ATTACH]
          One notable difference
          That is because they were all hiding in their fallout shelters.
          Most were singing hymns and watching the clouds.
          Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Mountain Man for the WIN! I absolutely agree with you--I'm not working on a spiritual-reality level here when I make the demarcation, as that's pretty impossible for me tell at this distance from their lives. I speaking on a more general taxonomic level of a person who, at least outwardly, adhere's to the orthodox demarcations of Christianity.
            "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit. A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus you will recognize them by their fruits." (Matthew 7:15-20)
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
              Here's their website:

Westboro Baptist Church

I'm trying to find a creedal statement. Anyone else can look too. I've been reading through the FAQ, and they seem 'orthodox.'

fwiw,
              guacamole

Edited to add: They have a counter to count the number of people God has cast into hell since you've loaded the page.
              Last edited by guacamole; 05-23-2017, 10:15 AM.
              Save me, save me"

Comment

Here's their website:

Westboro Baptist Church

I'm trying to find a creedal statement. Anyone else can look too. I've been reading through the FAQ, and they seem 'orthodox.'

fwiw,
                guacamole
                Anyone can cut and paste a statement of faith to a website.
                I think we're to evaluate people based upon their actions.

Their constant hatred runs afoul of "you shall know them by their love."

Comment

Anyone can cut and paste a statement of faith to a website.
                  I think we're to evaluate people based upon their actions.

Their constant hatred runs afoul of "you shall know them by their love."
                  True. And Amen.

fwiw,
                  guacamole
                  Save me, save me"

Comment

Then we have this:

"Leftists took to Twitter Monday night to tweet about their fears of Islamophobia following the terrorist attack at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, England."

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Not just Twitter. I just posted this in the thread about the attack:
                      After ignoring the attack during their evening news broadcast ABC, what the network seemed most concerned about this morning is a possible "Anti-Islamic backlash" in Europe. On Good Morning America ABC anchor George Stephanopoulos resisted efforts to link the attack to Muslim extremists and went on several times worrying that this would "likely create backlash" and "likely to inflame anti-Islamic sentiment across Britain, across Europe."

The priorities of the leftist MSM

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

This is why liberals are retarded, no I take that back - I worked with the mentally handicapped for a decade - they actually had more common sense than leftists...
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                          This is why liberals are retarded, no I take that back - I worked with the mentally handicapped for a decade - they actually had more common sense than leftists...
                          Given the frequency of this sort of thing the tolerance from the West has been pretty amazing.

Comment

I think a better course would be to repudiate your crazies in no uncertain terms. This is what Christians have been doing for quite awhile now. OTOH Muslims either tolerate theirs or fully embrace them.
                            The Muslims do repudiate their crazies.

It's just that, to the Muslims, the crazies are Ahmadiyya and Baha'i.
                            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

In general alt-right is seething is a strange focus on race, mirroring the radical left. Though apparently deciding to be the exact opposite mirror. While most alt-righters aren't explicitly white supremacists, some certainly are. You can go to www.stormfront.org to read about it.

Or heck look up any video of the coiner of the term 'alt-right', Richard Spencer and listen to him talk.

Honestly I can't tell if he genuinely is like this, or whether he's just larping.

Like it or not, the coiner of the term 'alt-right' said this following on his website until it was taken down, though its saved in the webarchive.

Source: Richard Spencer

Instead of asking how we can make reparations for slavery, colonialism, and Apartheid or how we can equalize academic scores and incomes, we should instead be asking questions like, "Does human civilization actually need the Black race?" "Is Black genocide right?" and, if it is, "What would be the best and easiest way to dispose of them?" With starting points like this, wisdom is sure to flourish, enlightenment to dawn.

© Copyright Original Source

Last edited by Leonhard; 05-23-2017, 04:47 PM.

Comment

I view Westboro Baptist Church as a moderate Christian group. Unlike many other Christians, they don't support drilling holes into unborn babies heads and sucking out their brains. I reckon that makes them a better option than at least 30% of self-identified Christians. As far as extremists go, they are mostly known for being really, really mean in person. They probably top the scale at being mean, and if you think being mean is worse than the massacres facilitated by the guacamoles of the world, I guess you would feel the need to vigorously denounce them. My position on them remains a resounding "meh".
                                "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment