Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Did Trump urge James Comey to drop Michael Flynn investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    That's entirely possible, but his SCOTUS pick is still there, and Hillary is still sulking.
    Yes, Trump won the election - we all noticed.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
      At some point, it starts to sound like crying wolf.
      I don't know if it's crying wolf so much as it as everybody wanting to be the first to report 'the moment' this thing with Russia finally gets tied around Trump's neck - which will happen.

Comment

I think people misunderstood 'wolf' to be Trump. I was referring to CP's bit about the terrorist threat.
        I'm not here anymore.

Comment

I think people misunderstood 'wolf' to be Trump. I was referring to CP's bit about the terrorist threat.
          In that case, I misunderstood you. There is an actual threat of terrorist attack. It may be low, especially in your area, but they do occur - and as Europe has found out recently, there is a significant correlation between terrorism and Muslim immigrants. Very few Muslim immigrants are terrorists, but that doesn't mean we should ignore the reality that a few are.
          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
            I don't know if it's crying wolf so much as it as everybody desperately hoping that this thing with Russia finally gets tied around Trump's neck.
            Fixed that for you.
            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

At some point, it starts to sound like crying wolf.
              To the extent that Wall Street seems to totally ignore it.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Ah, ok.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yes, Trump won the election - we all noticed.
                  It's not just that he won the election - it's what he already has accomplished the SCOTUS appointment. That, and Hillary NOT being President, were the ONLY reasons I voted Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    It's not just that he won the election - it's what he already has accomplished the SCOTUS appointment. That, and Hillary NOT being President, were the ONLY reasons I voted Trump.
                    Well, when you have the entire congress behind you, it should be a piece of cake to fill a vacant seat on the supreme court.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      Fixed that for you.
                      Cute.

Comment

Well, when you have the entire congress behind you, it should be a piece of cake to fill a vacant seat on the supreme court.
                        Yeah, I don't really care how it happened, just that it did. And, had he NOT been elected, it would never have happened.

Comment

It should be, yes. It's not as if Republicans are very good at marching in lock-step, though.

I agree with Cow Poke on this (don't tell him I said that) - Hillary lost, and we seem to have gotten a decent SC judge on the bench to replace Scalia. Other than that, Trump's not inspiring a whole lot of confidence.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            In that case, I misunderstood you. There is an actual threat of terrorist attack. It may be low, especially in your area, but they do occur - and as Europe has found out recently, there is a significant correlation between terrorism and Muslim immigrants. Very few Muslim immigrants are terrorists, but that doesn't mean we should ignore the reality that a few are.
                            I didn't say there was no threat, or that we should ignore it. However, The threat seems to be vastly overstated and used far too often as justification for all sorts of things. Immigration as the correlation only sorta works, mostly because the easiest avenues for ingress are barely mentioned, let alone scrutinized.
                            I'm not here anymore.

Comment

I honestly don't see Trump making it to the end of his term.
                              He'll make it to the end of his term because he's done nothing wrong. However, these constant witch hunts will certainly hinder his agenda, which is all the Washington establishment wants anyway. It sucks for those of us who love our country and were hoping Trump would have the opportunity to do some good.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                He'll make it to the end of his term because he's done nothing wrong. However, these constant witch hunts will certainly hinder his agenda, which is all the Washington establishment wants anyway. It sucks for those of us who love our country and were hoping Trump would have the opportunity to do some good.
                                Some people like the good 'ole boy network full of back slapping and back stabbing oligarchs.
                                I know, I know... it is hard to imagine why anyone would want that, but they do.
                                Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment