Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

FBI Deputy Director Admits Redacting Mention of Joe and Hunter Biden Recordings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FBI Deputy Director Admits Redacting Mention of Joe and Hunter Biden Recordings...

FBI Deputy Director Admits Redacting Mention of Joe and Hunter Biden Recordings in Document Shown to Congress

FBI Deputy Director Paul Abbate admitted during a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on Tuesday that the FBI redacted any mention of audio recordings of Joe and Hunter Biden in a document shown last week to Republican lawmakers in which an FBI informant alleged the Bidens were involved in a bribery scheme around 2015 and 2016.

Under grilling from Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN), Abbate confirmed: “What I will tell you with respect to the document, the document was redacted to protect the source.”

Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA) on Monday revealed that the document, which was a transcript of an FBI interview with an informant, contained references to 17 alleged audio recordings — 15 with Hunter Biden and two with then-Vice President Joe Biden. However, Grassley said, when the document was made available to the House Oversight Committee last week under pressure from Republicans, the references to the audio recordings had been deleted.

Grassley pointed out that the document is an unclassified document and should not be redacted, let alone need to be viewed in a Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility, which the FBI made lawmakers do.

Abbate had at first tried to skirt the question, with Blackburn asking him several times to explain why the information was redacted.

After he finally responded, she told him.
    I think it would be helpful when you came before us, if you were willing to answer the questions, it would help to remove the perception that the American people have — they see you do it everyday — and that is politicizing the FBI and using it against the American people who don’t happen to be named Biden, Clinton, or one of the elites.

Abbate also denied that the FBI was politicized, which Blackburn disagreed with.

“There are two very clear standards of justice in this country. We see it every single day. The American people see this every single day. They look at you and see a politicized entity that is weaponizing an agency of the federal government against the American people,” she told him.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Always with that "protect the source" or for the sake of "national security" BS. I'm wondering what it is about Biden that they love the man so much they're going to such lengths to protect him? Is it just politics, or are the Bidens that powerful?

Comment

Republicans don't care for the safety of informants when there is a chance to smear Democrats or the FBI.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
        Always with that "protect the source" or for the sake of "national security" BS. I'm wondering what it is about Biden that they love the man so much they're going to such lengths to protect him? Is it just politics, or are the Bidens that powerful?
        They're not protecting Joe, they're protecting themselves. They've been covering for the Clintons, and Obama and Joe for years, and if Joe goes down, then they all go down.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
          Republicans don't care for the safety of informants when there is a chance to smear Democrats or the FBI.
          I have to give you credit where it's due: your takes on current events are always good for a laugh.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Unless I'm not understanding the situation, all they had to do was black out their name; they didn't have to redact the entire mention of the audio recordings. Get real. They're protecting Biden, and have been protecting him for years now.

Comment

Unclassified documents.

No need to protect the source at that point.

But a flimsy reason to continue to conceal evidence.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Unless I'm not understanding the situation, all they had to do was black out their name; they didn't have to redact the entire mention of the audio recordings. Get real. They're protecting Biden, and have been protecting him for years now.
                Errr ... It may be in the wording or the situation. Like "Hunter told me to erase the laptop emails when we were at my diner." The source could easily be identified as a friend who owned or managed a diner.

But I agree, it is the ongoing deep-state orthodoxy to protect Biden as much as possible. He is their puppet.

Comment

So, you are saying that there is enough credible evidence that this person would be in danger of their life if their identity was known?

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Errr ... It may be in the wording or the situation. Like "Hunter told me to erase the laptop emails when we were at my diner." The source could easily be identified as a friend who owned or managed a diner.

But I agree, it is the ongoing deep-state orthodoxy to protect Biden as much as possible. He is their puppet.
                    I still don't get it unless a specific name was given. If a name was given then:

"Hunter told me to erase the laptop emails when we were at Denny's [blacked out], my diner."

Comment

I don't think it's the Bidens. I think it's the power behind the Bidens. The "they" he keeps referencing.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You made me smile.

Comment

EGGzackly. Purposely omitting crucial facts is not the same as protecting the source.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I don't think it's the Bidens. I think it's the power behind the Bidens. The "they" he keeps referencing.
                            Now that I think of it, I don't think it's so much protecting Joe than it is protecting the Ukraine narrative. It's not a good face to the Ukraine narrative wherein Joe is sending tens of billions of dollars to a country where Joe was involved in corruption with his son.

Comment

Now that I think of it, I don't think it's so much protecting Joe than it is protecting the Ukraine narrative. It's not a good face to the Ukraine narrative wherein Joe is sending tens of billions of dollars to a country where Joe was involved in corruption with his son.
                              bingo

Comment