Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Hero or Traitor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hero or Traitor?

Arrest of classified documents leak suspect Jack Teixeira met with outrage: 'Incompetence is stunning'

Jack Teixeira had the highest-level security clearance granted by the federal government for top secret information

The arrest of a 21-year-old Air National Guardsman in connection to classified documents that have been leaked online in recent months has been met with outrage as critics wonder how a young man could have such high-level access to national security information.

FBI agents arrested Massachusetts Air National Guardsman Jack Douglas Teixeira on Thursday after U.S. intelligence documents that had critical information about the war in Ukraine and Chinese relations were posted on the chat app Discord. Attorney General Merrick Garland said that Teixeira is being investigated for the "alleged unauthorized removal, retention, and transmission of classified national defense information."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/arrest...tence-stunning
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Some awfully embarrassing (for the powers that be) information got leaked.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Some awfully embarrassing (for the powers that be) information got leaked.
      It looks like the Government has been lying to us about how well the Ukraine forces were doing.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

No, he's not a hero. He was, at best, a showoff. He wasn't leaking to expose information to the population. He was leaking to his clique of friends. The fact that said information started finding its way out onto the internet beyond them and may be embarrassing, doesn't change his actions.

If I go to shoot a random person on the street, miss, and accidentally kill someone about to murder another person...I'm not a hero, I'm a murderer that accidentally did good.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
          No, he's not a hero. He was, at best, a showoff. He wasn't leaking to expose information to the population. He was leaking to his clique of friends. The fact that said information started finding its way out onto the internet beyond them and may be embarrassing, doesn't change his actions.

If I go to shoot a random person on the street, miss, and accidentally kill someone about to murder another person...I'm not a hero, I'm a murderer that accidentally did good.
          So he accidentally did good? I mean now we know that we have Special Forces in country and that Zelenskyy was planning to strike into Russia.

Comment

So why does this guy get the entire FBI showing up at his door arresting him, but Biden has had classified documents stored all over the place and his garage where anyone could have found them and nothing happens to him?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              So why does this guy get the entire FBI showing up at his door arresting him, but Biden has had classified documents stored all over the place and his garage where anyone could have found them and nothing happens to him?
              Well he did have a lot of guns, and had bragged about that fact online. And they did find to guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                Because, as far as we can tell, Biden just had them in storage, poor as it was. That's vastly different than leaking them. It's the difference between a felon owning a firearm and a felon committing armed robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

So he accidentally did good? I mean now we know that we have Special Forces in country and that Zelenskyy was planning to strike into Russia.
                  Honestly, that depends on whether you think the information leaked out was good for the public to know.

Comment

Honestly, that depends on whether you think the information leaked out was good for the public to know.
                    I think that thing about Zelenskyy was important, it could create a wider war. Perhaps now that is off the table. And I don't like our Special Forces in country, that too could lead to a wider war.

Comment

I don't care if what he leaked was true or not. He damaged national security and stole classified information. He should be hanged for treason.
                      That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                        I don't care if what he leaked was true or not. He damaged national security and stole classified information. He should be hanged for treason.
                        It wasn't treason. Treason has a clear definition, and this guy didn't do that crime. Other crimes? Yes, but not treason.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

It looks like the Government has been lying to us about how well the Ukraine forces were doing.
                          Interesting how this is getting reported in the MSM. They spin it as being the report overestimating Ukrainian casualties and loses.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Because, as far as we can tell, Biden just had them in storage, poor as it was. That's vastly different than leaking them. It's the difference between a felon owning a firearm and a felon committing armed robbery.
                            So if he had stolen the classified documents and didn't release them you think he would not have been arrested?

And how do you know nobody got access to Biden's documents? They were stored where anyone could find them. Hunter could have photocopied them even.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                              Hanged? No. Arrested yes. Just like Biden.

Comment