Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Louisville Bank Shooting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louisville Bank Shooting Thread

This thread is to for the Louisville, KY bank shooting. It seems the shooter was a bank employee named Connor Sturgeon and that the police had no prior interaction with the individual. This is primarily a news thread and not another "ban guns in a country I don't live in" or "ban guns in a country of which I am not an expert". Fox is reporting one officer in critical condition and:

Gov. Andy Beshear, speaking at a news briefing alongside city leaders, said Monday that he had a personal connection to the attack.
    P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post
    This thread is to for the Louisville, KY bank shooting. It seems the shooter was a bank employee named Connor Sturgeon and that the police had no prior interaction with the individual. This is primarily a news thread and not another "ban guns in a country I don't live in" or "ban guns in a country of which I am not an expert". Fox is reporting one officer in critical condition and:

Gov. Andy Beshear, speaking at a news briefing alongside city leaders, said Monday that he had a personal connection to the attack.
    I said two or three weeks to the next one in the Nashville thread. Here we are.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Statistically likely events are easy to predict.
      P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

He apparently was live streaming it on Instagram too. Sicko.

Comment

Well he did use pronouns. I wonder what meds he was on....

Connor listed 'he/him' pronouns on his profile and recently praised the bank's leadership program, writing he 'can't recommend this program enough.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...olleagues.html
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            Looked like a totally normal kid. Scary.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Pronouns are staple anymore in "professional" environments. Merely part of "business". More interesting:

The gunman who shot dead four bank employees in a morning raid live-streamed the massacre and left a note to his parents saying he was going to carry out the attack following his firing.

Sturgeon carried out the attack with an AR-15-style assault rifle after earlier making a series of ominous Instagram post including one that said: 'They won't listen to words or protests. Let's see if they hear this.'

So on top off having self-esteem issues as latter described, not only was he getting fired, this seems to have been an intentional "wake-up" call. It's likely the shooter was in favour of gun control and shot up the bank to further his cause, on top of his apparent inability to handle being fired. No red flag law would have covered either of those scenarios.
              P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

And...? Do you want a cookie or a gold star?

Comment

So another AR-15. I wonder how much of that is due to the wacko left hyping it up as the best weapon for a mass shooting?
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Sounds like he had an extensive internet posting history where he mocked conservatives, supported BLM, and posted anti-Republican memes. https://heavy.com/news/connor-sturgeon/

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                      Sounds like he had an extensive internet posting history where he mocked conservatives, supported BLM, and posted anti-Republican memes. https://heavy.com/news/connor-sturgeon/
                      Big Tech circling the wagons agains.
                      P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

Statistically likely events are easy to predict.
                        Yes they are. And it only a fool would think the point of my comment has anything to do with bragging about the capability to do so.
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

And...? Do you want a cookie or a gold star?
                          Again, only a fool would think my comment has anything to do with my capacity to predict the future.

What I would like is for the fools that think fighting against reasonable gun control is somehow noble to realize just how perverse and demented they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            He apparently was live streaming it on Instagram too. Sicko.
                            A sicko that the NRA and those fighting for the right to own guns without any restrictions would sooner give him a gun than promote measures that might actually make a dent in the carnage. A sicko that has gun rights advocates spending their time mocking those who would try to stop him. A sicko that will reappear over and over and over again with a weapon in hand that can shoot a dozen lethal rounds in less that 10 seconds because there is nothing in place to actually make it even moderately difficult for him to get such a weapon within minutes of him choosing to take as many people down with him as he can.

Comment

Apparently that is exactly what experts figure after the MSM gives it saturation coverage. It leads to copycats

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              I watched some of Gutfeld! last night and he made some interesting observations regarding the media's role in these shootings.

Watch the monologue and don't miss Tyrus' comments toward the end.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment