Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Robert F Kennedy Jr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert F Kennedy Jr.

Anyone want to chime in on this guy? I haven't been paying close attention to him in the past few years. I know he's been an anti-vaxxer and was once considered to be a part of Trump's first administration (odd since he is a registered Democrat).

I read this tweet this morning and was amazed to hear this from a Democrat - not to mention a Kennedy. And now he is running for POTUS.

I really hate dynasties, but I would love to see this guy rise to top of the Dem heap.

kennedy.jpg

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
    I read this tweet this morning and was amazed to hear this from a Democrat - not to mention a Kennedy. And now he is running for POTUS.
    That is hard to argue against...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

That is hard to argue against...
      Can you imagine a debate between Kennedy and the vegetable currently in the White House? But Kennedy won't get there on name alone. He is soooooo far away from the mainstream Democratic platform on such things that he will be soundly ignored by the MSM.

Comment

Can you imagine a debate between Kennedy and the vegetable currently in the White House? But Kennedy won't get there on name alone. He is soooooo far away from the mainstream Democratic platform on such things that he will be soundly ignored by the MSM.
        He won't be ignored, he'll be smeared relentlessly. And they'll undoubtedly use the "anti-vax" trope to do it, among other things I'm sure he's said on social media they'll use. The democrat game now is to use law enforcement against their opponents with fake or frivolous investigations and charges.If that doesn't work they have the MSM.

Comment

Anyone want to chime in on this guy? I haven't been paying close attention to him in the past few years. I know he's been an anti-vaxxer and was once considered to be a part of Trump's first administration (odd since he is a registered Democrat).

I really hate dynasties, but I would love to see this guy rise to top of the Dem heap.

kennedy.jpg
          For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Obviously a Putin stooge.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

271eb4fb-e74a-4bf1-b765-a1190e840c30.jpg

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It's a little difficult finding RFK Jr. interviews online, and now I see why. The guy has terrible optics. He fidgets constantly, like he has Parkinson's, and he has a quivery, diminutive voice. He sounds like a nervous Katherine Hepburn.

Ironically, his Uncle John won the presidency based mostly on optics, according to a lot of historians.

Comment

It's a little difficult finding RFK Jr. interviews online, and now I see why. The guy has terrible optics. He fidgets constantly, like he has Parkinson's, and he has a quivery, diminutive voice. He sounds like a nervous Katherine Hepburn.

Ironically, his Uncle John won the presidency based mostly on optics, according to a lot of historians.

Yes, his voice is terribly distracting.
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Yes, his voice is terribly distracting.
                  And his fidgeting too. I don't know if he's just nervous, but it looked like he was about to kick the interviewer. I love what he has to say, he just doesn't say it well.

Comment

And his fidgeting too. I don't know if he's just nervous, but it looked like he was about to kick the interviewer. I love what he has to say, he just doesn't say it well.
                    When it comes to the environment he tends to make AOC look reasonable by comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      When it comes to the environment he tends to make AOC look reasonable by comparison.
                      Oh? Well, he is a Democrat.

I was judging him on his geopolitical position. I'm sure if I studied all that he has to say then I would be running for the hills.

Comment

What voice disorder does Robert F. Kennedy Jr. have?

According to ABC News, Robert F. Kennedy Jr. suffers from "spasmodic dysphonia, a specific form of an involuntary movement disorder called dystonia that affects only the voice box." This is not a life-threatening illness but it can certainly affect one's quality of life.
                        Other people who have it say "losing your voice hits people in their primary, intimate connection to the outside world and affects nearly every aspect of their lives."

In a conversation with Oprah Winfrey for the February 2007 issue of O, The Oprah Magazine, Robert went into detail regarding the rare disorder.
                        "The disease didn't hit me until I was about 43. I used to have a strong voice," he revealed. While it doesn't hurt, it certainly makes life a bit more complicated.
                        In the beginning, his symptoms were slight and came in the form of a "mild tremble for a couple of years." Evidently, they shouldn't worsen, but Robert believes his did.

How does one treat spasmodic dysphonia?

"There's a treatment for it: Botox shots. They put a needle into your voice box every four months," shared Robert.

https://www.distractify.com/p/robert-f-kennedy-jr-voice

Comment

Well, that explains it. It's too bad because such a handicap would certainly tank his chances of rising to the top of his party. And even if I think he is wrongheaded on some issues, the man is thoughtful and intelligent.

Comment

3ea119d9-d73d-4789-8165-efdf384808c9.jpg
                            Which would you rather have?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              3ea119d9-d73d-4789-8165-efdf384808c9.jpg
                              Which would you rather have?
                              To keep this from being OT: If there's a vax for jock itch, does RFK Jr. oppose it?
                              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment