Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Intent to defraud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Did you even read the article? The reason it might go to the supreme court is because the NY law is vague about what the crime the intent is meant to refer to.
    Daisy chaining is the definition of a derail.

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Lawyers all over TV are saying that it has to be a felony in order to raise the initial charge to a felony.
    How about you pick the top two and start your own thread to discuss them.

Further, that the only crime it can even be referring to would be a federal election crime which 1> was never charged and 2> Bragg has no jurisdiction to bring charges to and 3> would not be a violation of NY election laws like he claimed.
    You're as wrong on the facts as you are on the thread topic.

Let's try this with single syllables, maybe that'll work.

Not. This. Thread.

Capiche?

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

Not. This. Thread. I don't like being contradicted. I don't put up with it in class and I won't put up with it here.

Capiche?
      FIFY. n/c

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        FIFY. n/c
        This isn't your thread. You don't determine the thread topic. And you don't get to lie about my personal life to support your derails and the derails of other staff members.

Comment

This isn't your thread. You don't determine the thread topic. And you don't get to lie about my personal life to support your derails and the derails of other staff members.
          You will tell us how well you treat your students.

We can see for ourselves how you treat other posters.

We can of course blindly believe what you say, or we can look and see how you act.

This leaves us with either believing your assertions or believing our own lying eyes.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I'm not sure what the point of this thread is, because it seems any attempt to discuss whether or not the "intent to defraud" charges are, first of all, legally coherent, and second, whether they can actually be proven beyond a reasonable doubt is immediately shutdown by Juvenal.

So... what are we supposed to actually be discussing here?
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              I'm not sure what the point of this thread is, because it seems any attempt to discuss whether or not the "intent to defraud" charges are, first of all, legally coherent, and second, whether they can actually be proven beyond a reasonable doubt is immediately shutdown by Juvenal.

So... what are we supposed to actually be discussing here?
              You can discuss the indictment, but only under Juvenal's terms. That's why he started this thread, in spite of the fact there was already multiple threads about the indictment, so he can pull rank and censor the information he doesn't like. The guy's a little thread nazi, and I'm not sure why you guys even bother with his threads when he's just going to have hissy fits and ban everyone he disagrees with.

Comment

Daisy chaining is the definition of a derail.

How about you pick the top two and start your own thread to discuss them.

You're as wrong on the facts as you are on the thread topic.

Let's try this with single syllables, maybe that'll work.

Not. This. Thread.

Capiche?
                So if we can't discuss what the law IS and ISN'T and what it really means, then what the heck is this thread about? Just agreeing with you? Is that it?

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

You can discuss the indictment, but only under Juvenal's terms. That's why he started this thread, in spite of the fact there was already multiple threads about the indictment, so he can pull rank and censor the information he doesn't like. The guy's a little thread nazi, and I'm not sure why you guys even bother with his threads when he's just going to have hissy fits and ban everyone he disagrees with.
                  That's seems to be about it. If you disagree with Juvenal then you are "off topic"

He kicked me out of the thread, then said he didn't really mean it, then when I posted again, he tells me I am off topic when I directly answered his post.

Done here.

Comment