Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Nashville School Shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    FWICT, the shooter wasn't being treated for anything that would have disqualified her from purchasing a firearm.

An unintended result of that policy might be far fewer people seeking treatment for problems.
    I hear people crying out for some sort of mental health background check, but I haven't seen a clear way it could be implemented. I'm just thinking of solutions this morning with my coffee. Because I'm a solutions guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Machinist View Post

I hear people crying out for some sort of mental health background check, but I haven't seen a clear way it could be implemented. I'm just thinking of solutions this morning with my coffee. Because I'm a solutions guy.
      You're a guy. Period. It's what we do.

It's what pisses off the wimmenfolk when they're sobbing about this or that problem and all they want is someone to listen but we're essentially wired to look for a "solution."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        You're a guy. Period. It's what we do.

It's what pisses off the wimmenfolk when they're sobbing about this or that problem and all they want is someone to listen but we're essentially wired to look for a "solution."
        All that estrogen.

Talking about unintended consequences... the existence of such a database would be one step closer to a "social credit score", like China has.

We would have "psyche scores" generated from a database that's ran by a government agency.

I can't see that this is a viable path forward. Theoretically, it seems like the most straightforward path, but no one thus far has laid out any plan.

And, as you have pointed out, such procedures would not have red flagged this latest shooter.

Comment