Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Fox News revelations in election fraud lawsuit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
    It does indeed and they are available to be read.

My comment was directed to the reference concerning "The Satanic stuff".

These various Satanic panics have never really gone away. The nonsense of Pizzagate has a direct line back to lurid texts such as Michelle Remembers, the hounding and persecution of individuals like the McMartins and sections on television documentaries such 20/20 in 1985 and its report concerning Satanism in all its forms.

Of course the interesting question is that if these Satanists were/are so secretive what was the evidence that they were [to quote the section] "found in all walks of life"?
    So it's normal to have kids playing with goat foetuses? Iirc, "Pizzagate" deals with the Finders, not that I've looked into it. Given the influence of Epstein and what I do know of the Finders, I wouldn't be surprised if it was true.

Before the Epstein issue broke, who knew about it? If you're well connected, being a public figure gives you a platform to dismiss rumors.
    P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post

Destroy the family how? Low wages, illnesses and conditions that bankrupt you, and disowning children seem pretty destructive to the family to me and those seem really important to regressives.

Pushing women into the workplace created a supply of labor and thus would contribute to lowering of wages as women would compete as well for work.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. It's very convenient for you to see the left as your enemy, and it's very convenient for the wealthy as well. The truth requires empathy and nuance, both of which are more difficult than being angry and afraid. Just taking your list for example:

You mean the wealthy that push the WEF agenda? What the funding from Soros and the Open Society Foundation? I assume you ignore those wealthy individuals since you agree with them.

1. HRC is not progressive, progressives dislike her. You are conflating neoliberals with progressives. The Democratic party is not a monolith, but your Republican masters sure want you to see it that way.
      Let's see what actually said:

Progressives favor HRC destroying cellphones and emails

No where did I say HRC was progressive. If Trump had explicitly destroyed evidence in the same manner as HRC factually did, progressives would have absolutely lost their minds (assuming they had any left to lose).

Second, I have no Republican masters as I'm neither a Republican or conservative. I have my agreements with them and I have disagreements. Voting third party, even in multi-party systems, is a wasted vote. Pragmatically, it's best to align electorally with a major party.

2. Guessing at the context, but individual school administrators/employees adding inappropriate materials is not a progressive effort. You are conflating individual actors with progressive causes.
      The Chair of the House Progressive Caucus (Jayapal) also chairs the Transgender Equality Task Force of the Congressional LGBTQ+ Equality Caucus. The i

3. Only a very small minority of people in general care about drag shows, this is a great example of conservative media trying to make suckers see a threat that isn't there. Are drag performers interacting with kids weird? Yes. Is this a threat, a national issue that requires authoritarian policy? Absolutely not.
      Federal issue? Probably not. State's issue? Sure. Assuming there is no-alcohol on premises, should children be legally allowed into a strip club? What about a burlesque show? What about being marketed to go see a burlesque show or be marketed? What would an adult want to preform a burlesque show in front of kids? It's not just about a show, it's about drag pedagogy. Then of course there are those like Gayle Rubin (and others) who sees no issues with adult-minor relationships.

4. CRT has no consistent definition among conservatives so I don't know what you are opposed to or think is a problem. With a generous interpretation this would be the same issues as # 2. It's great for conservative media that it found a monster you can fight that takes whatever form you want. CRT can be the idea that black and white people are equal and deserve equal rights, it can mean that black people are disadvantaged in society compared to white people, it can mean "all white people are racist", whatever makes you the most mad, whatever you can believe.
      Much like #2, it gets into critical (aka Marxist) pedagogy.

5. Trans rights is a bigger issue that requires a lot of detail but in summary this is a medical issue that isn't being treated like a medical issue. Just like #6. I can understand if people think gender dysphoria is over diagnosed but the idea that it's impossible for anyone to be genuinely born with a different gender identity is medically and scientifically ignorant. But it's important for the wealthy that you be completely ignorant of the facts. That way they can make your enemy out to have whatever attributes they want. If one doctor does something bad, that's not a sole actor, all doctors are doing the same thing. If one trans person is regretful about transitioning, then most trans people are regretful. Believe in whatever's most convenient instead of the biology and medical care at work.
      There are people on video explaining how trans individuals are huge money makers. I find it hilarious you complain about "the wealthy" but have no issue with hospitals looking at trans patients with dollar sign eyes. Assuming "gender" is a social construct, one cannot be "genuinely born" with a social construct. That aside, assuming "sex" and "gender" are separate and distinct, then no amount of SRS and HRT would assist in "gender" dysphoria as both SRS and HRT are attempts to be more like a different sex. Being pumped full of drugs, healthy tissue being removed, having an open wound in the goin, and love bombing are hardly "good" for anyone yet that is what is being sold as snake oil medicine. You wouldn't chop off a limb for people who thought they were "trans-abled" ad you wouldn't give ipecac to someone with bulimia. Actual medical care would attempt to have the patient accept reality, not destroy their body to attempt to have reality conform to their delusions. I don't believe anyone who is "trans" is actually happy with the constant reminder that they aren't what they "want" to be with every appointment, with every pill, with every routine. That's why they demand constant affirmation from others.

6. Abortion, also a medical issue not being treated like a medical issue. Even if conservatives think that abortion is murder, it's telling that anti-abortion legislation often requires needless deaths because there was no input by a medical professional. The fact that this was the carrot Republicans have been dangling in front of voters for decades is well known even among conservatives. It's going to be interesting to see how they frame the issue now that red states have their way.
      The MS law is on par with France on abortion legislation and yet the pro-death crowd is up in arms about it. Edit: Democrats even defeated giving abortion survivors federal protection. Survived an abortion? Just put it in room and allow it to die by neglect.

7. Isn't this #6?
      Downs is virtually eradicated from Iceland, Hitler would be proud.

8. Progressives would love to slash the military budget and increase taxes on corporations and the wealthy, that would do well to help with debt. We'd also like to see a lot of government program bloat eliminated so funds can be freed for proven social programs. Seems a lot better then making the middle and working class pay a higher percentage of the nation's taxes year after year!
      As Ukraine is showing, having a "bloated" military budget has its use. Are you saying Progressives would defund the Ukraine war effort? If the military budget was zero, they would still run a deficit for government programs.
      Last edited by Diogenes; 03-10-2023, 10:15 AM.
      P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

So it's normal to have kids playing with goat foetuses?
        Were the children playing? The FBI report states that:

https://vault.fbi.gov/the-finders/th...-02-of-04/view

Another picture showed at least one child showing a goat fetus to someone behind a hand-held camera.

More to the point is anatomy, reproduction, and knowing how meat is obtained, automatically to be deemed inappropriate for young children?

Iirc, "Pizzagate" deals with the Finders, not that I've looked into it.
        Have they been linked to that nonsense?

Given the influence of Epstein and what I do know of the Finders, I wouldn't be surprised if it was true.
        The Finders were not found to be engaged in child abuse and Epstein was not a paedophile. No one would condone the trafficking of young women to have sex with men but those young women were not prepubescent children.

"It ain't necessarily so
        The things that you're liable
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life
        Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Were the children playing? The FBI report states that:

https://vault.fbi.gov/the-finders/th...-02-of-04/view

Another picture showed at least one child showing a goat fetus to someone behind a hand-held camera.

It seems AP was relying on state authorities. If you wish to contend the AP was incorrect, that's fine.

More to the point is anatomy, reproduction, and knowing how meat is obtained, automatically to be deemed inappropriate for young children?

Having adults perform sex in sex ed could be argued to be educational by some people. I can never tell when you're merely being a contrarian or if you even have a genuine bone in your body.

Have they been linked to that nonsense?
          I'd have to revisit some things. It's not something I keep current.

The Finders were not found to be engaged in child abuse and Epstein was not a paedophile. No one would condone the trafficking of young women to have sex with men but those young women were not prepubescent children.
          Epstein also killed himself, right?

Random men had dishevelled kids and the parents are not present, nothing suspicious there.
          P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Pushing women into the workplace created a supply of labor and thus would contribute to lowering of wages as women would compete as well for work.\

You mean the wealthy that push the WEF agenda? What the funding from Soros and the Open Society Foundation? I assume you ignore those wealthy individuals since you agree with them.
            If this is commenting on my mentioning of low wages, that's because income hasn't kept pace with inflation and productivity and this phenomenon began in the 80s. I don't understand the relevancy of whatever you're talking about.

When I talk about the wealthy I'm talking about billionaires and CEOs with inflating salaries and market manipulation. People who have continued to accumulate greater and greater wealth at the expense of everyone else.

Let's see what actually said:

Progressives favor HRC destroying cellphones and emails

No where did I say HRC was progressive. If Trump had explicitly destroyed evidence in the same manner as HRC factually did, progressives would have absolutely lost their minds (assuming they had any left to lose).

Second, I have no Republican masters as I'm neither a Republican or conservative. I have my agreements with them and I have disagreements. Voting third party, even in multi-party systems, is a wasted vote. Pragmatically, it's best to align electorally with a major party.
            The point is that the email controversy was made a huge deal by conservatives when politically relevant to advance the plots of the mega wealthy and tons of Republicans cared deeply about something that ultimately doesn't really matter and they forgot about it when their masters no longer needed to utilize it as a political tactic. I have no idea where you are getting the idea that progressives wanted or were in favor of Hilary's staff destroying a phone.

As long as you vote Republican based on their fear and anger propaganda tactics you have Republican masters in the mega wealthy.

The Chair of the House Progressive Caucus (Jayapal) also chairs the Transgender Equality Task Force of the Congressional LGBTQ+ Equality Caucus. The i
            Okay, so?

Federal issue? Probably not. State's issue? Sure. Assuming there is no-alcohol on premises, should children be legally allowed into a strip club? What about a burlesque show? What about being marketed to go see a burlesque show or be marketed? What would an adult want to preform a burlesque show in front of kids? It's not just about a show, it's about drag pedagogy. Then of course there are those like Gayle Rubin (and others) who sees no issues with adult-minor relationships.
            You don't even seem to know what a drag show is? It's just men wearing women's clothing and playing a character. It doesn't have anything inherently to do with stripping.

There are people on video explaining how trans individuals are huge money makers. I find it hilarious you complain about "the wealthy" but have no issue with hospitals looking at trans patients with dollar sign eyes. Assuming "gender" is a social construct, one cannot be "genuinely born" with a social construct. That aside, assuming "sex" and "gender" are separate and distinct, then no amount of SRS and HRT would assist in "gender" dysphoria as both SRS and HRT are attempts to be more like a different sex. Being pumped full of drugs, healthy tissue being removed, having an open wound in the goin, and love bombing are hardly "good" for anyone yet that is what is being sold as snake oil medicine. You wouldn't chop off a limb for people who thought they were "trans-abled" ad you wouldn't give ipecac to someone with bulimia. Actual medical care would attempt to have the patient accept reality, not destroy their body to attempt to have reality conform to their delusions. I don't believe anyone who is "trans" is actually happy with the constant reminder that they aren't what they "want" to be with every appointment, with every pill, with every routine. That's why they demand constant affirmation from others.
            I can tell from your description of how you think gender dysphoria is treated that you haven't even remotely looked at any viewpoint besides the one your masters are selling you, just as they want. What is the most likely cause of gender dysphoria based on research findings? What is the efficacy of different forms of treatment? What are the best practices for treatment? What does the treatment process look like from the patient's perspective? You don't appear to know the answers to any of these questions, and to be able to answer them is the bare minimum one would need to judge the gender-affirming care. You say that you don't believe anyone who is trans is happy with their treatment. That's not based on scientific data, that's you making a baseless assumption. Unfortunately, facts don't care about your feelings, and there's a reason trans-affirming care is favored by every major professional medial association.

The MS law is on par with France on abortion legislation and yet the pro-death crowd is up in arms about it. Edit: Democrats even defeated giving abortion survivors federal protection. Survived an abortion? Just put it in room and allow it to die by neglect.
            Even if you believe abortion is murder, not having legislation allow for exception due to fatal birth defects or patient health risk is inherently anti-medicine and anti-life. I don't see what this has to do with my point.

Downs is virtually eradicated from Iceland, Hitler would be proud.
            Very different circumstances but your reliance on propaganda has made you incapable of nuance and forces you to make extreme comparisons.

As Ukraine is showing, having a "bloated" military budget has its use. Are you saying Progressives would defund the Ukraine war effort? If the military budget was zero, they would still run a deficit for government programs.
            The Ukraine war effort is an incredibly efficient use of money which is why it's so ironic a lot of conservatives are against it.

Comment

It seems AP was relying on state authorities. If you wish to contend the AP was incorrect, that's fine.
              The FBI files do not mention playing. However, we know that the press can and does like to embellish.

Having adults perform sex in sex ed could be argued to be educational by some people.
              As in the public school classroom sketch in Python's The Meaning of Life?

I can never tell when you're merely being a contrarian or if you even have a genuine bone in your body.
              You wrote:

Firstly, the word playing carries an emotive inference.
              Secondly, what is "normal"? Children in farming communities or in other societies will be familiar with the slaughter of animals.
              Thirdly, to learn that in order to eat meat an animal has to die would seem to be an important lesson to teach children and is more honest than the manner in which many "normal" individuals obtain their meat buy purchasing neatly packaged containers from the chill cabinet at their local supermarket.
              Fourthly, did you never have practical lessons in biology?

I'd have to revisit some things. It's not something I keep current.
              Am I to understand you give Pizzagate some credence?

Epstein also killed himself, right?
              So we were informed although I understand that the inevitable conspiracy theories have sprung up.

Random men had dishevelled kids and the parents are not present, nothing suspicious there.
              Again you need to read those FBI reports.

"It ain't necessarily so
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

If this is commenting on my mentioning of low wages, that's because income hasn't kept pace with inflation and productivity and this phenomenon began in the 80s. I don't understand the relevancy of whatever you're talking about.

It's basic economics that more people in the labor force would increase competition for jobs and thus suppress wage growth.

When I talk about the wealthy I'm talking about billionaires and CEOs with inflating salaries and market manipulation. People who have continued to accumulate greater and greater wealth at the expense of everyone else.
                So you're not talking about people are are actually shaping global public policy like Gates, WEF, and Soros.

The point is that the email controversy was made a huge deal by conservatives when politically relevant to advance the plots of the mega wealthy and tons of Republicans cared deeply about something that ultimately doesn't really matter and they forgot about it when their masters no longer needed to utilize it as a political tactic. I have no idea where you are getting the idea that progressives wanted or were in favor of Hilary's staff destroying a phone.

So a politician destroying records is not a controversy?

As long as you vote Republican based on their fear and anger propaganda tactics you have Republican masters in the mega wealthy.

"As long as you vote X, you have masters Y group". Rather simplistic.

Okay, so?
                It goes to show I'm not conflating individual actors with caucuses and movements.

You don't even seem to know what a drag show is? It's just men wearing women's clothing and playing a character. It doesn't have anything inherently to do with stripping.
                You don't seem to know about critical, queer, and drag pedagogy. If you want to know what's actually happing, I would suggest looking into the whole "It's not going to lick itself" event was. Were at the point of children being encourage to put money into a man's thong.

I can tell from your description of how you think gender dysphoria is treated that you haven't even remotely looked at any viewpoint besides the one your masters are selling you, just as they want. What is the most likely cause of gender dysphoria based on research findings? What is the efficacy of different forms of treatment? What are the best practices for treatment? What does the treatment process look like from the patient's perspective? You don't appear to know the answers to any of these questions, and to be able to answer them is the bare minimum one would need to judge the gender-affirming care. You say that you don't believe anyone who is trans is happy with their treatment. That's not based on scientific data, that's you making a baseless assumption. Unfortunately, facts don't care about your feelings, and there's a reason trans-affirming care is favored by every major professional medial association.

If you think that being constantly drugged, cutting of healthy tissue, constant affirmation by an immediate support group, and engaging in collective social pressure in order to support a delusion is required to be happy, that's a "you" problem. The whole Vanderbilt controversy happened because a doctor spoke at a conference (most likely this one)and explicitly said that top surgery alone could bring in $40,000. You complain about me serving the wealthy when trans people are explicitly being commodified. It's entirely logical that trans individuals are lifelong patients between endocrinologists, psychologists, psychiatrists, surgeons, follow-ups, etc. Affirming a delusion is not medical care. I don't need "masters" to "sell" me anything.

Being constantly drugged in order to "happy" is often regulated to the dystopian novel Brave New World and yet it's now considers "medical care".

Even if you believe abortion is murder, not having legislation allow for exception due to fatal birth defects or patient health risk is inherently anti-medicine and anti-life. I don't see what this has to do with my point.

The MS law allows for elective abortion up to 15 weeks and also allows for abortion after that for cases of severe foetal anomaly or risk to maternal life. The point is you're ignorant of the realities in America.

Very different circumstances but your reliance on propaganda has made you incapable of nuance and forces you to make extreme comparisons.

It is a fact that societal acceptance of aborting Down foetuses in Iceland has virtually eliminated Downs from the island. It is a fact that the first Holocaust in Germany was under the Aktion T4 program in which those who were considered "unworthy of life" due to a physical or mental defect were systematically killed. Having Downs does not make a foetus "unworthy of life". Will they require extra support? Yes. Should they receive extra support? Yes. Is Downs affected by maternal age? Yes. Can older women adopt to avoid aborting a Downs foetus? Yes. Downs is not a "severe foetal anomaly" but rather an inconvenience.

The Ukraine war effort is an incredibly efficient use of money which is why it's so ironic a lot of conservatives are against it.
                Opposition to Ukrainian support is not opposition to the military but rather opposition to US global intervention. The current war in Ukraine is a logical result of a struggle between the West and Russia for control of Ukraine. It's not about supporting democracy but rather a continuation of Cold War proxy nonsense. Ukrainian biolabs cost ~$1.9m USD (2010) to start.
                P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

You don't seem to know about critical, queer, and drag pedagogy. If you want to know what's actually happing, I would suggest looking into the whole "It's not going to lick itself" event was. Were at the point of children being encourage to put money into a man's thong.
                  This misinformation has been peddled on other threads.

From the footage that I have found via Youtube not one of those drag artists was wearing a thong [at least not one that was visible].

I also recall one Twebber confusing a female burlesque dancer [Bella Blue] with a drag artist.
                  Last edited by Hypatia_Alexandria; 03-11-2023, 08:15 AM.
                  "It ain't necessarily so
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

This misinformation has been peddled on other threads.

From the footage that I have found via Youtube not one of those drag artists was wearing a thong [at least not one that was visible].
                    I may be confusing different shows, here's a video where a child actually receives money,

Edit: A child giving money.
                    Last edited by Diogenes; 03-11-2023, 08:26 AM.
                    P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

The FBI files do not mention playing. However, we know that the press can and does like to embellish.

As in the public school classroom sketch in Python's The Meaning of Life?
                      At this point, reality is a sketch.

You wrote:

Yes, I did write that.

Firstly, the word playing carries an emotive inference.
                      Not an answer.

Secondly, what is "normal"? Children in farming communities or in other societies will be familiar with the slaughter of animals.
                      Do the communities slaughter pregnant goats?

Thirdly, to learn that in order to eat meat an animal has to die would seem to be an important lesson to teach children and is more honest than the manner in which many "normal" individuals obtain their meat buy purchasing neatly packaged containers from the chill cabinet at their local supermarket.
                      One does not slaughter a pregnant goat for meat.

Fourthly, did you never have practical lessons in biology?
                      Never with pregnant animals.

Am I to understand you give Pizzagate some credence?

I have no opinion as to the validity of Pizzagate. The Finders had files regarding other locations globally as evidenced by a Treasury report. I find it interesting that it seems Muller of Trump notoriety shut down the Finders investigation and it was kicked to the CIA as there was at least one CIA individual connected to the group and the judge in the Pizzagate case was elevated to SCOTUS.

Again you need to read those FBI reports.
                      I looked over them again, but the vault contains hundreds of individual documents. Found some other sites which lead me to find out mealworms are being piloted in schools in Wales and the Netherlands. Thanks.

P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Not an answer.
                        It addresses your employment of emotive language. The word "playing" suggests an air of frivolity.

Do the communities slaughter pregnant goats?
                        I have no idea but if animals cannot be provided with feed throughout certain seasons I suspect some will be slaughtered even if they are pregnant

One does not slaughter a pregnant goat for meat.
                        Who is this "one"? Are you writing from experience?

And again, that depends on the society and/or the availability of feed. If more than one animal is pregnant it might be decided to keep as many as can be fed and slaughter the rest. It appears from the records that the Finders could not feed either animal through the winter and so both were slaughtered for meat.

Never with pregnant animals.
                        You presumably dissected rats as well as hearts, livers and such like.

I have no opinion as to the validity of Pizzagate.
                        You consider that it might have validity?

The Finders had files regarding other locations globally as evidenced by a Treasury report. I find it interesting that it seems Muller of Trump notoriety shut down the Finders investigation and it was kicked to the CIA as there was at least one CIA individual connected to the group and the judge in the Pizzagate case was elevated to SCOTUS.
                        Are you suggesting some kind of conspiracy?

"It ain't necessarily so
                        To read in the Bible
                        It ain't necessarily so
                        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Goodness me! The cuckoos are calling early this year!
                          rogue06

Sparko

Seeing as I don't know how to feed the troll and need to learn, can either one of you diverge the Conspiracy sub thread or is this too far back?
                          P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

It's basic economics that more people in the labor force would increase competition for jobs and thus suppress wage growth.
                            Except wage stagnation began in the 80s and women joined the workforce in the late 40s/early 50s. They have nothing to do with one another.

So you're not talking about people are are actually shaping global public policy like Gates, WEF, and Soros.
                            It depends on the individual and how much lobbying pressure they're applying and how much control they have over media.

So a politician destroying records is not a controversy?
                            It's a boring controversy. There's no indication that anything especially heinous was being hidden. There were so many other more important things to worry about but instead conservatives only cared about Hilary. How convenient.

"As long as you vote X, you have masters Y group". Rather simplistic.
                            [cite]As long as you vote Republican based on their fear and anger propaganda tactics you have Republican masters in the mega wealthy.[/cite]

It goes to show I'm not conflating individual actors with caucuses and movements.
                            If Fox News reports that Anytown High School has a lesson that asks white students to apologize to black students or there's an inappropriately risque book in the library, they play the story up to make viewers think that all high schools could have the same lesson rather than it being a single teacher being an idiot or that all high school libraries could have that book rather than it being a single librarian not paying attention. This is what I'm talking about with conflation. A handful of stories found after desperately combing the entire country turns into a crusade against an all-powerful oppressive force.

Perfect example of what I just said about conflation.

If you think that being constantly drugged, cutting of healthy tissue, constant affirmation by an immediate support group, and engaging in collective social pressure in order to support a delusion is required to be happy, that's a "you" problem. The whole Vanderbilt controversy happened because a doctor spoke at a conference (most likely this one)and explicitly said that top surgery alone could bring in $40,000. You complain about me serving the wealthy when trans people are explicitly being commodified. It's entirely logical that trans individuals are lifelong patients between endocrinologists, psychologists, psychiatrists, surgeons, follow-ups, etc. Affirming a delusion is not medical care. I don't need "masters" to "sell" me anything.

Being constantly drugged in order to "happy" is often regulated to the dystopian novel Brave New World and yet it's now considers "medical care".
                            Hormone replacement therapy doesn't drug you into a stupor and this gross misunderstanding of the basics is alone enough evidence that you are completely and totally ignorant on the topic. Anyone can utilize the same line of reasoning you're displaying for any prolonged illness. Cancer and auto-immune diseases are moneymakers for hospitals so they intentionally don't treat you appropriately, they prolong your suffering to rake in the cash. If a doctor wants to make money by convincing patients to have an unnecessary surgery they'll become a plastic surgeon or bypass the patient entirely and commit insurance fraud.

The MS law allows for elective abortion up to 15 weeks and also allows for abortion after that for cases of severe foetal anomaly or risk to maternal life. The point is you're ignorant of the realities in America.
                            Okay so? The Tennessee law, for example, has no exceptions.

It is a fact that societal acceptance of aborting Down foetuses in Iceland has virtually eliminated Downs from the island. It is a fact that the first Holocaust in Germany was under the Aktion T4 program in which those who were considered "unworthy of life" due to a physical or mental defect were systematically killed. Having Downs does not make a foetus "unworthy of life". Will they require extra support? Yes. Should they receive extra support? Yes. Is Downs affected by maternal age? Yes. Can older women adopt to avoid aborting a Downs foetus? Yes. Downs is not a "severe foetal anomaly" but rather an inconvenience.
                            There's still a major difference between an abortion for an unconscious fetus and rounding people up and killing them in a gas chamber.

Opposition to Ukrainian support is not opposition to the military but rather opposition to US global intervention. The current war in Ukraine is a logical result of a struggle between the West and Russia for control of Ukraine. It's not about supporting democracy but rather a continuation of Cold War proxy nonsense. Ukrainian biolabs cost ~$1.9m USD (2010) to start.
                            There are many other ways the military spends money that make more sense to cut than Ukraine support.

Comment

There's still a major difference between an abortion for an unconscious fetus and rounding people up and killing them in a gas chamber.
                              Before I even attempt to respond to the rest, how is saying this about Downs individuals any different than saying this about Jews, blacks, or any other group?

If someone advocated that Jewish foetuses were life unworthy of life, they would rightfully be labeled a Nazi and shunned by the world. Why are Downs lives specifically unworthy of life?
                              P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

The problem is that in order to claim something is a lie, you need to show proof of it. All I see are the emails, but I don't see the clips where Tucker and Hannity, for example, were pushing what Sidney Powell was claiming as true, while saying they didn't believe it in private. There were many aspects to the claims of election "rigging" that conservatives were arguing -- some nutty, some not so nutty -- yet there was no universal rigging incident (I know of) they all believed collectively to be true.
                                The lawsuit specially mentions dates, times, and what was represented and said on what show. Also...you can spend a ton of effort saying only true statements that intentionally lead the listener to have the wrong impression. So in that case you didn't technically lie, you just structured the entire conversation to intentionally mislead the person. Both are lies in the practical sense, but not the technical sense. But if you're reduced to technicalities to defend Fox personalities, it's clear where you stand.
                                "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment