Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Boebie goes imprecatory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boebie goes imprecatory

In church, Lauren quotes *part of* Psa. 109, lefties poop their pants.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

I wonder if that was a reference to Biden eventually stepping down. I'm guessing she's reading the writing on the wall like a lot of other people are.

Comment

That "prophecy" has been used on numerous presidents. (But it really fits Biden )
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

She obviously was referring to his days in office, not his life. Her next sentence mentioned impeachment and how Harris was an insurance policy against that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          She obviously was referring to his days in office, not his life. Her next sentence mentioned impeachment and how Harris was an insurance policy against that.
          Probably, but the Psalm would have to be taken out of context to be without a call for the death of the person referred to. If she was simply calling for Biden's removal from office, it was a damnably inappropriate citation.

1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
          Scripture before Tradition:
          but that won't prevent others from
          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

The hordes of leftists that were wishing for Trump's death on social media when he caught covid, yet for some reason they're bent out of shape by a biblical reference that is, at best, debatable.

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

Probably, but the Psalm would have to be taken out of context to be without a call for the death of the person referred to. If she was simply calling for Biden's removal from office, it was a damnably inappropriate citation.
              Especially given Harris will replace him whether impeached or if he is killed/died

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                The hordes of leftists that were wishing for Trump's death on social media when he caught covid, yet for some reason they're bent out of shape by a biblical reference that is, at best, debatable.
                Whataboutism doesn't help much here. Especially if one is a Troo Christian like Boebert.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Whataboutism doesn't help much here. Especially if one is a Troo Christian like Boebert.
                  Even Christians are (IMO unjustifiably) criticizing Boebert when the intent behind the scripture she cited isn't even clear. It shows political tribalism, with one side full of rabid hypocrites and phonies, and is why we can't have nice things in this country anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

Piffle.
                    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Piffle.
                      Hogwash your piffle.

Comment

Even Christians are (IMO unjustifiably) criticizing Boebert when the intent behind the scripture she cited isn't even clear. It shows political tribalism, with one side full of rabid hypocrites and phonies, and is why we can't have nice things in this country anymore.
                        In context, the Psalm as a whole is a personal plea for drastic vengeance for wrongs against the pray-er. I don't think Christians should do that. But I also have no problem with her adopting the language of part of the Psalm to pray for vengeance for wrongs done to the country, and I have no problem with her stopping far short of asking the villain to be killed and his family impoverished.

I do have problems with her Word-Faith theology.

And, I suppose predictably, a few people on NTB's FB page had problems with a woman being allowed to preach.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

In context, the Psalm as a whole is a personal plea for drastic vengeance for wrongs against the pray-er. I don't think Christians should do that. But I also have no problem with her adopting the language of part of the Psalm to pray for vengeance for wrongs done to the country, and I have no problem with her stopping far short of asking the villain to be killed and his family impoverished.

And, I suppose predictably, a few people on NTB's FB page had problems with a woman being allowed to preach.
                          I've always found the psalm in question quite interesting (and ironic)as it shows just how much prayer is indistinguishable from pagan curses/spells

Comment

I get why hypocritical pro-Biden leftists are up in arms, but personally, I'm kind of confused as to why it should be criticized by Christians even if she did mean death. If David, the most venerated hero in the bible (and one whom many believe typifies Christ) used it that way, why can't we? Are we just supposed to ignore the passage because it's not proper social etiquette in our modern times? The Biden admin has clearly shown themselves to be a direct threat to Christians, particularly pro-life advocates.

Comment

I get why hypocritical pro-Biden leftists are up in arms, but personally, I'm kind of confused as to why it should be criticized by Christians even if she did mean death. If David, the most venerated hero in the bible (and one whom many believe typifies Christ) used it that way, why can't we? Are we just supposed to ignore the passage because it's not proper social etiquette in our modern times? The Biden admin has clearly shown themselves to be a direct threat to Christians, particularly pro-life advocates.
                              It kind of goes against the "love your enemies" stuff, and the instructions to pray on behalf of rulers (1 Tim. 2).

OTOH, both Rom. 15:4 and 1 Cor. 10:11 tell us that the stuff recorded in the OT is for our instruction, even though the Mosaic Law and Covenant no longer apply directly. And I'm given to understand that the early church used the Psalms as a sort of prayer manual.

FTR, I do at times practice imprecatory prayer, but not regularly.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment