Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Gorsuch - Go Nuclear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Didn't you already make enough of a fool out of yourself with your claim that Gorsuch almost always votes for the employer over the employee when even a cursory check revealed a much more mixed record especially wrt gender-related claims?
    Well, actually, here's what Starlight actually said:
    Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    He's sided with corporate management against employees 100% of the time,
    You give him far too much credit. He didn't say almost always, he made the outright laughable claim he always did.

As for your fantasy about conservative justices voting in lock step, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Chief Justice Roberts, regarded as a conservative justice, vote in favor of Obamacare being legal? The conservative justices vote together between 85 to 91% of the time whereas the liberals vote as a block around 93 to 96% of the time.
    Hrm... source for these stats? I wouldn't be surprised if they're true, but I'm curious where you got them.

Originally posted by Yttrium View Post
    Kennedy is still my all-time favorite. I'm going to miss him greatly when he leaves.
    I'll miss his Magic 8-Ball too. :(

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      MM is always clear that he is citing breitbart just like you make it clear that you are citing reddit. Both are about equally as reliable.
      The difference is that Starlight never (to my knowledge) creates click bait threads with reddit as a source, nor does he pretend reddit has as much credibility as a serious news outlet.

And I'll take reddit over the tabloid lizard feces that is Breitbart any day of the week.

Comment

Ah. So Kennedy is administrating the oath for Gorsuch. Gorsuch used to be a law clerk for Kennedy. I did not know that. Nice to see Trump heaping praise on Kennedy.
        Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment