Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

OMB derail from Biden dox thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMB derail from Biden dox thread

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    U.S. attorney - reviewing documents marked classified from Joe Biden's Vice Presidency found at Biden think tank

Attorney General Merrick Garland has assigned the U.S. attorney in Chicago to review documents marked classified that were found at the Penn Biden Center for Diplomacy and Global Engagement in Washington, two sources with knowledge of the inquiry told CBS News. The roughly 10 documents are from President Biden's vice-presidential office at the center, the sources said. CBS News has learned the FBI is also involved in the U.S. attorney's inquiry.

The material was identified by personal attorneys for Mr. Biden on Nov. 2, just before the midterm elections, Richard Sauber, special counsel to the president confirmed. The documents were discovered when Mr. Biden's personal attorneys "were packing files housed in a locked closet to prepare to vacate office space at the Penn Biden Center in Washington, D.C.," Sauber said in a statement to CBS News. The documents were contained in a folder that was in a box with other unclassified papers, the sources said. The sources revealed neither what the documents contain nor their level of classification. A source familiar told CBS News the documents did not contain nuclear secrets.

Sauber also said that on the same day the material was discovered, Nov. 2, the White House counsel's office notified the National Archives, which took possession of the materials the following morning.

"The discovery of these documents was made by the President's attorneys," Sauber said. "The documents were not the subject of any previous request or inquiry by the Archives. Since that discovery, the President's personal attorneys have cooperated with the Archives and the Department of Justice in a process to ensure that any Obama-Biden Administration records are appropriately in the possession of the Archives."
    Sure - I'll stir things up a bit. A first set found at some out of the way place might have been accidental. But with a second set showing up in a storage area in his home, IHO, I think there is a non-zero chance there were planted by Trump supporters. Clearly, we have to wait and see. But given who Trump is, and who his people are, I'm going to entertain that as a possibility unless the evidence proves otherwise. I know I would not purposefully take documents of any classification outside a space designed to hold them without following the associated procedures and having the necessary designations that allow one to courier such documents. And I doubt there are many that would. The penalties for doing so (for mere mortals) are far too high.

I will also point out the obvious differences here.

RED

1) Trump took them, by all accounts on purpose.
    2) Trump tried to hide them
    3) The number of documents is 100's
    4) The NA knew about these documents up front, and requested they be returned
    5) Tump's lawyers went so far as to lie about whether all documents had been returned.
    6) Trump's minions have tried to claim he had a 'right' to them

BLUE

1) in each case upon discovery, the NA was notified immediately and they were returned
    2) The number of documents so far is small.
    3) these are documents that have 'been in the wind' for over a decade (This in itself is suspicious. EVERY classified document is tracked and records kept anytime they are moved outside a secured area)
    4) no one in the Biden presidency is trying to make excuses or cover it up, in spite of the fact it presents significant problems for Biden and the prosecution of Donald Trumps purposed and criminal confiscation of 100's of secure documents

Moderated By: Sparko

This thread was created by splitting off-topic posts from another thread. Oxmixmudd did not voluntarily start this thread and is not the "author" of the thread, this post is just the first post in the split thread.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
    Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by Sparko; 02-06-2023, 09:54 AM.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Sure - I'll stir things up a bit. A first set found at some out of the way place might have been accidental. But with a second set showing up in a storage area in his home, IHO, I think there is a non-zero chance there were planted by Trump supporters....
    wow.... I honestly did not see that coming, even from you.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I will also point out the obvious differences here.

RED

1) Trump took them, by all accounts on purpose.
      2) Trump tried to hide them
      3) The number of documents is 100's
      4) The NA knew about these documents up front, and requested they be returned
      5) Tump's lawyers went so far as to lie about whether all documents had been returned.
      6) Trump's minions have tried to claim he had a 'right' to them

BLUE

1) in each case upon discovery, the NA was notified immediately and they were returned
      2) The number of documents so far is small.
      3) these are documents that have 'been in the wind' for over a decade (This in itself is suspicious. EVERY classified document is tracked and records kept anytime they are moved outside a secured area)
      4) no one in the Biden presidency is trying to make excuses or cover it up, in spite of the fact it presents significant problems for Biden and the prosecution of Donald Trumps purposed and criminal confiscation of 100's of secure documents
      I'm sure nobody is surprised that you conveniently omitted yet another obvious difference...

RED
      Trump, as POTUS, had the power to declassify any documents in his possession

BLUE
      Bide, as VPOTUS, had zero power to declassify any documents at all

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Why do you not have a tinfoil hat Smiley?

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Why do you not have a tinfoil hat Smiley?
          smiley tinfoil-hat.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

A first set found at some out of the way place might have been accidental. But with a second set showing up in a storage area in his home, IHO, I think there is a non-zero chance there were planted by Trump supporters.
            Please, please tell me you're joking.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

'even from you'

Yeah - no one is going there in the media either that I know of - and rightfully so. At this point there is no evidence they were planted.

But It's just a little too convenient to me that these documents 'show up' just as the Trump nears his rightful day of reconning for stealing over 300 classified documents and trying to hold onto them. And I don't expect anything here other they feigned shock from the Trump supporters - so you are right where I expected you to be on this.

One difference though, I won't be claiming they WERE planted unless there is actual evidence supporting it. Nor will I be brow beating any of you for being so 'stupid' as to not accept my speculation as fact.

And guess what, unlike most of you on the Trump side, I WILL also look at and try to evaluate any evidence presented by any republican dominated investigation into the matter.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I'm sure nobody is surprised that you conveniently omitted yet another obvious difference...

RED
                Trump, as POTUS, had the power to declassify any documents in his possession

BLUE
                Bide, as VPOTUS, had zero power to declassify any documents at all
                That is because that is irrelevant. He did not declassify the documents, that is why they were still in their enclusures and still retained their portion markings etc. Declassifying a document is not an after the fact comment after you've already left office. Nor is it an off the cuff comment while you are in office.

Comment

'even from you'

Yeah - no one is going there in the media either that I know of - and rightfully so. At this point there is no evidence they were planted.

But It's just a little too convenient
                  The only thing a "little too convenient" here is the documents being discovered just before the midterms, but the discovery being kept secret until the midterms and ensuing runoff were safely past and unable to be hurt by the revelation.
                  to me that these documents 'show up' just as the Trump nears his rightful day of reconning for stealing over 300 classified documents and trying to hold onto them. And I don't expect anything here other they feigned shock from the Trump supporters - so you are right where I expected you to be on this.

One difference though, I won't be claiming they WERE planted unless there is actual evidence supporting it. Nor will I be brow beating any of you for being so 'stupid' as to not accept my speculation as fact.

And guess what, unlike most of you on the Trump side, I WILL also look at and try to evaluate any evidence presented by any republican dominated investigation into the matter.
                  Yeah no, you hinted and implied it which makes you no different than the trumptards like MM who were claiming the same about the Trump documents. Two sides of the same coin.
                  Last edited by Gondwanaland; 01-12-2023, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                    The only thing a "little too convenient" here is the documents being discovered just before the midterms, but the discovery being kept secret until the midterms and ensuing runoff were safely past and unable to be hurt by the revelation.
                    I would expect if they were discovered in November that more likely than not, they were discovered after the midterms themselves. However, given the policy on NOT releasing information about investigations that could influence elections, It's more like official policy rather than 'convenience'.

Yeah no, you hinted and implied it which makes you no different than the trumptards like MM who were claiming the same about the Trump documents. Two sides of the same coin.
                    Oh dear - no different than MM ... that really hurts.

But no, the difference here is that I'm not claiming there is any evidence to support it, nor am I demeaning the intelligence of anyone that does not share my concern.

Comment

'even from you'
                      Well, you're the most partisan individual I know, so....

But you don't hesitate to throw it out there.

But It's just a little too convenient to me that these documents 'show up' just as the Trump nears his rightful day of reconning for stealing over 300 classified documents and trying to hold onto them. And I don't expect anything here other they feigned shock from the Trump supporters - so you are right where I expected you to be on this.

Have I "brow beated" you as "stupid", Jim? Incredibly partisan, yes --- stupid, never even hinted such.

Comment

'even from you'

You don't get it Jim, Trump is off the hook now...
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                          you would expect wrong. Bidens lawyers have already admitted they were discovered on November 2nd. 6 days BEFORE the midterms. Nice try though at defending your boy.
                          YEs, I found that out after I answered you, but with all the complaints about me editing posts too late, I let it be. You'll notice my reply to seer included that information.

The trump stuff was known withon the same week.
                          ??? "The Trump Stuff". Surely you don't mean the fact he held secret documents and was refusing to give them back. That was going on since summer. The FBI raid was August 8th.

you are though. And now you have to explain the "nonzero chance" in light of the documents found in Biden'sown home.
                          Already explained what I needed to explain. I stated a statistical probability, and then found out the actual date was 11/2. Statistics are statistics, Reality is Reality.

Comment

YEs, I found that out after I answered you, but with all the complaints about me editing posts too late, I let it be....
                            Nobody's 'complaining', Jim --- just pointing out the difficulty when we answer one of your posts, only to note that you revised and extended your remarks.

Perhaps I made an impression on you when I noted that you kept revising your attack on my character to make it more and more hateful.

Comment

Sure - I'll stir things up a bit. A first set found at some out of the way place might have been accidental. But with a second set showing up in a storage area in his home, IHO, I think there is a non-zero chance there were planted by Trump supporters....
                              NEWS FLASH!!! This just in! It's not Trump supporters who planted those documents, but liberal Democrats who don't want Biden to run again, so they are purposely sabotaging him!!!!

(yeah, I totally made that up -- I think)

Comment