Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Is the White House trying to hide something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Yeah, this Mike Flynn thing is much ado about nothing. It's just your standard "My client will cooperate with your investigation in exchange for a reduced sentence" legal boilerplate. Basically, his lawyer is simply trying to ensure that nothing Flynn says, or that is said about him, can come back and bite him. People thinking that this will finally be the thing to bring Trump down are only setting themselves up for disappointment.
    You don't know "this Mike Flynn thing is much ado about nothing", because you don't know what he has to say. You and your ilk are obviously prepared to accept any crap that the Trump/Bannon leadership throw at you because you've already decided that whatever it is, no matter how incriminating, will be OK.

Comment

We know the nature of what he's gonna say because the lawyer spends half the letter attacking the russian conspiracy theorists.
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
        Starlight! Apparently you have fallen into grievous error! It has come to our attention that indeed NOT everyone is in facct reporting this. Notably, Mountain Man and Darth Executor have not yet reported this. Thus, you are wrong, incorrect, and lying when you say falsely that everyone is reporting this. Please correct your errors and repent of such terrible misspeaking.
        It's not just that not everyone was literally reporting him, it's that there were sources explicitly contradicting that such an arrangement had been made (in spite of what his lawyer said), idiot.
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
          Apologies, it is merely being reported by at least 36 or so various mainstream ("fake") news organisations (list of links here).

I get that DE and MM had to wait to get their marching orders from Breitbart before being able to agree, but Breitbart are now reporting it too.
          I never visit breitbart except for when someone else links to them. You OTOH probably refresh their homepage obsessively. You've already been caught with your pants down spreading fake news that were already debunked here so it's not like you have room to talk in the first place. I'm almost certainly more up to date and better informed than you are because instead of relying on a partisan aggregator like Reddit I aggregate my own news sources.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
            We know the nature of what he's gonna say because the lawyer spends half the letter attacking the russian conspiracy theorists.
            Well obviously

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
              Well obviously
              When I say the nature, I mean we know he's not gonna confirm their biases.

And no, we have not decided "in advance", we decided there's no evidence of Wh/Russia collusion... because there's no evidence of WH/Russia collusion, and as of the recent wikileaks and walkback by the company that investigated the podesta server, not even any credible evidence that Russia was involved in the hacking at all.

Comment

When I say the nature, I mean we know he's not gonna confirm their biases.

And no, we have not decided "in advance", we decided there's no evidence of Wh/Russia collusion... because there's no evidence of WH/Russia collusion, and as of the recent wikileaks and walkback by the company that investigated the podesta server, not even any credible evidence that Russia was involved in the hacking at all.

Comment

None of them claim Russia "hacked the US election", that's a lie invented by democrats to make people think the Russians were changing voting tallies. What they claimed is that the Russians hacked Podesta's server (not even remotely the same thing) based on an investigation by a private company that is now walking back their report. We then subsequently found out through wikileaks that the CIA can fake who did the hacking and place the blame on countries like Russia and China, making anything they have to say even more suspect. Your case for the most basic part of your stupid conspiracy theory has fallen apart completely, and that's before we even get into the fact that not a single person has so much as been taken into custody, let alone indicted or convicted.

Comment

None of them claim Russia "hacked the US election", that's a lie invented by democrats to make people think the Russians were changing voting tallies. What they claimed is that the Russians hacked Podesta's server (not even remotely the same thing) based on an investigation by a private company that is now walking back their report. We then subsequently found out through wikileaks that the CIA can fake who did the hacking and place the blame on countries like Russia and China, making anything they have to say even more suspect. Your case for the most basic part of your stupid conspiracy theory has fallen apart completely, and that's before we even get into the fact that not a single person has so much as been taken into custody, let alone indicted or convicted.
                    Hey Darth, the point is that Russia, according to all intelligence sources, used many means, including, but not exclusively, hacking, in both the primary and the general elections in order to aid Trump in his bid for the nomination and ultimately for his winning of the Presidency. Now why do you suppose that is? It is also known that Trump was picking up on and using the exact same fake news stories in conjunction with that put out there by Russia. It is also known that Trump and his financial empire, its rise from the ashes in the 90's, is closely tied to the Russian oligarchs, and their money laundering operations, even though he insists he has no ties to Russia. It is also known that his campaign staff includes many members, mostly oligarchs themselves, who are also closely tied to the Russians. And last but not least, it is also very obvious that Trump is working hard to stall the House investigation into the Russian involvment and any possibly ties to it by his campaign. When are you bone heads going to wake up and smell the rat in the White House?

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                      None of them claim Russia "hacked the US election", that's a lie invented by democrats to make people think the Russians were changing voting tallies.
                      What they claimed is that the Russians hacked Podesta's server (not even remotely the same thing) based on an investigation by a private company that is now walking back their report. We then subsequently found out through wikileaks that the CIA can fake who did the hacking and place the blame on countries like Russia and China, making anything they have to say even more suspect. Your case for the most basic part of your stupid conspiracy theory has fallen apart completely,
                      and that's before we even get into the fact that not a single person has so much as been taken into custody, let alone indicted or convicted.
                      We'll see.

Comment

• Liberals like Tassman are so desperate for there to be a Russian conspiracy that they are literally drooling at any scrap or morsel of hope. This is why they now are placing their dreams on Flynn exposing some huge TrumPutin conspiracy. Then when nothing comes of it, they will not admit they were wrong, they will simply concluded that Flynn was lying and covering it all up and desperately hope for the next big break. It is like watching a drowning man grasping at straws. Oops, there goes another straw. Wait, there's one over there!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          Liberals like Tassman are so desperate for there to be a Russian conspiracy that they are literally drooling at any scrap or morsel of hope. This is why they now are placing their dreams on Flynn exposing some huge TrumPutin conspiracy. Then when nothing comes of it, they will not admit they were wrong, they will simply concluded that Flynn was lying and covering it all up and desperately hope for the next big break. It is like watching a drowning man grasping at straws. Oops, there goes another straw. Wait, there's one over there!
                          You mean liberals are now acting as stupid as conservatives usually do with conspiracies like pizzagate and email gate?
                          Blog: Atheism and the City

If your whole worldview rests on a particular claim being true, you damn well better have evidence for it. You should have tons of evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            Liberals like Tassman are so desperate for there to be a Russian conspiracy that they are literally drooling at any scrap or morsel of hope. This is why they now are placing their dreams on Flynn exposing some huge TrumPutin conspiracy. Then when nothing comes of it, they will not admit they were wrong, they will simply concluded that Flynn was lying and covering it all up and desperately hope for the next big break. It is like watching a drowning man grasping at straws. Oops, there goes another straw. Wait, there's one over there!
                            Not a lick of evidence that Trump colluded with the Russians, or that Russia meaningfully influenced the election.

Meanwhile, lots and lots of evidence that Obama and his goons illegally spied on Trump and leaked the information to the public!
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by The Thinker View Post
                              You mean liberals are now acting as stupid as conservatives usually do with conspiracies like pizzagate and email gate?
                              Hillary had a private server and had classified documents on it. That is undisputed. She broke the law and got away with it.

Comment

• That's an absolutely meaningless phrase. The election process consists of people voting, state election officials tallying the votes, electing the state's electors, the electors voting for President, and Congress validating the results of the electors' votes.
                                That's what
                                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment