Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Info suggests Trump associates may have coordinated with Russians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
    I've been reading through JimL's posts.
    I get the vague impression he really doesn't care for Donald Trump.

Don't take my word for it; ask him, I don't want to assume here.
    Naaah. He's like the little boy who pulls on the pigtails of the girl he likes but doesn't know how to say it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I've been reading through JimL's posts.
      I get the vague impression he really doesn't care for Donald Trump.

Don't take my word for it; ask him, I don't want to assume here.
      I would take JimL a lot more seriously if he didn't just automatically 100% of the time, shill for the democrats. He never ever admits that Obama, or Hillary does anything wrong, ever, and never admits that Trump does anything right.

Heck, I am a republican, but even I admit when Trump does something dumb or wrong. I think the missile strike was a dumb move. It puts him in a bad spot. Now that Syria is bombing the same people with conventional weapons what does he do? He can't just say "Oh well it's conventional bombs so killing children with them is OK" and so now he has to find a way to NOT engage deeper without looking like a callous person, or attack and look like he is a war monger. It was a dumb move.

But JimL will never admit that Obama did anything wrong and will go to great lengths to make up excuses for him and Hillary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        Nothing they are accusing him of is illegal. That's the point...
        What is illegal, some say treasonous, is whether Donald Trump's senior advisers colluded with Russia to influence the outcome of the US elections. This is what's under investigation by the FBI. And, it seems that there is sufficient reason to warrant such an investigation. Certainly, there are a surprising number of Trump associates with close connections to Putin, the oligarchs and Russian banks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
          What is illegal, some say treasonous, is whether Donald Trump's senior advisers colluded with Russia to influence the outcome of the US elections. This is what's under investigation by the FBI. And, it seems that there is sufficient reason to warrant such an investigation. Certainly, there are a surprising number of Trump associates with close connections to Putin, the oligarchs and Russian banks.
          And yet after nearly eight months of intensive investigations even the New York Times which has been at the forefront of pushing this allegation has admitted that there just isn't any corroborating evidence although they demand that the probes continue just in case that one day something eventually just might turn up. It's starting to resemble an insistence that charges of the moon landings being a hoax continue to be thoroughly investigated just in case evidence eventually emerges that supports the claim.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            And yet after nearly eight months of intensive investigations even the New York Times which has been at the forefront of pushing this allegation has admitted that there just isn't any corroborating evidence although they demand that the probes continue just in case that one day something eventually just might turn up.
            To the best of my knowledge, is not kept informed by the FBI as to how their investigation into Trump/Russian collusion is progressing. But, what we DO know is, it's still progressing.

It's starting to resemble an insistence that charges of the moon landings being a hoax continue to be thoroughly investigated just in case evidence eventually emerges that supports the claim.

Comment

• Trump did it, Tassman.
              He worked with the Russian government to fix the election.

I see that now.
              Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Trump did it, Tassman.
                He worked with the Russian government to fix the election.

I see that now.
                Does this qualify as an epiphany?

Comment

• There's quite a lot of solid evidence suggesting that the allegations are anything but bogus.

But you already know this, so you're just being willfully ignorant at this point.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

What is illegal, some say treasonous, is whether Donald Trump's senior advisers colluded with Russia to influence the outcome of the US elections.
                    It's simply not illegal to engage in negative propaganda. What they are desperately looking at now is if the Trump campaign had anything to do with Russia's alleged hacking of Podesta's emails. THAT would be illegal.

This is what's under investigation by the FBI. And, it seems that there is sufficient reason to warrant such an investigation.
                    They have found nothing credible that links the Trump campaign to anything illegal, i.e. the hacking. That's all they are looking for at the moment. The propaganda part is simply not illegal.

Certainly, there are a surprising number of Trump associates with close connections to Putin, the oligarchs and Russian banks.
                    And they are looking at them for anything that could be construed as pay-for-play or bribery. So far, they have found nothing, but have ruined a few careers just with their allegations.
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                      Now that our government is controlled by the Russians what are we going to do?
                      I'm going to hide Bibles.
                      Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                        It qualifies as sarcasm.

Comment

To the best of my knowledge, is not kept informed by the FBI as to how their investigation into Trump/Russian collusion is progressing. But, what we DO know is, it's still progressing.
                          The FBI has been leaking like a sieve for several years now (look at all the stuff constantly being released by them about Hillary as just one of many examples) and they have no love for Trump. If there was anything there they would have let something out other than the investigation is still progressing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            There's quite a lot of solid evidence suggesting that the allegations are anything but bogus.

But you already know this, so you're just being willfully ignorant at this point.
                            What the left is relying on is a strict, technical definition for "wiretap" rather than its colloquial usage. There no longer is a shadow of a doubt that high up officials in the Obama Administration "unmasked" or revealed the names of people involved in conversations and then leaked them to the press.

Comment

What the left is relying on is a strict, technical definition for "wiretap" rather than its colloquial usage.
                              Yep. They've basically said, "Trump is lying! We didn't wiretap him, we just clandestinely monitored his communications!"

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

The FBI has been leaking like a sieve for several years now (look at all the stuff constantly being released by them about Hillary as just one of many examples) and they have no love for Trump. If there was anything there they would have let something out other than the investigation is still progressing.
                                DO know is that the FBI enquiry is still progressing and that there are an ever expanding number of Trump associates with links to Russia.

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                What the left is relying on is a strict, technical definition for "wiretap" rather than its colloquial usage.
                                It's the word Trump himself used, but I agree, one can't rely on anything Trump says.

There no longer is a shadow of a doubt that high up officials in the Obama Administration "unmasked" or revealed the names of people involved in conversations and then leaked them to the press.
                                In fact, there is no evidence that Susan Rice acted improperly. This is just another attempt of Trump trying to "prove" his lies.

Comment