Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Attack on power grid in North Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they were orchestrated by an alphabet soup agency. Small targets are suspicious.
    That's a firm possibility, being that they were warning about such attacks beforehand. I'd put my money on climate change eco-terrorists, similar to the kind that have been going around defacing paintings and whatnot.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

That's a firm possibility, being that they were warning about such attacks beforehand. I'd put my money on climate change eco-terrorists, similar to the kind that have been going around defacing paintings and whatnot.
      If a group claimed credit, ecoterrorism may be the case. Given that the FBI is the subject of the Twitter Files, the FBI needs a good PR event. Small scale events that aren't claimed would do the trick.
      P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

If a group claimed credit, ecoterrorism may be the case. Given that the FBI is the subject of the Twitter Files, the FBI needs a good PR event. Small scale events that aren't claimed would do the trick.
        If we assume it's eco-terrorism, the objectives would be different than defacing public property. Defacing public property would be for the purpose of sending a message, thus the objective is attention-seeking.

Taking out power grids would be better achieved incognito for two reasons: a) Taking out power grids has a direct positive effect on climate change (or so they believe), and less authorities know who's doing it, the better you can achieve this task without investigations impeding it; b) You can blame LGBTQ "rightwing extremists," so you have the added political benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
          The Dark Ages are returning...
          Keep your wicks trimmed and the clay lamps full.

Comment

Let's see. No one has been arrested for these attacks. If this was in a drunken rage as previously posted, I think there would have been an arrest by now. Drunks generally don't cover their tracks very well.

We seem to be left that these are planned attacked by someone. I'm guessing they have good discipline to not boast about what they've done. So, this is a group that doesn't want attention to their cause. This seems to eliminate eco-terrorist as when they've done other acts, they have no problems taking credit.

I'm left with a group trying to destabilize the US. This seems to ring more true since it's happened in multiple states. Could be foreign or domestic or a part of the Federal government trying to increase its power.

Not good anyway I look at this.
            "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment