Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Transgender activists clash with NYPD during ‘Let Women Speak’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Are they?
    Generally speaking, yes. There are outliers, to be sure, but overall, they are a similar group
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Are they?
      Yes. You are in a minority for opposing trans men take things from biological women among those on the left.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

Generally speaking, yes. There are outliers, to be sure, but overall, they are a similar group
        Are they?
        ​​​​​​​
        Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Yes. You are in a minority for opposing trans men take things from biological women among those on the left.

Am I?

"It ain't necessarily so
        The things that you're liable
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life
        Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Are they?
          ​​​​​​​

Am I?
          Yes.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

These transwomen are biological men and it seems to be transwomen and their supporters who are making the most noise with their demands to be permitted into women only fora or situations, while across large swathes of feminism these same groups have become the dominant voice.
            The most loudly outspoken person I have talked to directly on the issue is biologically female, but calls herself "nonbinary". I tried to politely point out the contradictions in some of her stated positions, but that was met with condescension* and a hurling of rather dishonest weblinks. I had asked how a man born only with male organs could get pregnant, and they linked to an intersex person with infertile male sex organs being impregnated through invitro fertilization. I think she just threw out that link without reading it thoroughly because it matched her beliefs.

*She basically acted like I didn't know that there have been people who have wanted to change their sex throughout history, and that intersex people exist. Neither of which addressed the points I was making. Namely that "Gender identity" ideology causes more confusion than ever, and that if gender and sex are truly distinct in the way they claim then it makes no sense for a transwoman to berate a lesbian for not wanting to date them. Even if I were to accept gender is distinct from sex, which I don't, then the two are still not the same sex. Therefore the lesbian would not be in a homosexual relationship if they were together regardless of "identity".

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

The most loudly outspoken person I have talked to directly on the issue is biologically female, but calls herself "nonbinary". I tried to politely point out the contradictions in some of her stated positions, but that was met with condescension* and a hurling of rather dishonest weblinks. I had asked how a man born only with male organs could get pregnant, and they linked to an intersex person with infertile male sex organs being impregnated through invitro fertilization. I think she just threw out that link without reading it thoroughly because it matched her beliefs.

*She basically acted like I didn't know that there have been people who have wanted to change their sex throughout history, and that intersex people exist. Neither of which addressed the points I was making. Namely that "Gender identity" ideology causes more confusion than ever, and that if gender and sex are truly distinct in the way they claim then it makes no sense for a transwoman to berate a lesbian for not wanting to date them. Even if I were to accept gender is distinct from sex, which I don't, then the two are still not the same sex. Therefore the lesbian would not be in a homosexual relationship if they were together regardless of "identity".
              Hence my remark "and their supporters".

"It ain't necessarily so
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Hence my remark "and their supporters".
                The vast majority on the left over here who are supporting this are biological women. While those identifying as trans have increased* due to increased acceptance the amount of women accepting this is now far higher than the increase seen in men. According to The Guardian 70-80% of the people being referred to such centers now are biologically female. The few biological women on the left who do stand up against this are labelled "TERF's" or "Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminists". In the political landscape they are currently an extreme minority.

*4,000% higher which is astronomically higher than any other group that has seen a change in acceptance. This kind of surge in numbers is unprecedented.

Comment

Are they?
                  ​​​​​​​
                  They tend to be, yes.

Am I?
                  Yes, most definitely.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    So, Women's rights? Trans rights? When they clash, who do you back?
                    And why do the Trans individuals have to be so loud and obscene?

Transgender activists clash with NYPD during ‘Let Women Speak’

Transgender rights activists clashed with authorities in New York City on Monday during a protest against a "Let Women Speak" event, which they claim incites hatred against the transgender community.

The clashes unfolded at City Hall Park, near City Hall in Manhattan, the New York Police Department told Fox News Digital. A police spokesperson said nine people were arrested and would most likely be given a summons and released.

Monday's event was part of the "Let Women Speak" tour being led by Kellie-Jay Keen, a British women’s rights campaigner. The tour is being hosted in several cities and is intended to give women the chance to speak about the effects of gender identity ideology.
                    Kellie upsets transgender rights folks in a big way.
                    thus:

Kellie-Jay Keen-Minshull, also known as Posie Parker, is a British anti-trans activist, founder of the group Standing for Women, and a special advisor to the Women's Liberation Front.
                    Other names: Posie Parker
                    Known for: Anti-transgender activism
                    Nationality: British
                    Kellie-Jay Keen-Minshull - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Kellie-Jay_Keen-Minshull

Comment

Originally posted by eider View Post

thus:

Kellie-Jay Keen-Minshull, also known as Posie Parker, is a British anti-trans activist, founder of the group Standing for Women, and a special advisor to the Women's Liberation Front.

"It ain't necessarily so
                      To read in the Bible
                      It ain't necessarily so
                      ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

thus:

I'd say it would be far more accurate and honest to list her as a woman's rights activist.

Comment

Your just one "allegedly" away from being able to posit

f8179b23-329a-453e-8851-df35b70297a3.jpg

Comment

She's speaking at some right wing venues because the left refused to allow her a venue because she is "transphobic". They have labelled her, J.K. Rowling, and many others as "TERF's" for not buying into the gender identity movement and standing for women's rights.

Comment

thus:

So, she stands up for women over men who "pose" as women? There was a time when liberals were very much "pro woman".
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

So, she stands up for women over men who "pose" as women? There was a time when liberals were very much "pro woman".
                                When a culture is all about being anti-traditional family, they are really anti-woman, no matter how much they proclaim otherwise. And the truth eventually comes out.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment