Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump's national security failures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Sorry, but this is nothing like Hillary using an illegal and unsecured private server to traffic state secrets, ...

trump server.PNG

Source: http://www.newsweek.com/trump-emails-rnc-reince-priebus-white-house-server-548191

was hacked during the 2016 race

© Copyright Original Source

Poll: Trump voters OK with a private email server

My, how quickly we change our minds when it's the guy we like.

#LockHimUp!
    #LockHimUp!
    #LockHimUp!
    #LockHimUp!
    Blog: Atheism and the City

If your whole worldview rests on a particular claim being true, you damn well better have evidence for it. You should have tons of evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Not fair. They have jobs. Protesting for money.
      im-not-saying-its-fake-but-its-fake.jpg

If your whole worldview rests on a particular claim being true, you damn well better have evidence for it. You should have tons of evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by The Thinker View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]21141[/ATTACH]

Source: http://www.newsweek.com/trump-emails-rnc-reince-priebus-white-house-server-548191

#LockHimUp!
        #LockHimUp!
        #LockHimUp!
        #LockHimUp!
        The RNC email accounts are for RNC business!!! NO official government business will be conducted on them, and if they do any, fire them too.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
          The RNC email accounts are for RNC business!!! NO official government business will be conducted on them, and if they do any, fire them too.
          The only reason to keep active RNC emails would be to avoid scrutiny. And yes, it got hacked.

But hey, about half of Trump supporters are ok with private email servers now. So why complain?

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21141[/ATTACH]

#LockHimUp!
            #LockHimUp!
            #LockHimUp!
            #LockHimUp!
            Just like you and I and every other person on the internet, government officials have several different email accounts for different purposes. The problem with Hillary was she was using a private server for official business. If Trump or any Republicans use their RNC or other emails to classified government business, I will be right there with you with my pitchfork and torch

Comment

The only reason to keep active RNC emails would be to avoid scrutiny.
              It's to do RNC business that isn't related to Government responsibilities. Kind of like my TWeb responsibilities are not linked to my .mil email address.

And yes, it got hacked.
              You'd be surprised at how much actually does get "hacked". People are the weakest link in Cyber Security.

But hey, about half of Trump supporters are ok with private email servers now. So why complain?
              When you actually know what you are talking about, and the questioner isn't framing the question deceptively, then - and ONLY then - will that response matter.
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

It's starting to look like the security leaks may implicate Obama himself since he and his administration maintained lax measures to ensure the information got out. This is pretty damn close to straight up treason.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...p-russia-info/
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                  It's to do RNC business that isn't related to Government responsibilities. Kind of like my TWeb responsibilities are not linked to my .mil email address.

When you actually know what you are talking about, and the questioner isn't framing the question deceptively, then - and ONLY then - will that response matter.
                  It does. See above. It it the case that you and other conservatives will just turn a blind eye when your team does it too? Or will you be as equally furious when team Trump does what team Clinton did?

Comment

This happened while he was governor of Indiana. And now for the money quote:

"Indiana law does not prohibit public officials from using personal email accounts, although the law is generally interpreted to mean that official business conducted on private email must be retained for public record purposes."

Furthermore, a spokesman for Pence noted that any comparisons to Hillary are absurd because Pence "didn't deal with federally classified information as governor."

Comment

This happened while he was governor of Indiana. And now for the money quote:

"Indiana law does not prohibit public officials from using personal email accounts, although the law is generally interpreted to mean that official business conducted on private email must be retained for public record purposes."

Furthermore, a spokesman for Pence noted that any comparisons to Hillary are absurd because Pence "didn't deal with federally classified information as governor."

If it were in any way classified the newspaper would never have gotten them through a public records request. Governor's emails are always available to the public (except classified of course) - I have a legal program that I use for culling through emails, and the sample set of data is all of Governor Jeb Bush's emails from Florida. Want to know something about Jeb Bush? I can search through everything he ever sent or received. It is not a big deal. Most of it is "how are the kids, Fred? Great I look forward to seeing you next week" - in other words the type of crap everyone sends to people in email.

Comment

Liberals seem to studiously ignore the fact that it wasn't Hillary using private email that was the problem, it was fact that her server was secret, unsecured, used to traffic Federally classified information, and that a great deal of that classified information almost certainly made its way into the hands of foreign governments.

Comment

Liberals seem to studiously ignore the fact that it wasn't Hillary using private email that was the problem, it was fact that her server was secret, unsecured, used to traffic Federally classified information, and that a great deal of that classified information almost certainly made its way into the hands of foreign governments.
                          yep. in their narrative the right only complained because it was a private server. If she used a private server for non classified info, it would be no problem at all.

And Yahoo or whatever Pence used, was not even a PRIVATE server. It was a civilian server but I bet yahoo has a heck of a lot more security on it than Clinton's server did.

Comment

And don't forget the cover up attempts and constant lying about it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yes, bad on her. But to my knowledge it wasn't hacked.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                yep. in their narrative the right only complained because it was a private server. If she used a private server for non classified info, it would be no problem at all.

And Yahoo or whatever Pence used, was not even a PRIVATE server. It was a civilian server but I bet yahoo has a heck of a lot more security on it than Clinton's server did.
                                Pence used AOL. And it might be more secure, though his email did get hacked, and Hillary's wasn't.

At least there's no evidence so far that it has been according to the FBI.

Comment