Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump's national security failures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Look, you guys have been flogging this dead horse for months. Surely if there was anything to this Russian narrative then something, anything concrete would have been discovered by now. Instead it's just the same old rumors, the same old "unnamed sources", the same old fake dossiers, the same old unfounded speculation that liberals have been hyperventilating about since last October, all fed to gullible idiots like you by the same media that served you phony polls saying that Hillary was practically guaranteed to win the election.
    Well no! The issue is far from resolved, the investigation is ongoing.

It's time to leave your liberal fantasy world and join the rest of us here in the real one.
    http://www.people-press.org/2017/02/...ply-polarized/

Comment

Polls

You'd think you guys would have learned your lesson by now, but apparently not.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I hear Trump is going to make Julian Assange his national security advisor.

Comment

Polls

President Trump Job Approval
          Friday, February 17
          Rasmussen Reports
          Approve 55, Disapprove 45
          Approve +10
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
            President Trump Job Approval
            Friday, February 17
            Rasmussen Reports
            Approve 55, Disapprove 45
            Approve +10
            Polls

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
              Polls

My point exactly. None of them can be trusted. But hey...keep citing approval rating polls like they matter. It's rather humorous to those of us who watched your side piss their pants on election night because... polls!!
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Polls

More unintentional irony.

"The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                  My point exactly. None of them can be trusted. But hey...keep citing approval rating polls like they matter. It's rather humorous to those of us who watched your side piss their pants on election night because... polls!!
                  Keep ignoring them as if they don't matter. They do. The polls weren't off by much in the election, Hillary won by 3 million votes nationally, just as the polls predicted, and the purple states she ended up losing, which cost her the electoral college, were always tight in the polls. Its not an exact science, and there is always a small margin of error, but they are way more often right in the aggregate than they are wrong. Dewey lost to Truman also, remember? It happens.

Comment

Keep ignoring them as if they don't matter. They do.
                    No they don't.

The polls weren't off by much in the election,
                    They were off so much that several went on record saying they needed to reconsider their methodology.

Hillary won
                    No she didn't. Trump won.

by 3 million votes nationally,
                    Which doesn't matter at all.

just as the polls predicted,
                    No. The majority of national polls routinely had her up by 4-6%, which is far more than the .5% that she actually received. They also gave her routinely an 80-85% chance of winning.

and the purple states she ended up losing, which cost her the electoral college, were always tight in the polls.
                    2 days before the election, Clinton was up by 5 in Michigan and 8 in Wisconsin. 3 days before, Clinton was up by 4 in Pennsylvania.

Its not an exact science, and there is always a small margin of error,
                    Yet the "within our margin of error" is usually a footnote in their proclamation of their results.

but they are way more often right in the aggregate than they are wrong.
                    They have not fared so well in the last few years.

Dewey lost to Truman also, remember? It happens.
                    Different era.
                    That's what
                    - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                      Keep ignoring them as if they don't matter. They do. The polls weren't off by much in the election, Hillary won by 3 million votes nationally, just as the polls predicted, and the purple states she ended up losing, which cost her the electoral college, were always tight in the polls. Its not an exact science, and there is always a small margin of error, but they are way more often right in the aggregate than they are wrong. Dewey lost to Truman also, remember? It happens.
                      Wrong, Jimmy. The polls were so far off that Hillary supporters were literally stunned when Trump stomped all over her on election night. There are reports of Hillary campaign staffers throughout the country who were so certain of a win that after seeing early exit polls, they broke open bottles of champaign to celebrate, but of course the celebration didn't last long. Search YouTube for "crying hillary supporters" and witness their utter despair and confusion as state after state went to Trump. Truth be told, even Trump wasn't sure he could win until his own internal polling team explained the flaws in the methodology being used by the mainstream media. Then there's Hillary who was so gob-smacked by her loss that she couldn't even bring herself to make a concession speech on the night of the election.

To claim that everybody thought the election was toss-up is revisionist history at its best.

Comment

Wrong, Jimmy. The polls were so far off that Hillary supporters were literally stunned when Trump stomped all over her on election night. There are reports of Hillary campaign staffers throughout the country who were so certain of a win that after seeing early exit polls, they broke open bottles of champaign to celebrate, but of course the celebration didn't last long. Search YouTube for "crying hillary supporters" and witness their utter despair and confusion as state after state went to Trump. Truth be told, even Trump wasn't sure he could win until his own internal polling team explained the flaws in the methodology being used by the mainstream media. Then there's Hillary who was so gob-smacked by her loss that she couldn't even bring herself to make a concession speech on the night of the election.

To claim that everybody thought the election was toss-up is revisionist history at its best.
                        Nope, just not true. It is true that most people thought that Hillary would win, mostly because she had more ways than Trump had for getting there. Trump won because he succeeded in the only way that he could, which was to win all of those tight races in the purple states. It is because the races were so close in those states that though Trump ended up eking them out, Hillary still won the national vote by 3 million. How people were reacting to the polls which did look to be in Hillary's favor is of no consequence, those purple states could still have gone either way, and they ended up going for Trump. But to argue that the polls were way off and that therefore polls are worthless is just wishful thinking. Trump has an unfavorable poll right now of around 55%, rasmussen of course being an outlier which it always is because it is a biased poll, and that is a huge number for any newly elected president this early in his term.

Comment

When the election night news coverage began most of the pundits were already crafting Trump's political obituary. Ironically Trump's path to victory was a route that nobody, even Trump's supporters brought up, namely winning in Wisconsin.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            When the election night news coverage began most of the pundits were already crafting Trump's political obituary. Ironically Trump's path to victory was a route that nobody, even Trump's supporters brought up, namely winning in Wisconsin.
                            The thing is, the polls weren't wrong because the pollsters didn't know any better. They were wrong because the polls were deliberately skewed hard in Hillary's favor by oversampling Democrats and arbitrarily lumping independents into the "Will vote for Hillary" column. I believe the Democrat party uses the term "weaponized polling" to describe this tactic of using rigged polls to try and energize Democrat voters and discourage Republicans. Unfortunately for them, it backfired "bigly".

Comment

Trump has an unfavorable poll right now of around 55%...
                              It hasn't changed since the election, so nothing he's done has made him less favorable.
                              That's what
                              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I love how JimL misremembers the whole poll fiasco.

or maybe Darfius is right about the Mandela Effect after all?

Comment