Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Betsy DeVos Disaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    FF's fears seem reasonable to me.
    Birds of a feather and all...

DeVos is on record as holding Creationist beliefs
    So? The SCOTUS already declared it was not constitutional to teach it in public schools, so there is nothing to worry about, is there? Like Trump's misnamed "Muslim ban", any attempt to change it will meet with lawsuit after lawsuit.

and wanting less oversight of charter schools.
    In what way?

And we know from the Dover fiasco that Creationists are prepared to perjure themselves in order to push their religious ID agenda, so strongly do they feel about it.
    How'd that turn out again?

So yes, DeVos is entirely the wrong choice for education secretary.
    No she isn't. She is just as capable as Bill Clinton's choice was.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

She's in.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I have no idea who Devos even is. Never even heard of her until this thread started.

I don't know if she is a good choice or a bad one. But if it is ticking off people like Starlight and FirstFloor, she has my vote! Pretty much the same reason I voted for Trump. Stir the pot. Change the status quo. Things can't get any worse than they were under Obama.

So far Trump is living up to his promises and doing exactly what the conservatives want him to do. So I think I approve of this DeVos lady just because Trump picked her.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I have no idea who Devos even is. Never even heard of her until this thread started.
          All you have to know is that she's not controlled by the teachers unions.

I don't know if she is a good choice or a bad one. But if it is ticking off people like Starlight and FirstFloor,
          THAT is icing on the cake!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            All you have to know is that she's not controlled by the teachers unions.

THAT is icing on the cake!
            0000000000000tu.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I don't know if she is a good choice or a bad one. But if it is ticking off people like Starlight and FirstFloor, she has my vote! Pretty much the same reason I voted for Trump. Stir the pot. Change the status quo. Things can't get any worse than they were under Obama.

So far Trump is living up to his promises and doing exactly what the conservatives want him to do. So I think I approve of this DeVos lady just because Trump picked her.
              So brave and loyal to overlook the utter reckless incompetence of that buffoon given that the majorities of Americans view Trump unfavourably.

Comment

So brave and loyal to overlook the utter reckless incompetence of that buffoon given that the majorities of Americans view Trump unfavourably.
                According to the most recent Reuters poll more view him favorably than unfavorably (50.1% to 47.3% with 2.7% having "mixed feelings"). This agrees with the Rasmussen daily tracking poll that has his favorability at 53% and his unfavorability at 47%. OTOH, Quinnipiac has it at 51% disapproving and 43% approving with a 6% undecided. An old rule in polling states that the larger the undecided rate in a poll of this nature the poorer the quality of the polling.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  According to the most recent Reuters poll more view him favorably than unfavorably (50.1% to 47.3% with 2.7% having "mixed feelings"). This agrees with the Rasmussen daily tracking poll that has his favorability at 53% and his unfavorability at 47%. OTOH, Quinnipiac has it at 51% disapproving and 43% approving with a 6% undecided. An old rule in polling states that the larger the undecided rate in a poll of this nature the poorer the quality of the polling.
                  http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...inues-to-slidehttp://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...president-ever

Comment

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ..._index_history

Total Approve: 53%
                    Total Disapprove: 47%
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                      http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ..._index_history

Total Approve: 53%
                      Total Disapprove: 47%
                      Rasmussen is a conservatively biased pollster so it is no surprise that conservatives so often use it to support their agendas. Nate silver who analizes pollsters found Rasmussen to be politically biased.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        Rasmussen is a conservatively biased pollster so it is no surprise that conservatives so often use it to support their agendas. Nate silver who analizes pollsters found Rasmussen to be politically biased.
                        And Politico isn't?? Keep believing those polls. They predicted the Presidential Election SO well...
                        That's what
                        - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                          And Politico isn't?? Keep believing those polls. They predicted the Presidential Election SO well...
                          Rasmussen had Trump leading practically throughout the campaign right up until election day where they reversed and predicted a Clinton electoral college win 322 to 216. Which is just the reverse of what actually took place. So they are obviously biased and have no credibility.

Comment

Rasmussen had Trump leading practically throughout the campaign right up until election day where they reversed and predicted a Clinton electoral college win 322 to 216. Which is just the reverse of what actually took place. So they are obviously biased and have no credibility.
                            And others had Clinton winning the EC by a landslide, so they have none either.
                            That's what
                            - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Who isn't?
                              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Has someone switched the Tassbot to "Random Soundbite" mode?

Comment