Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Leftists Riot Because Of "Speech" - Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I guess Starlight cannot show that anything is wrong with Adrift's knowledge of French History as stated here
    Originally posted by Adrift View Post
    I wish you would stop with this tired trope. Both left and right have been historically hierarchical and authoritarian. During the French Revolution where the concept of "left" and "right" derive, the "Left-wing" Jacobins, while anti-monarchy, were responsible for the authoritarian Reign of Terror. Stop with the historical revisionism that sees the "Left" as the good guys, and the "Right" as the bad guys. That's not how it went down. The desire for power is a people thing, not a left/right thing.
    when I praised Adrift for his answer to Starlights mistake about the french history who the good and bad guys were they both were bad.
    Starlight said this
    Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    No, terribly said. Adrift's post is all kinds of false and I considered going through it and explaining all the problems with it, but decided there was no point as he's not a person who's interested in being corrected or in reality.
    Starlight it is time for you to show us how much more you know about French History. Or is your stated reason about Adrift is not interested in being corrected you looking at your mirror and transferring your failing on to him.

do tell us what is wrong with ADrift's knowledge of French History Starlight since you are so much more intune all knowledge then anyone else.
    Last edited by RumTumTugger; 02-08-2017, 01:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Oh my, you're not doing any better giving a straight answer than Jimmy. But this is typical of liberals and atheists when they realize that a straight answer will drive a stake through the heart of their argument.

Do you or do you not believe that the power of government should be used to compel its citizens to violate their core values? Everything you and Jimmy and Dimbulb have been saying suggests you think it should, which ironically makes you guys authoritarians who are opposed to personal liberty despite your protestations to the contrary.
      We live in a country of laws MM, and if acting in accord with your core values should violate those laws, then the government does and should compel you to violate them. Tell me what your core values are, and then we can discuss whether or not the government should be able to compel you to violate them. I think what you want is a theocracy in which everyone has the same values as you do, or at least are forced to live their lives according to them. That would be authoritarian. Secularism allows as much individual freedom in society as is possible without the ones freedoms infringing upon the others.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
        We live in a country of laws MM, and if acting in accord with your core values should violate those laws, then the government does and should compel you to violate them.
        Like I said, you're a big government authoritarian who is opposed to personal liberty. Which is fine with you as long as it's only other people's liberties that are being trampled on, right?
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
          Citizens can believe any crap they like, but they cannot discriminate against their fellow law abiding citizens just because they have different moral values.
          Something you ought to remind your leftist buddies of the next time they're planning on rioting to prevent someone from speaking.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Like I said, you're a big government authoritarian who is opposed to personal liberty. Which is fine with you as long as it's only other people's liberties that are being trampled on, right?
            Worse MM the leftists believe that what someone wants takes precedent over the rights of another to not be forced to go against their core value when said core value disagrees with the lefts values. So not only authoritarian but tyrannical authoritarian.

Comment

Oh my, you're not doing any better giving a straight answer than Jimmy. But this is typical of liberals and atheists when they realize that a straight answer will drive a stake through the heart of their argument.

Do you or do you not believe that the power of government should be used to compel its citizens to violate their core values? Everything you and Jimmy and Dimbulb have been saying suggests you think it should, which ironically makes you guys authoritarians who are opposed to personal liberty despite your protestations to the contrary.

Comment

• That still doesn't answer my question. Do you believe the power of government should be used to force its citizens to violate their core values? No more tap dancing. A simple "yes" or "no" will be sufficient.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  We live in a country of laws MM, and if acting in accord with your core values should violate those laws, then the government does and should compel you to violate them.
                  Ok So the government forcing ME to obey them is NOT authoritarian.

I think what you want is a theocracy in which everyone has the same values as you do, or at least are forced to live their lives according to them. That would be authoritarian.
                  Wait. So if it were a theocracy and the government forced you to obey their laws it would be Authoritarian. But you just said above that the government should compel you to obey them and that was NOT authoritarian?

So what you are really saying is that if the Government forces you to live by your liberal rules and laws, JimL values, then it is NOT authoritarian, but if it makes you live by conservative rules and values then it IS authoritarian.

OK just wanted to be clear on your double standard. Carry on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    Ok So the government forcing ME to obey them is NOT authoritarian.

Wait. So if it were a theocracy and the government forced you to obey their laws it would be Authoritarian. But you just said above that the government should compel you to obey them and that was NOT authoritarian?

So what you are really saying is that if the Government forces you to live by your liberal rules and laws, JimL values, then it is NOT authoritarian, but if it makes you live by conservative rules and values then it IS authoritarian.

OK just wanted to be clear on your double standard. Carry on.
                    Government of, by, and for the people Sparko. There is a big difference between representative government and theocracy. Carry on.

Comment

Government of, by, and for the people Sparko. There is a big difference between representative government and theocracy. Carry on.
                      Really? Then why are you saying that Trump's government is authoritarian? Your problem is not theocracy vs representative government. It is liberal government v conservative government. You were perfectly happy with the government under Obama, but now that the very same government is under Trump, all of a sudden it is "authoritarian"

When the government forces businesses to cater to groups they don't want to, they are not authoritarian. When the government forces YOU to do something you don't want or like, then it is authoritarian.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        Really? Then why are you saying that Trump's government is authoritarian? Your problem is not theocracy vs representative government. It is liberal government v conservative government. You were perfectly happy with the government under Obama, but now that the very same government is under Trump, all of a sudden it is "authoritarian"

When the government forces businesses to cater to groups they don't want to, they are not authoritarian. When the government forces YOU to do something you don't want or like, then it is authoritarian.
                        No, Trump is not representing anyone but himself. He's not draining the swamp, he's filling it, he doesn't respect the institutions of government, he demeans and challenges their authority

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                          No, Trump is not representing anyone but himself.
                          ""

Comment

No, Trump is not representing anyone but himself. He's not draining the swamp, he's filling it, he doesn't respect the institutions of government, he demeans and challenges their authority
                            He is keeping his promises left and right! Nearly everything he said he would do he is doing. He is representing the country pretty durn well. Sorry if some people like you don't like it. Again, it seems like "Authoritarian" just means "Jimmy don't like, waaaaaah!"

Now you say challenging and dismantling some of Big Government is "authoritarian" -

Comment

• Screen Shot 2017-02-09 at 8.38.24 AM.jpg
                              https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...313986/photo/1

Comment

• Interesting to note that the University of California at Berkeley's student newspaper (The Daily Californian) just published five op-eds in support of violent rioting.

Dang those outside agitators smiley fist shake.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment