Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Canadian stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    And the Trump moon seems out of place.
    I think it's appropriate, since he's now accusing Pierre of "Trump-style politics", in order to create fear in the stupider members of the populace. And I think he is afraid of Trump getting into power again, as it means that the pipeline will be allowed again and the agreement on other ideological crap that JT shares with Biden now will be down the hopper.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Source: https://image.cagle.com/281239/750/281239.png

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Canada’s Psychiatric Death Panels on Pause
        It’s only temporary, however, because the mentally ill are still the next vulnerable party the government wishes to exploit.

Canada has an assisted suicide program called Medical Assistance in Dying (MAID). When the ban against assisted suicide was initially lifted in 2015, this program was for the terminally ill or elderly who wanted to bypass the potential suffering of the end stages of something like terminal cancer.

This is despicable in and of itself. It gets darker, however. MAID opened up its criteria for eligible applicants to the poor. The government was, in essence, convincing its people that they were a burden on society simply because they could not afford to live in Canada, which has as much to do with poor governance as it does with life circumstances that put people in cycles of poverty.

Canada was already killing its sick and its poor — but then took it a step further. The government subsequently decided it was also going to kill the mentally ill, and children as young as 12 qualify. Officials justify this by saying the sufferer’s mental illness must be irreversible.

So it is with a sigh of some relief that Canada has announced a pause on the MAID program for the mentally ill. What exactly was the reason? Had government death panelists come to realize just how evil this program was not only as a concept but also for their sickening society?

No.

They simply don’t have enough doctors to meet demand.

Apparently, the demand for MAID’s “services” jumped by 30% between 2021 and 2022. Last year, more than 4% of Canada’s deaths occurred through this barbaric practice. The mental illness demand for suicide is so high that provinces were given more time to organize and hire doctors, specifically psychiatrists, to handle the workload.

Not the Bee points out this bitter irony: “But there’s something funny about the Canadian socialized healthcare system being at such a gross level of incompetence that they can’t effectively execute their death panel program.”

Sadly, this is only a temporary pause.

Conservative Party MP Ed Fast asked: “Have we gone too far and too fast with Canada’s assisted suicide program? Will we evolve into a culture of death as the preferred option for those who suffer from mental illness or will we choose life?”

Canada is already in the throes of that culture of death. The mentally ill are merely the next vulnerable party the government wishes to exploit.

Life is a gift. We do not choose to be born, but we do get to choose how we use the gift of life. Squandering what time you have left by wallowing in the victimhood of poor health or poverty is believing the lie that circumstances determine your life’s value.

A temporary pause still beats full steam ahead.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Canada’s Psychiatric Death Panels on Pause
          It’s only temporary, however, because the mentally ill are still the next vulnerable party the government wishes to exploit.

Canada has an assisted suicide program called Medical Assistance in Dying (MAID). When the ban against assisted suicide was initially lifted in 2015, this program was for the terminally ill or elderly who wanted to bypass the potential suffering of the end stages of something like terminal cancer.

This is despicable in and of itself. It gets darker, however. MAID opened up its criteria for eligible applicants to the poor. The government was, in essence, convincing its people that they were a burden on society simply because they could not afford to live in Canada, which has as much to do with poor governance as it does with life circumstances that put people in cycles of poverty.

Canada was already killing its sick and its poor — but then took it a step further. The government subsequently decided it was also going to kill the mentally ill, and children as young as 12 qualify. Officials justify this by saying the sufferer’s mental illness must be irreversible.

So it is with a sigh of some relief that Canada has announced a pause on the MAID program for the mentally ill. What exactly was the reason? Had government death panelists come to realize just how evil this program was not only as a concept but also for their sickening society?

No.

Apparently, the demand for MAID’s “services” jumped by 30% between 2021 and 2022. Last year, more than 4% of Canada’s deaths occurred through this barbaric practice. The mental illness demand for suicide is so high that provinces were given more time to organize and hire doctors, specifically psychiatrists, to handle the workload.

Not the Bee points out this bitter irony: “But there’s something funny about the Canadian socialized healthcare system being at such a gross level of incompetence that they can’t effectively execute their death panel program.”

Conservative Party MP Ed Fast asked: “Have we gone too far and too fast with Canada’s assisted suicide program? Will we evolve into a culture of death as the preferred option for those who suffer from mental illness or will we choose life?”

Canada is already in the throes of that culture of death. The mentally ill are merely the next vulnerable party the government wishes to exploit.

Life is a gift. We do not choose to be born, but we do get to choose how we use the gift of life. Squandering what time you have left by wallowing in the victimhood of poor health or poverty is believing the lie that circumstances determine your life’s value.

I heard about this the other day. My first thought was that someone had some common sense. But when the reasoning is that there aren’t enough doctors,well, then, apparently not.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Oh, and P.S., I will be talking to my doctor next week about hip replacement surgery, because I am getting really bad. Because of Covid regs, when docs and other staff were fired because they wouldn’t get vaxxed, and money going to abortions and trans surgeries and assisted suicides, I will likely wait for nearly 2 years just to have a consult with a surgeon, and another 2 years for surgery.

So maybe I’ll have to wait even longer when and if they get more docs to help kill people. Maybe they will offer MAID to me and others like me, who live in pain that could be fixed in a few weeks or months if they weren’t wasting resources on crap.

Comment

Canada’s Psychiatric Death Panels on Pause

No.

wow. So if someone is depressed and suicidal, rather than help them get over it, they just say "Fine. Let us help you do it right!"?

Being suicidal is a very common symptom of mental illness. Doctors are supposed to help people get well and treatment, not go along with their suicidal wishes.

So evil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

wow. So if someone is depressed and suicidal, rather than help them get over it, they just say "Fine. Let us help you do it right!"?

Being suicidal is a very common symptom of mental illness. Doctors are supposed to help people get well and treatment, not go along with their suicidal wishes.

So evil.
                When the government gets involved it seems that suicide often becomes the preferred "treatment."

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                  Oh, and P.S., I will be talking to my doctor next week about hip replacement surgery, because I am getting really bad. Because of Covid regs, when docs and other staff were fired because they wouldn’t get vaxxed, and money going to abortions and trans surgeries and assisted suicides, I will likely wait for nearly 2 years just to have a consult with a surgeon, and another 2 years for surgery.

So maybe I’ll have to wait even longer when and if they get more docs to help kill people. Maybe they will offer MAID to me and others like me, who live in pain that could be fixed in a few weeks or months if they weren’t wasting resources on crap.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

It now takes 3 weeks to get an appointment with my doctor. He was call you within a week. If you have an emergency, you have to go to a walk-in clinic, which is just as bad, or the ER, where people are dying while waiting to see someone.

It's really horrible.

Comment

It now takes 3 weeks to get an appointment with my doctor. He was call you within a week. If you have an emergency, you have to go to a walk-in clinic, which is just as bad, or the ER, where people are dying while waiting to see someone.

It's really horrible.
                      Wow, a week or so ago, I felt the onset of the Texas Crud, and called our clinic. It was just after lunch - they asked if I could be there by 2:30 PM (same day). I was. By 3:30, I was in line at the drug store to pick up my prescription.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Wow, a week or so ago, I felt the onset of the Texas Crud, and called our clinic. It was just after lunch - they asked if I could be there by 2:30 PM (same day). I was. By 3:30, I was in line at the drug store to pick up my prescription.
                        There you go. Socialized medicine is way more fun than yours!

Our doc desperately needs help. He is very good about phoning you if you need prescriptions renewed, or to discuss test results, but I still might wait a few days to talk to him that way because he makes a lot of phone calls, too. He also does house calls for those who can't get out, and he spends an afternoon or two every week at one of the senior's housing facilities here, which I admire. I could talk to him about my hip over the phone but I'd like to speak to him in person about it.

So I wait. And plan ahead if one of us needs to talk to or see him.
                        Last edited by mossrose; 02-06-2024, 01:00 PM.

Comment

It's really horrible.
                          In my area, we have "urgent care" locations. I haven't been to all of them, but the one covered by my insurance is great. They're open 7-days per week, usually until 8 pm. They will see you quickly (so far, always less than an hour) and get you treated. My wife loves them.

But for the hours they aren't open, or for major internal issues, they will refer you to the ER. All ERs in my area are horribly slow. My daughter waited almost 8 hours once when her blood pressure went haywire.

In conclusion, I try not to have emergencies after 8 pm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

In my area, we have "urgent care" locations. I haven't been to all of them, but the one covered by my insurance is great. They're open 7-days per week, usually until 8 pm. They will see you quickly (so far, always less than an hour) and get you treated. My wife loves them.

But for the hours they aren't open, or for major internal issues, they will refer you to the ER. All ERs in my area are horribly slow. My daughter waited almost 8 hours once when her blood pressure went haywire.

I've actually heard people say that if you ever go to the emergency room for a medical issue, be sure to tell them it's your heart - cause they put heart problems at the head of the line.

(I've often wondered ... "yeah, I hit my thumb with a hammer, but MY HEART!!!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

We have those, too. They are virtually ERs without a hospital attached. If you need to be sent to a hospital from there, good luck getting an ambulance anytime soon, or a bed in the hospital when you get there.

People are dying in our ERs. One woman died after waiting for 36 hours to see a doctor.

Comment

We have those, too. They are virtually ERs without a hospital attached. If you need to be sent to a hospital from there, good luck getting an ambulance anytime soon, or a bed in the hospital when you get there.

People are dying in our ERs. One woman died after waiting for 36 hours to see a doctor.
                                Interesting sidenote: When my daughter waited for almost 8 hours, my wife called the ER head nurse (my wife used to work for the hospital and kept a rolodex of phone numbers. She actually called the head nurse cell phone somehow). Anyway, the nurse was a bit freaked out because my wife insinuated that she had connections, since she was asked how she got the number. My daughter was given a room within 5 minutes of that phone call. Might have just been a coincidence, no way to know for sure, but I suggested my wife hang on to that number.

Comment