Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Inaguration crowd size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    So now you know I don't find the joke funny. I'll leave it to you to decide what you want to do about that.

(I also have no clue what "fify" means)
    fify is often accompanied by nc ---- fixed it for you / no charge

It's a meme -- it's kidding. Sour pusses get angry, everybody else just shrugs it off. I even made it so goofy (or so I thought) that nobody would take it seriously.

But, OH NO.... Mr Carpe-the-grumpbucket took offense!!!!!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I could give you my list of why I believe Trump is unfit for office, but I see little point in doing so. History tells me it will be explained/dismissed/denied, or I'll get a stream of whataboutisms, or it will simply be labeled "liberal whining."
      This strikes me as poisoning the well, or perhaps confirmation bias. Have you considered the possibility that you get those kinds of responses because your criticisms aren't as substantive or poignant as you think they are?
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        fify is often accompanied by nc ---- fixed it for you / no charge

It's a meme -- it's kidding. Sour pusses get angry, everybody else just shrugs it off. I even made it so goofy (or so I thought) that nobody would take it seriously.

But, OH NO.... Mr Carpe-the-grumpbucket took offense!!!!!
        I find the practice childish and dishonest. Shoot me...
        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

I find the practice childish and dishonest. Shoot me...
          That would be a total waste of a perfectly good bullet.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            This strikes me as poisoning the well, or perhaps confirmation bias. Have you considered the possibility that you get those kinds of responses because your criticisms aren't as substantive or poignant as you think they are?
            No - not really. I get those responses to ALL of the points, ALL of the time, when it is someone from the right. I am not a person given to superlatives. I find them almost always wrong. But this one is intentional. So I've come to realize it's a waste of time to get into a "why I think Trump is unfit" discussion with someone from the right. Trump is the ultimate Teflon candidate. He can say or do anything he wishes, and his base will follow in stride. You, MM, are a prime example of his kind of follower. I just don't have the time/energy to waste when I already know how the discussion is going to end.
            The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              That would be a total waste of a perfectly good bullet.
              Tru dat. My wife will attest...

Comment

Tru dat. My wife will attest...
                My wife is much more effective with "the look".

Comment

That was pretty much the point. Trump was so obsessed about crowd size, and the entire thing was petty. I mean really...the president calls the parks people to ream them out about crowd-size statements? Really?

Trump always has to be the biggest, baddest, best, at everything. He had the greatest landslide in history (despite ranking 46th out of 56 elections), he had the biggest crowds (despite demonstrably not), he is presiding over the first time GDP is higher than unemployment in 100 years (despite 64 quarters in that 100 years when it did exactly that). The list of his boast, brags, and outright fabrications just goes on and on and on....

...and most on the right nod, and smile, and defend...

..it's amazing... actually... and a little sad.
                  Yeah but he is not the only one. The left MSM was pushing the crowd angle a lot and the liberals here on tweb were falling right in line. The crowd size discrepancy was manufactured by the MSM to show how unpopular Trump was when in fact the crowd sizes were comparable and really have nothing to do with popularity. Not everyone can go to an inauguration after all.

Comment

Whataburger: Good burger...

Whataboutism: Lousy debate strategy...
                    \
                    trying to claim any answer to your accusations is "whataboutism" is an even weaker debate strategy.

Maybe you should start numbering arguments again, that worked so well.

Comment

No - not really. I get those responses to ALL of the points, ALL of the time, when it is someone from the right. I am not a person given to superlatives. I find them almost always wrong. But this one is intentional. So I've come to realize it's a waste of time to get into a "why I think Trump is unfit" discussion with someone from the right. Trump is the ultimate Teflon candidate. He can say or do anything he wishes, and his base will follow in stride. You, MM, are a prime example of his kind of follower. I just don't have the time/energy to waste when I already know how the discussion is going to end.
                      Translation: "It's everybody else's fault!"

Your lack of introspection and self-awareness is noted.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        Yeah but he is not the only one. The left MSM was pushing the crowd angle a lot and the liberals here on tweb were falling right in line. The crowd size discrepancy was manufactured by the MSM to show how unpopular Trump was when in fact the crowd sizes were comparable and really have nothing to do with popularity. Not everyone can go to an inauguration after all.
                        When the President of the United States says something demonstrably wrong, then keeps saying it over and over again, doubling down on it. When idiot conspiracy theories fly as a result that the Park service is substituting pictures from other events to make the President look bad.

This is news. It's pretty big news really, given the man holds the codes to a nuclear arsenal capable of destroying civilization and he's acting like a three year old whose birthday party wasn't exactly what he wanted.

To fault the MSM for covering that insanity is to not understand why we have a free press.

And as far as I'm concerned, NOT to have covered it and NOT to have made a big deal about it would have pointed to a real problem with its function. The American people NEED to know the man they just elected isn't playing with a full deck.

Even if a large percentage of them would rather put their fingers in their ears and chant "Trump, Trump, Trump" or run around with tin foil hats on following "the Q".

Jim
                        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 09-11-2018, 07:56 AM.
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                          When the President of the United States says something demonstrably wrong, then keeps saying it over and over again, doubling down on it. When idiot conspiracy theories fly as a result that the Park service is substituting pictures from other events to make the President look bad.

This is news. It's pretty big news really, given the man holds the codes to a nuclear arsenal capable of destroying civilization and he's acting like a three year old whose birthday party wasn't exactly what he wanted.

To fault the MSM for covering that insanity is to not understand why we have a free press.

And as far as I'm concerned, NOT to have covered it and NOT to have made a big deal about it would have pointed to a real problem with its function. The American people NEED to know the man they just elected isn't playing with a full deck.

Even if a large percentage of them would rather put their fingers in their ears and chant "Trump, Trump, Trump" or run around with tin foil hats on following "the Q".

Jim
                          Dang Jim, you have really turned into a raging drama queen over Trump. smh.

Comment

Dang Jim, you have really turned into a raging drama queen over Trump. smh.
                            Name calling?

To be a 'Drama Queen' one needs to be ranting about things that do not matter. A President that needs to have his ego massaged every minute of every day and who prefers people lie to him rather than tell him the truth is something that matters a very great deal Sparko. What puzzles me is why you do not seem to understand that.

Jim
                            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                              Name calling?

To be a 'Drama Queen' one needs to be ranting about things that do not matter. A President that needs to have his ego massaged every minute of every day and who prefers people lie to him rather than tell him the truth is something that matters a very great deal Sparko. What puzzles me is why you do not seem to understand that.

Jim
                              You are blowing people commenting about the crowd size at the inauguration into a major crisis because:
                              That is Drama Queenery at it's finest, Jim. Chicken Little would be proud.

Comment

You are blowing people commenting about the crowd size at the inauguration into a major crisis because:

That is Drama Queenery at it's finest, Jim. Chicken Little would be proud.
                                No Sparko. If the man holding the keys to the nuclear codes is mentally unstable (and that is what his constant lying over trivial issues would indicate) it is a big problem, and one I would think all Americans regardless of party affiliation should be concerned about.

Jim

Comment