Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Split from Economics thread - Abortion Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    They don't want to understand; they're driven by their own ideology.
    irony.jpg
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
      Hypocritical for CP to whine about it, imho.
      You reduced to sniping now?
      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        You reduced to sniping now?
        He's just mad cause I called him out on not answering questions, demanding that he already answered questions, then claimed I was chasing him all over Tweb trying to get him to answer.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Folks I hope you had some irony meters in a very safe spot because every single irony meter factory in the world just blew up.

Rogue could make a killing with the stock pile I bet he has.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
              And I have to wonder if you pro-abort nuts are intelligent enough to even understand basic human embryology concepts...
              remember who you are talking to here BTC the one who thinks it woujld be to kill 3 month old baby.

Comment

• I have a great idea for a super villain! He kills people by ripping them apart one limb at a time, using a giant uberpowerful suction device to rip them to shreds, force feeds saline, sucks their brains out, or injects poison in their hearts! And then some edgy "superhero" beats him up. Except there isn't anyway to make that be PG-13 unless it happened off panel.
                If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

• Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                  Folks I hope you had some irony meters in a very safe spot because every single irony meter factory in the world just blew up.

Rogue could make a killing with the stock pile I bet he has.
                  Something about comments from down under that wipes out irony meters regardless of precautions. Look at what happened after Starlight said something...
                  Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Checking. checking...

Drat. These got blown
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]20392[/ATTACH]

What about in the lead lined bunker?

Poop! Those too
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]20393[/ATTACH]

Maybe the lead lined bunker in the lower level

Ugh. Even worse.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]20394[/ATTACH]

Last chance. I got a couple in one of the deeper bacon vaults.

Alright! Looks like... oops. No good.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]20395[/ATTACH]

There's one more in the corner

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20396[/ATTACH]
                  And we have a winn... crap.
                  Attached Files

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

having individual human rights.
                    So to be clear, you would be morally opposed to abortion past the point of viability (something like 23 weeks, AFAICT)?
                    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

No one is arguing that an embryo/fetus is not human during all stages of its development, of course it is.
                      Cool. And EVERY human being should be protected by the law regardless if they're a child, adult, senior adult, or just beginning their journey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                        So to be clear, you would be morally opposed to abortion past the point of viability (something like 23 weeks, AFAICT)?
                        For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

You forgot about the personhood fairy. She's related to the tooth fairy and grants every Homo Sapiens organism the gift of personhood when it fully exits the birth canal into the real world.

Another thought, why are abortion procedures so tortuous? Can't they at least be humane about murdering tiny, helpless, developing humans? Imagine the outrage if a puppy were killed in that manner!
                        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                          2 points here. 1) "viability" is another in a series of changes a human goes through. It in no way negates the fact that the human is still an individual member of our species and as such, should receive the right to live without risk of termination from any other member of our species. 2) there are several rights that come at the expense of others' rights.
                          You missed the point. Toddlers are incapable of self-care, and the one legally responsible for them is bound by law to care for them until such a time that someone else can take custody of them. A woman who no longer wants her toddler can not just leave them on the side of the road just because she wants the right to not be forced to care for it.
                          It's just one of a series of interacting systems in the body. And there are many birth defects that can make a fetus with a functioning brain pattern not viable. Again, that Justice Blackmun got it worng doesn't change the indisputable biological fact - that an "insensate fetus" is an individual member of our species.
                          The view that Justice Blackmun and the Supreme Court
                          Funny.
                          Well I know how committed to mythology you are.

That it lacks one specific advancement in development does not in any way negate the fact that it is a separate human person. And that separate human dies in an abortion. Not the mother.
                          That it is dependent on its mother is inconsequential. As proven above, an infant is also "totally dependent" on its caregiver.
                          Invalid comparison!

I'm not applying it to abortion. I'm refuting a SPECIFIC point you are making, that a fetus does not have "separate rights".
                          "be construed to permit the prosecution of any person for conduct relating to an abortion for which the consent of the pregnant woman has obtained".

Comment