Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

University of Wisconsin stands by 'Problem of Whiteness' course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by robrecht View Post
    Excuse me
    You're excused.

but up until now you have totally failed to demonstrate that the content of this course is crap. As far as I have seen, you have no familiarity whatsoever with the content of this course. Right?
    I read the university's statement on the matter - http://news.wisc.edu/statement-on-af...l-studies-405/
    And I read the course description on the university website - http://african.wisc.edu/content/problem-whiteness

It sounds like crap.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
      The course constitutes of the same type of agitation Nazis did against Jews. Except white people aren't jews, there's a lot more of us around so when the conflict turns existential there's gonna be a lot more damage than last time. And I seem to recall there being quite a bit of damage back then.
      Really? You think this particular professor would like to exterminate all white people? Anything to back this up?
      אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

If the apocalypse came and selectively struck down only liberals it wouldn't be a problem. But it won't. It'll strike all of us down, and if you have progeny it will drop on their heads like a hammer. So if it's all the same to you I'd rather not allow these people into government, or ideally any position of power over me.
        I don't think it will strike all of us down.
        Simple folk will be fine because they won't be near centers of power.

Take New York City, which insists on being a hub of kooky liberal ideas - and oddly enough is also the epicenter of terrorist attacks in the United States.
        If you're a conservative mid-western farmer the chances of you being blown up by a terrorist are 0% unless you happen to be visiting some big liberal city.
        Also, stupid town is where you also get all of the stupid liberal policies - everything from broken approaches to education/gun control/extra tax on soda pop - none of it works.

The problem as I see it is that our extreme wealth allows silly ideas to flourish because we can afford to pay for the failures.
        Once the money is gone most of liberalism will disappear with it.
        I don't know if we can beat back the corruption of money at this point.
        Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Really? I contribute to a lot of white people hating other white people more than anything in the world? What in the world are you talking about about here???
          The course that is the subject of this thread, for example. It's one of those things that there would be no debate about if it was directed at anyone else's racial identity. In fact it would never even be proposed at any government funded educational institution. Its sole purpose is to create more white self loathing for the sake of keeping the Democratic Party and progressive ideology politically viable, and agitate minority hatred of white people. Anyone who defends it is no different from holocaust enablers.
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            You're excused.

I read the university's statement on the matter - http://news.wisc.edu/statement-on-af...l-studies-405/
            And I read the course description on the university website - http://african.wisc.edu/content/problem-whiteness

It sounds like crap.
            So you admit that you have no familiarity whatsoever with the content of this particular course. Thank you.

Comment

Really? You think this particular professor would like to exterminate all white people? Anything to back this up?
              http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/12/26...christmas.html

Pro Tip: Academics are so certifiably insane at this point it would probably be best not to challenge their ability to say moon-bat crazy things. You'll lose every time.
              Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

So you admit that you have no familiarity whatsoever with the content of this particular course. Thank you.
                OK, so now you've gone from polite conversation to being a jerk. No, I did not say that at all. If you want to buy this crap, it's on you.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                  I don't think it will strike all of us down.
                  Simple folk will be fine because they won't be near centers of power.

Take New York City, which insists on being a hub of kooky liberal ideas - and oddly enough is also the epicenter of terrorist attacks in the United States.
                  If you're a conservative mid-western farmer the chances of you being blown up by a terrorist are 0% unless you happen to be visiting some big liberal city.
                  Also, stupid town is where you also get all of the stupid liberal policies - everything from broken approaches to education/gun control/extra tax on soda pop - none of it works.

The problem as I see it is that our extreme wealth allows silly ideas to flourish because we can afford to pay for the failures.
                  Once the money is gone most of liberalism will disappear with it.
                  I don't know if we can beat back the corruption of money at this point.
                  You're assuming they won't put you in a concentration camp first. Lots of Jewish people who were not involved with media or banking or communist agitation thought they would escape the Nazis because they ran a bagel shop in some no-name town. You think liberals are just fighting for power but their rank and file aren't fueled by a desire of money and power, they are fueled by hatred of you that the money makers are more than happy to fuel with no concern for the future. It's amazing that you're simultaneously paralyzed scared of these people and so dismissive of what they can do. Even without explicit government power they have you living in constant fear. They'll do a lot worse if they're not stopped. I think it's time they were actually taken seriously before I another Hitler begins exploiting the situation
                  "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

The course that is the subject of this thread, for example. It's one of those things that there would be no debate about if it was directed at anyone else's racial identity. In fact it would never even be proposed at any government funded educational institution. Its sole purpose is to create more white self loathing for the sake of keeping the Democratic Party and progressive ideology politically viable, and agitate minority hatred of white people. Anyone who defends it is no different from holocaust enablers.
                    So far I will mark you down as completely non-responsive. Or do you have anything remotely rational with which to accuse me with as a holocaust enabler???

Comment

Comment

• When you said....

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
                        No, I'm sincerely asking for your input on this issue.
                        I took you at your word. It was against my better judgment, because I had a strong feeling you were just playing to the "gotcha" game. But I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

So, where do we end up?

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
                        That's crap, and you're a fraud. You have ZERO interest in "sincerely asking for input" - your interest is obviously "see? I'm right!"

Comment

Any evidence for this crazy position?

Comment

So far I will mark you down as completely non-responsive. Or do you have anything remotely rational with which to accuse me with as a holocaust enabler???
                            I never accused you of being a holocaust enabler, just the moral equivalent of one. Again, if you think what I'm saying is irrational then go read a few history books about how not just Nazis but other people talked about Jews pre-holocaust and compare them with the way you, Spartacus, and this professor talk about white people. Because I have, and the parallels are striking. It's always the same recurring idea, that a group of people have power they shouldn't have (IE: privilege) and it needs to be taken from them. Violence against them is minimized/ignored/excused, etc. If you want to dismiss me as a loon go right ahead, when a western-wide civil war starts don't say you weren't warned.

Comment

• My rhetoric is identical with Nazi rhetoric about Jews? Can you substantiate this with anything at all? Or are you just being ridiculous?

Comment

Any evidence for this crazy position?
                                You want evidence that there's a clear double standard in the way academia treats white identity vs everything else? It is self-evident that universities attack white identity but not black identity. See for example the UofWisconsin's african studies page:

http://african.wisc.edu/courses

Lots of courses, all of them supportive of black identity. Nothing even remotely comparable to "The problem of blackness". I feel stupid just answering this idiotic question.

Comment