Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

And We're Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And We're Off

Saw my first political ad for the 2022 campaign season this evening. I'm sorry to see it start so early. Such is our modern political life.

I predict by mid-March CIVICs will be filling up with OMB threads again as certain posters who've been pretty quiet since November reappear.

For the record, I saw an ad for Lee Zeldin, Republican, running for NY Governor. It was an attack ad on Governor Hochul trying to tie her to the bad parts of the Cuomo administration. I guess if I was running for governor in NY as a Republican, I'd do the same. The closer Hochul can be tied to Cumom in independent's minds, the better my chances.

Let the good times begin.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
    I predict by mid-March CIVICs will be filling up with OMB threads again as certain posters who've been pretty quiet since November reappear.
    I'm anticipating LiconaFan. I wonder what his new handle will be.

Comment

Saw my first political ad for the 2022 campaign season this evening. I'm sorry to see it start so early. Such is our modern political life.
      Only now? Here we've been getting political ads since at least December regarding our upcoming Senator race (technically, a lot were over the primary). They might've been present even before that, can't remember for sure, but I know it's been at least since December.

Comment

Here in PA, ads have been running for Pat Toomey's seat since late last year -- first Sands, then Oz, then McCormick. In the past few days, Bartos has joined the mix.
        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

For the record, I saw an ad for Lee Zeldin, Republican, running for NY Governor. It was an attack ad on Governor Hochul trying to tie her to the bad parts of the Cuomo administration. I guess if I was running for governor in NY as a Republican, I'd do the same. The closer Hochul can be tied to Cumom in independent's minds, the better my chances.

Let the good times begin.
          We had several start up a couple months ago. Yesterday there was a David Purdue for governor commercial and an anti-Perdue commercial (he's the recently defeated Senator who Trump is pushing because he's mad at the current governor Brian Kemp and will very possibly put Stacey Abrams in the governor's mansion as conservatives split their vote)

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I guess my state is behind the curve. Probably because of a lack of competitive races.
            "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

I guess my state is behind the curve. Probably because of a lack of competitive races.
              Until Trump pushed Purdue into the race, the governorship was not seen as competitive. Now it is regarded as a toss-up.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                Here in PA, ads have been running for Pat Toomey's seat since late last year -- first Sands, then Oz, then McCormick. In the past few days, Bartos has joined the mix.
                Yeah, I've seen them on the Philadelphia television stations for several weeks now. And the Primary is what, this coming May?
                When I Survey....

Comment