Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Liz Cheney - ‘Bombshell’ Texts That Actually Prove There Was No Insurrection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liz Cheney - ‘Bombshell’ Texts That Actually Prove There Was No Insurrection

Liz Cheney, Daily Beast Tout ‘Bombshell’ Texts That Actually Prove There Was No Insurrection

liz.jpg

The Leftist political and media establishment now takes for granted that on Jan. 6, Donald Trump attempted a coup, with his slavish minions storming the Capitol and threatening the very survival of our free institutions. The only thing they haven’t been able to do is to prove it, even with a vindictive round of impeachment proceedings conducted after Trump left office and an endless round of somnambulant Jan. 6 insurrection hearings in a House committee.

So it was understandable that the far-Left propaganda organ the Daily Beast was thrilled Monday when Rep. Liz Cheney (R-NeverTrump) revealed numerous texts sent to Trump Chief of Staff Mark Meadows on Jan. 6, begging Trump to tell the people who had entered the Capitol to desist. They got him now, right? After years of the Russian collusion hoax and Stalinist show trial impeachment proceedings, they finally got him! Well, no. In fact, the texts Cheney revealed prove definitively that there was no Jan. 6 insurrection at all.

The Daily Beast gives Cheney’s revelations the biggest possible buildup: “A bombshell dropped in Monday night’s Jan. 6 committee hearing when it was revealed that Donald Trump Jr.—along with Fox News stars including Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham—begged White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows to get the president to make a national address and halt the Capitol riot.” The unspoken corollary is that Trump paid no heed to these appeals from some of his most fervent supporters because he secretly or not-so-secretly supported the “insurrection.”

At first glance, it does look damning. Donald Trump Jr. texted Meadows: “He’s got to condemn this s**t ASAP. The Capitol Police tweet is not enough.” And then: “We need an Oval Office address. He has to lead now. It has gone too far and gotten out of hand.” Hannity texted in the same vein: “Can he make a statement. Ask people to leave the Capitol.” Ingraham wrote: “Mark, the president needs to tell people in the Capitol to go home. This is hurting all of us. He is destroying his legacy.” Fox & Friends’ Brian Kilmeade chimed in: “Please, get him on TV. Destroying everything you have accomplished.”

The Daily Beast does not bother to inform its unfortunate readers that Trump, far from orchestrating an insurrection, actually heeded these calls and issued a video statement just after 4 p.m.:

I know your pain. I know you’re hurt. I know you’re hurt, I know your pain. I know you’re hurt. We had an election that was stolen from us. It was a landslide election and everyone knows it, especially the other side. But you have to go home now. We have to have peace. We have to have law and order. We have to respect our great people in law and order. We don’t want anybody hurt. It’s a very tough period of time. There’s never been a time like this where such a thing happened where they could take it away from all of us, from me, from you, from our country. This was a fraudulent election. But we can’t play into the hands of these people. We have to have peace. So go home, we love you. You’re very special. You’ve seen what happens. You see the way others are treated that are so bad and so evil. I know how you feel, but go home and go home at peace.

This statement only enraged the Left, because in it Trump continued to charge that the election was stolen, which the establishment media insists is a false claim. But Trump’s statement is also unequivocal in telling the people at the Capitol on Jan. 6 to disperse peacefully; that’s hardly what one would expect from the leader of an insurrection. What’s more, it strains credulity that Trump would have been planning an “insurrection” on Jan. 6 but that his son, one of his closest confidantes, would not have known about it, and that it would have caught his top supporters in the media completely by surprise.

The bottom line is that Donald Trump Jr. and others texted Mark Meadows asking him to get Trump to make a statement pacifying the situation on Jan. 6, and Trump did so. This very simply and clearly proves that there was no insurrection at all and that the House’s Jan. 6 committee should make a statement to that effect and end its proceedings. But of course, its real purpose is to prevent Trump from being able to run again in 2024, and in pursuit of that goal, it will be with us for a long time to come.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Wasn't his last message before being banned on Social Media for inciting the non-insurrection one telling people not to behave like the other side and be peaceful?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Here's how the thread title appears when viewing the forum from a mobile device:

Liz Cheney - ‘Bombshell’ Texts That Actually Prove There Was No Insurrection by Cow Poke

It's good to know that Cow Poke did not instigate an insurrection.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Here's how the thread title appears when viewing the forum from a mobile device:

Liz Cheney - ‘Bombshell’ Texts That Actually Prove There Was No Insurrection by Cow Poke

In the not so distant future history books will devote a couple sentences to the notorious Cow Poke Non-insurrection of 2021.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Oh yeah? Hold my beer and keep on watching!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            In the not so distant future history books will devote a couple sentences to the notorious Cow Poke Non-insurrection of 2021.
            I demand a Congregational Instigation!

Comment

The Trump attempted autogolpe was a real and vibrant thing, and treacherous Repubs have been playing it down all this time, and getting ready for coup round two. The end of American democracy will be orchestrated by Christians just like this lot here. There’s not much left to do.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                FIFY n/c

Comment

Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                  The Trump attempted autogolpe was a real and vibrant thing, and treacherous Repubs have been playing it down all this time, and getting ready for coup round two. The end of American democracy will be orchestrated by Christians just like this lot here. There’s not much left to do.
                  It's just too bad that Little Lizzie Cheney entered into evidence proof of the exact opposite.

Comment

It's just too bad that Little Lizzie Cheney entered into evidence proof of the exact opposite.
                    Like vampires, Repubs fear the light of truth, so they hide in the shadows and plead the ‘fifth’.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post

Like vampires, Repubs fear the light of truth, so they hide in the shadows and plead the ‘fifth’.
                      In other words, there's no evidence anybody in the Trump administration did anything wrong.

Comment

In other words, there's no evidence anybody in the Trump administration did anything wrong.
                        But give us another five years and another boatload of money and this time they'll get him and his little dog to. smiley fist shake.gif

Comment

umad.gif

Comment

Only if you ignore the published evidence of the coup plotters plot and all their plotting phone calls.

Comment

Only if you ignore the published evidence of the coup plotters plot and all their plotting phone calls.
                              Dude, yet another leftist fantasy is imploding about you and you don't even see it.

You want to know the first clue? The MSM ignoring all of this. If it were damaging to Trump it would be a major story. But instead everything that doesn't turn out to be a dud is blowing up in their faces. You even have Adam Schiff (D-CA) getting caught falsifying and fabricating evidence because he knows this hoax is circling the drain and felt it necessary to lie to try to keep it afloat.

Comment